16 dead in Texas hot air balloon crash

How sad. :( Not a very pleasant way to go.
How sad. :( Not a very pleasant way to go.

Death is seldom pleasant or painless...peeps get that idea from movies.....the majority of deaths are not sudden....it is a slow lingering process of withering away with much suffering and pain...aka cancer, respiratory problems, kidney problems, dementia-- etc. etc. and so on and so forth.

Hospices do help...large families where they share the care and responsibilities for their dying relative helps ...anyway one perceives it though....never pleasant or painless.

Allen Scantland: Don’t ever believe that death is painless. That is a fairy tale

Last edited:
Stasha_Sz , how come you are using John Milius' famous B52 chicken footprint?
Two reasons, really.
1) I had the opportunity when I was very young to be standing under the glide path of a B-52 as it landed at Eglin AFB. The sheer size and power as it flew over left a lasting impression on me. (think of the star-destroyer at the beginning of the 1st Star Wars film) Later on, I got this avi from someone with a really dumb quotation underneath. I changed it to something way more appropriate.
2) The avi I really wanted to use would not load, so this was the default.

(as Homer would say: "DE FAULT! The two greatest words in English!")

Last edited:
On that note, too many live in fear as proved by the amount of fearful/fear-mongering posts on this forum plus those responding to news articles.

People don't fear being one of the 30,000+ dying on American roads every year**, but do fear becoming a victim of a terrorist attack or "gun violence" when the odds strongly against both for the vast majority of Americans.

**They feel they're safe drivers with nothing to fear and seem to ignore the fact a large portion of those deaths are caused by drunk drivers slamming into other cars.

not only drunk drivers but also inattentive drivers

texting snapchatting and more

i do a lot of driving out here in the Dakotas

not a day that goes by i see at least two cars with two wheels over the center line

with their faces buried in a phone texting

sometimes they dont even have a clue that i just past by them

I'm on the road many days 100 miles or more. I've seen just about anything a person can do to be distracted while driving. Reading the paper, texting, putting on makeup, combing/brushing hair, etc. Since many of those miles are on the interstates, people are doing those things at a high rate of speed. My concern isn't for those doing it. If they want to do something stupid and harm themselves, that's their choice. My concern is with the innocent people they tend to hit.

yes i had this gal driving along side of me some time ago with a phone to her ear

a coffee and checkbook in her left hand on the steering wheel

with the right hand trying to write a check

in heavy traffic

I've seen a the phone/drink combo but not a checkbook. Have seen people writing on notepads.

AgI got the point you were making. If someone wants to do something stupid and it gets them killed, I don't care.

The argument used by those supporting gun control is that "cars, unlike guns, were created to kill". I understand that but I've yet to have one of those control freaks tell me despite that being true how someone killed by a NUT misusing a car is less dead than someone killed by a NUT misusing a gun.
Agreed people have the inalienable right to lead their own lives even if it kills them. Oddly, this was a liberal attitude, not a conservative one in 1776.

In those days, the Federalists were the conservatives and the liberals were the anti-Federalists. Funny how times change, eh?

Those calling themselves "Liberal" in 1776 would today be called Libertarians.

AgI got the point you were making. If someone wants to do something stupid and it gets them killed, I don't care.

The argument used by those supporting gun control is that "cars, unlike guns, were created to kill". I understand that but I've yet to have one of those control freaks tell me despite that being true how someone killed by a NUT misusing a car is less dead than someone killed by a NUT misusing a gun.
Agreed people have the inalienable right to lead their own lives even if it kills them. Oddly, this was a liberal attitude, not a conservative one in 1776.

In those days, the Federalists were the conservatives and the liberals were the anti-Federalists. Funny how times change, eh?

The same is true well into the 1800's. Classic Liberals

Interesting. I recall the accident very well, but do not recall a word of anyone advocating any changes in flight regulations as a result of it.
The non-flying public, like the non-shooting public, was trying to impose limits on something they knew very little about. The main thrust was to make night flying a special qualification like high performance aircraft or taildraggers.

Agreed. The only thing Liberals in 1776 and Liberals in 2016 have in common is their title and the fact we're all in the United States. Modern-day liberals are authoritarians favoring domination of the population by an all-powerful government which controls the rights of the citizenry.

Agreed. The only thing Liberals in 1776 and Liberals in 2016 have in common is their title and the fact we're all in the United States. Modern-day liberals are authoritarians favoring domination of the population by an all-powerful government which controls the rights of the citizenry.

You'll still keep hearing today's Liberal claim the founders were Liberals in the same sense of the word.

@ 0740 hrs, according to the noted link. You are correct, having lived next to a balloon launch site, they always try to launch in the early AM. Still, even at that time, it was high 80°'s low 90°'s ambient air temperature. I say, wait for the NTSB report so we can all be sure.
True.

As for flying balloons, it's basic science. The size of the balloon, the payload and the Outside Air Temperature (OAT) are all part of the calculations to determine if it is safe and capable of flight. Barring human error in calculations, the most likely problem would be a failure of one or more burners.

That's what the tv news reported.
1) God bless'em, but when it comes to aviation, the "news" gets 50% of their shit wrong.

2) Impacting the power lines could easily be more of the result, not the cause of the crash. If someone fell off a 10 story building and hit a telephone line on the way down, it's not hitting the telephone line that caused their death. Hitting the telephone line was the consequence of something else.

You're such a dumbfuck. <smh> Even looking at the power lines burning, you're still too stupid to know that the balloon hit them.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hot air balloon catches fire, crashes in Texas; 16 feared dead

Texas state police confirmed that 16 people died on Saturday in the crash of a hot-air balloon, which eyewitnesses said struck power transmission lines and burst into flames before plunging into a pasture.​
Thanks for proving, once again, the limits of your emotional range and intellectual acumen.

No, it's not obvious they hit the power lines just because there are power lines in the picture. Even if they did hit the power lines, it doesn't mean that was the cause of the crash. It could have been the burner or envelope failed and they simply hit the power lines on the way down.

I'll bet these dozen or so dumbazzes is now in line at the Pearly Gates and wishing they had done one of the other top 10 instead.

:D
As could be said for nearly everyone killed driving last year, falling off a ladder or any other accident.
Well I think driving a car is a risk that is unavoidable in most cases.

In addition to which if you don't have a car then you are in the bus/train risk category.

So with transportation being a necessary evil some risk in that respect is unavoidable.

Riding in a hot air balloon is completely avoidable.

And completely unnecessary.

Well I think driving a car is a risk that is unavoidable in most cases.

In addition to which if you don't have a car then you are in the bus/train risk category.

So with transportation being a necessary evil some risk in that respect is unavoidable.

Riding in a hot air balloon is completely avoidable.

And completely unnecessary.
Agreed driving a car is often an unavoidable risk, but most fatal accidents involve avoidable factors such as failure to wear seatbelts, speeding, driving drunk, texting or other distractions, etc.

All fun is "unnecessary". Skiing, boating, fishing, football, jogging, etc.

I think hot air balloon accidents are relatively rare. Even though I hate heights, I would still like to go on a hot air balloon ride someday. It looks cool, as long as it doesn't crash and burn.

I think hot air balloon accidents are relatively rare. Even though I hate heights, I would still like to go on a hot air balloon ride someday. It looks cool, as long as it doesn't crash and burn.
It's still on my bucket list as is skydiving

I know a few pilots who are, oddly enough, acrophobic. As long as they have a fuselage around them, they're fine but stick them in a rail-type ultralight (see below) or Chicago's "the Ledge" and they'd freak.

NG30_271.jpg

Skydeck Chicago
home-ledge.jpg

Yesterday at 10:12 PM
Tim Kaine: 10 pack balloons PROVE no limits for Illuminati jokes at end of show
See #2 in list below.

Illuminati jokes starring Tim Kaine alias Howard Ronald Stuart-Houston alias Stewart Hitler:
July 29, 2016
1, With the joke word in headlines
America, Tim Kaine loves your dad jokes

2. 10 pack balloon:s mocking the BIG BANG that starts with the staged arrest of the Obama Bi-nla-den presidency
10 reasons we believe Tim Kaine had never seen or heard of balloons before last night

Now you know why the daily major fake blood headlines for Jul 30 are not terror attacks but rather the
Climax of the series of fake balloon crashes:
1, Fiery crash of hot-air balloon kills 16 in central Texas
More headlines:
2. Cruz offers condolences in Texas balloon crash
3. A look at the deadliest hot air balloon accidents
4. FAA was warned of risk for high-fatality balloon crashes

Notes
1. America, Tim Kaine loves your dad jokes
2. 10 reasons we believe Tim Kaine had never seen or heard of balloons before last night

BASICS
Tim Kaine's real name same as Hillary Clinton's real maiden name: HITLER.
The Hitler-Hitler ticket to terminate the USA
End of The USA - Horrible Facts revealed first by Prophet: Tim Kaine's real name same as Hillary Clinton's real maiden name: HITLER.

BIG BANG, the ultimate reversal of illuminati scripts:
What follows Obama Bin Laden's resurrection, crucified to a Boeing 777
Big Bang is NOW - from annihilation of pensions and savings to race war: BIG BANG 2016 for dummies

Powerball: Kaine 10 pack balloons ,Texas crash hoax
PROOF that there are no limits for Illuminati jokes at the end of the show.
Powerball soars to hundreds of millions is also a psy-op setting the stage for hyperinflation:
Explained Jan 2016, days before " jackpot soars to 1,5 billion" or twice the previous record, by the same Last Prophet who first exposed 2004 the trick to rig ALL state lotteries.
Half a year later:
Jul 30 2016 - another half-a million powerball jackpot, graphically enhanced with the climax of the fake hot air balloon crashes.

Hot air fake blood near Austin, Texas and the link to Tim Kaine's 10 pack ballons exposed BEFORE ...
Austin would host the main daily fake blood for the next day, served as another episode of the fake shooting series.
What Last Prophet exposed immediately after the record BALLOON BANG:
(see quoted post)

BASICS
Illuminati jokes: REPEAT Powerball soars, largest U.S. lottery jackpot ever UNTIL 1 BILLION .. and beyond.
More than just mockery of simulated reality to terminate the show, alias the world as the human cattle knows it: it's also a ...
Psy-op preparing for "hyperinflation"
The BIG BANG, launched with the staged arrest of the Obama Bi(nla)den's presidency.
Another ongoing "numbers" psy-op, this time using the deflating not inflating tactic, "oil price below production costs", will be terminated immediately after the BIG BANG: gas prices will be multiplied by 5 within ONE day, to start with.
Last Prophet's words from Jan 6, 2016, one day before the specified LOOP started.
In other words: days before the jackpot soared to 1,5 billion or twice the previous record.
Simulated reality terminated NOW: Powerball billion jackpot hyperinflation LOOP psy-op mockery

All in Blog
Big Bang is NOW - from annihilation of pensions and savings to race war: Powerball Kaine 10 pack balloons Texas crash hoax: PROOF: no limits for Illuminati jokes at end of show

It's still on my bucket list as is skydiving

I know a few pilots who are, oddly enough, acrophobic. As long as they have a fuselage around them, they're fine but stick them in a rail-type ultralight (see below) or Chicago's "the Ledge" and they'd freak.

NG30_271.jpg

Skydeck Chicago
home-ledge.jpg

Won't catch me jumping out of a plane unless it's on fire or something! :eek-52:

Forum List

Back