18 anti American, left wing war movies, vs. American Sniper...guess which made more money.....?

dodge.... YOU chicken shit the truth will scare the piss out of you.

[/QUOTE]

No it won't...I was alive and well when the psycho Lt. William Calley, went berserk and mowed down multiple VN villagers. To the best of my knowledge Calley didn't BEHEAD any of the victims. Raped and pillaged the women (hell, maybe the men too) but didn't behead anyone. He just mowed them down with a machine gun and was court marshaled and spent several years in prison. Next...

to the op American sniper is an anti war film, most all war films are.
pro war films like G.I JOE and pearl harbor made a ton of bucks too.

I saw American Sniper, and I didn't consider it an anti war film at all.
why am I not surprised?

Did you see it? It wasn't an anti war film at all. Sure it showed the negative affects of war, but the movie didn't show an opinion that war is unjustified.
justification is rationalization.
war is always bad but sometimes necessary.
mores the pity.

Are you a pacifist? It is possible to recognize war is ugly without being one you know. Anyway the movie isn't anti war and maybe you'd know that if you actually saw it.

dodge.... YOU chicken shit the truth will scare the piss out of you.

No it won't...I was alive and well when the psycho Lt. William Calley, went berserk and mowed down multiple VN villagers. To the best of my knowledge Calley didn't BEHEAD any of the victims. Raped and pillaged the women (hell, maybe the men too) but didn't behead anyone. He just mowed them down with a machine gun and was court marshaled and spent several years in prison. Next...[/QUOTE]wow that the best rationalizing of war atrocities I've heard in a long time....
the Nazi were just doing their job?
what a fucking idiotic excuse.
because he beheaded no one makes him less culpable.
you are bitching over style? that's godamn funny.

to the op American sniper is an anti war film, most all war films are.
pro war films like G.I JOE and pearl harbor made a ton of bucks too.

I saw American Sniper, and I didn't consider it an anti war film at all.
why am I not surprised?

Did you see it? It wasn't an anti war film at all. Sure it showed the negative affects of war, but the movie didn't show an opinion that war is unjustified.
justification is rationalization.
war is always bad but sometimes necessary.
mores the pity.

Are you a pacifist? It is possible to recognize war is ugly without being one you know. Anyway the movie isn't anti war and maybe you'd know that if you actually saw it.
Non sequitur
Non sequitur, in formal logic, is an argument in which its conclusion does not follow from its premises. In a non sequitur, the conclusion could be either true or false, but the argument is fallacious because there is a disconnection between the premise and the conclusion. All invalid arguments are special cases of non sequitur.

Well, as soon as we decided that allowing muslim terrorists to continually kill Americans with out responding was a bad idea......and we went to war to make them stop...the anti American Left used their minions in the entertainment wing of the democrat party to pump out anti American, anti military war films......and they all bombed.......

Then came American Sniper.....and it is on it's way to being the top grossing War film.......

Math American Sniper To Out-Gross All 18 Anti-War On Terror Films Combined - Breitbart

Over the course of about 5 years between 2004 – 2009, Hollywood produced no fewer than 18 anti-War On Terror box office bombs that defamed our country, our troops, and the righteous cause of the war against Islamic extremism. Every single one of those films bombed. The flop rate was 100%. Even Leftists stayed away in droves.

Let me pass along some settled science…

The domestic box office gross for all 18 of those films was around $300 million — or a pathetic $16 million each. My guess is that Hollywood lost somewhere around a billion — with “B” — dollars producing those box office bombs, that were designed specifically to undermine our warriors and to encourage the savage terrorists determined to kill them (and innocent Arabs and Muslims).
yes it is very easy now to perfect praise from the babies and suckers of this world. I thought the movie was a bit boring. Really. I'm done with this same ol war h
“American Sniper,” a single patriotic pro-troop film that portrays the war against those same terrorist barbarians as righteous, will out-gross all 18 of those anti-War On Terror films combined.

That’s science.

That’s math.

That’s a fact.

In just 10 days of wide release, director Clint Eastwood’s masterpiece has already grossed $200 million. Box Office Mojo now predicts “Sniper” will easily pass the $350 million mark and could possibly gross $400 millio
n.
Well, as soon as we decided that allowing muslim terrorists to continually kill Americans with out responding was a bad idea......and we went to war to make them stop...the anti American Left used their minions in the entertainment wing of the democrat party to pump out anti American, anti military war films......and they all bombed.......

Then came American Sniper.....and it is on it's way to being the top grossing War film.......

Math American Sniper To Out-Gross All 18 Anti-War On Terror Films Combined - Breitbart

Over the course of about 5 years between 2004 – 2009, Hollywood produced no fewer than 18 anti-War On Terror box office bombs that defamed our country, our troops, and the righteous cause of the war against Islamic extremism. Every single one of those films bombed. The flop rate was 100%. Even Leftists stayed away in droves.

The domestic box office gross for all 18 of those films was around $300 million — or a pathetic $16 million each. My guess is that Hollywood lost somewhere around a billion — with “B” — dollars producing those box office bombs, that were designed specifically to undermine our warriors and to encourage the savage terrorists determined to kill them (and innocent Arabs and Muslims).

“American Sniper,” a single patriotic pro-troop film that portrays the war against those same terrorist barbarians as righteous, will out-gross all 18 of those anti-War On Terror films combined.

That’s science.

That’s math.

That’s a fact.

In just 10 days of wide release, director Clint Eastwood’s masterpiece has already grossed $200 million. Box Office Mojo now predicts “Sniper” will easily pass the $350 million mark and could possibly gross $400 millio
n.
yes it seems we have perfected praise from the modern babies and suckers we've become. Same ol war crap. seen them all. movie was boring. Did he really cry when he thought he was gonna die? this I wanna know if it's based on truth.?

]wow that the best rationalizing of war atrocities I've heard in a long time....

You're comparing a psycho soldier 8,000 miles from home in a Vietnam jungle...to the Nazi war machine which gassed 6,000,000 Jews and starved God knows how many more to death. You are one idiotic punk. Someone should take your keyboard away to keep you from embarrassing your family.

Waiting for those ISIS style beheadings you claim the US is guilty of.

yes it is very easy now to perfect praise from the babies and suckers of this world. I thought the movie was a bit boring. Really. I'm done with this same ol war h

That’s science.

That’s math.

That’s a fact.

n.

That’s science.

That’s math.

That’s a fact.

n.
yes it seems we have perfected praise from the modern babies and suckers we've become. Same ol war crap. seen them all. movie was boring. Did he really cry when he thought he was gonna die? this I wanna know if it's based on truth.?
for the most part yes .
American Sniper True Story vs. Movie - Real Chris Kyle Taya Kyle

Questioning the Story:
spcrcl.gif

How many people did sniper Chris Kyle kill?

In researching the American Sniper true story, we learned that by the Pentagon's count, U.S. Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle had at least 160 confirmed kills during four tours in Iraq between 2003 and 2009 (TIME.com). This is the same number that is stated in the American Sniper movie. By his own count and the accounts of his Navy SEAL teammates, the number was likely closer to 255 (Daily Mail Online). Kyle's number well-surpassed the previous American record of 109, which was set by Army Staff Sgt. Adelbert F. Waldron III, who served in Vietnam (Military Channel).

]wow that the best rationalizing of war atrocities I've heard in a long time....

You're comparing a psycho soldier 8,000 miles from home in a Vietnam jungle...to the Nazi war machine which gassed 6,000,000 Jews and starved God knows how many more to death. You are one idiotic punk. Someone should take your keyboard away to keep you from embarrassing your family.

Waiting for those ISIS style beheadings you claim the US is guilty of.
hhahahahahahahah!
still rationalizing....
what's it like being so fucking ignorant.........
hay slapdick I NEVER CLAIMED ANY SUCH THING YOU JUST WISH I DID.
An atrocity is an atrocity no matter what method is used.

One wonders if Mr Kyle managed to kill at least one jihadist, or if they were just all women, children, disabled, elderly , and peaceful civilians.

Who to believe ??? Lol

That’s science.

That’s math.

That’s a fact.

n.

That’s science.

That’s math.

That’s a fact.

n.
for the most part yes .
American Sniper True Story vs. Movie - Real Chris Kyle Taya Kyle

Questioning the Story:
spcrcl.gif

How many people did sniper Chris Kyle kill?

In researching the American Sniper true story, we learned that by the Pentagon's count, U.S. Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle had at least 160 confirmed kills during four tours in Iraq between 2003 and 2009 (TIME.com). This is the same number that is stated in the American Sniper movie. By his own count and the accounts of his Navy SEAL teammates, the number was likely closer to 255 (Daily Mail Online). Kyle's number well-surpassed the previous American record of 109, which was set by Army Staff Sgt. Adelbert F. Waldron III, who served in Vietnam (Military Channel).
contrary to popular belief, killing and shooting really isn't that hard. o, ofcourse when you add personal danger beit limitted in certain cases, where one side has dominant air power and logistical support and intelligence that goes with it etc... It's those that can and do save that should be admired. But alas we warmongers wanna kill kill kill till our daddy take our guns away. yippee it's hippee time again then. see you there.

I saw the list. Most of the movies are ones I've never heard of which explains why they didn't make any money. The ones I have heard of were decent movies. The OP is child-like in equating earnings to quality. The two are incompatible in most cases. American Sniper is an action movie at it's heart so yeah, it should make more money than other films. It was much like Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby which tied the cerebral non-action scenes together with gritty aggressive combat.

Sniper is probably a better film than nearly all on the list. With an award winning leading actor/producer Bradley Cooper at the zenith of his fame and an award winning director telling the biopic of Chris Kyle--a decorated famous war hero, it would have been hard for Sniper to miss the mark.

Sniper wasn't as good as the Hurt Locker or Munich but it is a good film and deserves all of the accolades it has gotten. I think it was better than Redford's vanity play Lions for Lambs and a whole lot better than Marcus Luttrells Lone Survivor. Syriana was almost a documentary in it's story telling and was like Lions insofar as the stars wanting to make a statement though their art and not necessarily a profit. It's laughable to compare the two.

One wonders if Mr Kyle managed to kill at least one jihadist, or if they were just all women, children, disabled, elderly , and peaceful civilians.

Who to believe ??? Lol
It was all women, children, disabled, elderly and peaceful civilians. But they all had one common denominator...they were all liberal pieces of shit.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Who to believe ??? Lol
It was all women, children, disabled, elderly and peaceful civilians. But they all had one common denominator...they were all liberal pieces of shit.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
wrong again shit head! liberals don't exist there...

Forum List

Back