18 anti American, left wing war movies, vs. American Sniper...guess which made more money.....?

A long time ago, from having movie-addicted roomates with bad hearing (IOW unable to escape the soundtrack) I learned that Hollywood movies consist of three basic elements recycled over and over:

1. Gunshots and explosions;
  2. Car chases (other vehicles may be substituted, especially planes);
  3. Women screaming.
Lather, rinse, repeat, ad nauseum. That's what sells -- angsty emotion spurred by special effects. The storyline doesn't even matter except for "chick flicks".

And Hollywood knows it sells. Which is why they don't bother to aim any higher.

Avatar is anti war... Kind of beats yours..
Well as long as you know what you're talking about....

The conservative attack on Avatar.

Just put in 'Avatar Movie Liberal'

Game Over... Screen Credits... Liberal movie beats conservative movie...

And this whole thread is a pile of crap... American Sniper is a good movie, fairly entertaining and is as accurate as other hollywood movies. Does it deserve to be a massive box office hit, well each to there own.. I thought Green Zone was better fun and it tanked...

Was the movie fully truthful, eh... Well they left the most important bit out, even afters years leaving the war he became a casualty of it.

Probably a very interesting part of all this will be the trial of Eddie Ray Routh, the man who we believe killed Chris Kyle. HE was suffering from PSTD and had been twice to a mental hospital. Is this the kind of guy you give a gun to. Eddie Ray Routh was and probably still is a very sick man. Where was the investigation into how Chris died and the help given to veterans like Eddie Ray Routh.

What exactly do you think "making more money" means?
Are you personally invested in the flick?

:rolleyes:
I would say America is getting tired of whiny ass liberals.

Bzzt. sorry, incorrect.

Here's a hint:
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

Here's another hint:
"Step right up, step right up...."

Those who do not know how marketing works are doomed to be snookered by it.

Well, the idiots who made Anti American war movies after 9/11, 18 of them about our current conflict, don't know how to make movies...let alone market them......
right and you're Stephan Spielberg...
I can pretty much guarantee you know less than jack shit about how movies are made or marketed..

Hmmmm...never said I did....but I do know the anti American war movies about our fight against muslim terrorists have all been bombs...while this movie has been a success....for a guy who actually defined our enemies for what they were...savages....(and no....not all Iraqis or Afghanis.....the head choppers....).....
let me clue you in.. we are just as savage in war as any of our enemies.

Bzzt. sorry, incorrect.

Here's a hint:
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

Here's another hint:
"Step right up, step right up...."

Those who do not know how marketing works are doomed to be snookered by it.

Well, the idiots who made Anti American war movies after 9/11, 18 of them about our current conflict, don't know how to make movies...let alone market them......
right and you're Stephan Spielberg...
I can pretty much guarantee you know less than jack shit about how movies are made or marketed..

Hmmmm...never said I did....but I do know the anti American war movies about our fight against muslim terrorists have all been bombs...while this movie has been a success....for a guy who actually defined our enemies for what they were...savages....(and no....not all Iraqis or Afghanis.....the head choppers....).....

The point you're making is that Fear Sells.
hair-fire.gif

And you're right. Movies and TV (and before them unscrupulous newspapers, and after them unscrupulous bloggers) have always known that.

:eusa_clap: Go to the head of the class. You got it right. Finally.

It's not fear that sells this movie....it is good guy vs. really, really evil guys that sells and always has....the left thinks that the bad guys have to be good guys and the good guys are actually the bad guys....
right good and bad are relative, from the Muslim pov they are the good guys and "we are the bad" however reality is not that simple...

Do we take photos of the beheadings before and after? YOU are really a dipshit who cannot find your ass to wipe the shit off.
yes we do, there are many newly declassified films from ww2 Korea and Vietnam showing American atrocities.. "we" just don't advertise them...

Do we take photos of the beheadings before and after? YOU are really a dipshit who cannot find your ass to wipe the shit off.
yes we do, there are many newly declassified films from ww2 Korea and Vietnam showing American atrocities.. "we" just don't advertise them...
Why don't you post a few with a NSFW warning. And by the way, how does Clint Eastwood lean, politically? You're so full of shit.

Why don't you post a few with a NSFW warning. And by the way, how does Clint Eastwood lean, politically? You're so full of shit.
Film exposes Allies Pacific war atrocities World news The Guardian
Film exposes Allies' Pacific war atrocities
Horrific footage shot during battle with Japanese shows execution of wounded and bayoneting of corpses.

For more than half a century they have been portrayed as wholesome heroes who fought in terrible conditions to save the Western way of life from Japanese aggression. But now the savage acts that Allied soldiers were driven to commit in the Pacific theatre are about to be exposed.
Researchers for a TV series to be broadcast on Channel 4 this month have unearthed disturbing and previously unseen footage from the Second World War which had languished forgotten in archives for 57 years.The images are so horrific senior television executives had to be consulted before they were considered fit for broadcast.

The film, shot in colour, was taken by an unknown combat cameraman in 1944 during fighting on the Pacific Island of Peleliu. It includes scenes of American soldiers shooting Japanese wounded as they lie prone on the ground.

In another scene on the Japanese island of Okinawa a year later, a US soldier is filmed dragging a wounded enemy from a hiding place. Although the man has his ankles tied together, two bullets are fired into his knees and then, while he is still moving, shots are fired into his chest and head.

Other footage from Hell in the Pacific shows American soldiers using bayonets to hack at Japanese corpses while looting them. Former servicemen interviewed by researchers spoke of the widespread practice of looting gold teeth from the dead - and sometimes from the living.

Others spoke of units throwing away their bayonets to avoid being ordered by 'over-enthusiastic' officers to charge, and of machine-gunning villages full of civilians and clubbing wounded Japanese soldiers to death as they tried to surrender.

Horrific footage shot during battle with Japanese shows execution of wounded and bayoneting of corpses.

For more than half a century they have been portrayed as wholesome heroes who fought in terrible conditions to save the Western way of life from Japanese aggression. But now the savage acts that Allied soldiers were driven to commit in the Pacific theatre are about to be exposed.
Researchers for a TV series to be broadcast on Channel 4 this month have unearthed disturbing and previously unseen footage from the Second World War which had languished forgotten in archives for 57 years.The images are so horrific senior television executives had to be consulted before they were considered fit for broadcast.

The film, shot in colour, was taken by an unknown combat cameraman in 1944 during fighting on the Pacific Island of Peleliu. It includes scenes of American soldiers shooting Japanese wounded as they lie prone on the ground.

In another scene on the Japanese island of Okinawa a year later, a US soldier is filmed dragging a wounded enemy from a hiding place. Although the man has his ankles tied together, two bullets are fired into his knees and then, while he is still moving, shots are fired into his chest and head.

Other footage from Hell in the Pacific shows American soldiers using bayonets to hack at Japanese corpses while looting them. Former servicemen interviewed by researchers spoke of the widespread practice of looting gold teeth from the dead - and sometimes from the living.

Others spoke of units throwing away their bayonets to avoid being ordered by 'over-enthusiastic' officers to charge, and of machine-gunning villages full of civilians and clubbing wounded Japanese soldiers to death as they tried to surrender.

I didn't see any pictures or video of that happening Daws. Just the WORD of a LIBERAL piece of shit purported newspaper...from England.

I didn't see any pictures or video of that happening Daws. Just the WORD of a LIBERAL piece of shit purported newspaper...from England.
dodge.... YOU chicken shit the truth will scare the piss out of you.

to the op American sniper is an anti war film, most all war films are.
pro war films like G.I JOE and pearl harbor made a ton of bucks too.

I saw American Sniper, and I didn't consider it an anti war film at all.

Was Gone With The Wind an anti-war movie?

One of the highest grossing of all time

why am I not surprised?

Did you see it? It wasn't an anti war film at all. Sure it showed the negative affects of war, but the movie didn't show an opinion that war is unjustified.

why am I not surprised?

Did you see it? It wasn't an anti war film at all. Sure it showed the negative affects of war, but the movie didn't show an opinion that war is unjustified.
justification is rationalization.
war is always bad but sometimes necessary.
mores the pity.

Forum List

Back