15 State Treasurers Warn They Will Pull Assets From Banks That Obstruct the Fossil Fuel Industry

Haha first your link says nothing about taxes, second it clearly states he doesn’t run them! Haha.

Why did you lie?

I said he was being sued. He is. Over and over and over and over again for what he owes and refuses to pay.

It's easy to be a deadbeat millionaire.

I said he was being sued. He is. Over and over and over and over again for what he owes and refuses to pay.

It's easy to be a deadbeat millionaire.
You said he was being sued for taxes…your link shows 1) he isn’t being sued 2) and it’s not over taxes

You continue to lie even after your own link debunked your lies

Why do you continue to lie?

You said he was being sued for taxes…your link shows 1) he isn’t being sued 2) and it’s not over taxes

You continue to lie even after your own link debunked your lies

Why do you continue to lie?

I noted he is being and has been sued over everything. Taxes, fines, not paying what he owes. It's nearly endless.

If you insist on defending the deadbeat I suppose you will.
I’m not defending him at all…I’m simply calling you a liar because you lied

If he were a dead beat you wouldn’t have to lie about him being a dead beat

I’m not defending him at all…I’m simply calling you a liar because you lied

If he were a dead beat you wouldn’t have to lie about him being a dead beat

If he wasn't a deadbeat he wouldn't constantly get sued.

If he wasn't a deadbeat he wouldn't constantly get sued.
You haven’t provided us with one link showing he’s being sued

In fact the only link you provided debunked your claim

So until you show us otherwise, you are a liar, a dead beat liar

This is what we need, fighting Republicans and not the cowering Romney-McCarthy-McConnell-Bush types.

Fifteen Republican State Treasurers sent a warning that they will pull assets from financial institutions if they give in to Federal pressure to de-carbonize and “refuse to lend to or invest in” the fossil fuel and coal industry.
The letter (pdf), led by West Virginia Treasurer Riley Moore, is directed at Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry. It expresses concerns over reports that Kerry and other members of the Biden administration have been “privately pressuring” U.S. banks to stifle the fossil fuel industry.
“We are writing today to express our deep concern with recent reports that you, and other members of the Biden Administration, are privately pressuring U.S. banks and financial institutions to refuse to lend to or invest in coal, oil, and natural gas companies, as part of a misguided strategy to eliminate the fossil fuel industry in our country,” the letter reads.
The State Treasurers sent a plain message to financial institutions, telling them not to submit to the present administration’s coercion to deny investment and lending for the natural resources.
Furthermore, they assert that the approaches will “discriminate against law-abiding U.S. energy companies and their employees, impede economic growth, and drive up consumer costs,” adding that the strategy in question would make the free market submit to the will of politicians.
The signees of the letter are representing collectively more than $600 billion in assets, according to Axios.

Let me get this straight. Let’s say I run a bank. And a fellow comes to me asking to borrow money to drill a well for oil. I think the plan is risky and refuse to issue the loan. The State Treasurer will pull the deposits from the bank.

So my choice is to risk losing money on a scheme, or risk losing my depositors.

That makes sense. Talk about putting politics in charge of economics for a perfect political model.

Let me get this straight. Let’s say I run a bank. And a fellow comes to me asking to borrow money to drill a well for oil. I think the plan is risky and refuse to issue the loan. The State Treasurer will pull the deposits from the bank.

That makes sense. Talk about putting politics in charge of economics for a perfect political model.
No, not at all...a bank can refuse to give a loan, and should, based on what they view as risky....the issue is when Govt mandates they CAN"T ever give the loan...that's the push back here.

Get out of the business if you don't like the regulations.

Get out of the business if you don't like the regulations.

Correct me if I’m wrong. But the Liberal idea of home loans for all helped lead to the housing bubble that wiped out the savings of millions.

So Government telling banks what risks they must take has pretty much never worked. But now it will because they’re told to bet on oil and coal or else.

Somehow Oil Companies with huge profit margins in the billions can’t survive unless they get loans from banks to drill or dig. That doesn’t sound odd to you?

We still need oil. I think a lot of lefties don't understand the magnitude of our dependence or how far we still are from being able to stop using it. I agree that green energy is the future. Oil is still the present though, and we have a long way to go before that changes.

Then let the oil companies pay for the land they drill on, abide by EPA pollution standards, be held accountable for damages they cause, pay taxes on all quarterly profits, and subsidize teir own operations, not a dime of tax payers money.

I mean since were talking about all things fair and everything

Correct me if I’m wrong. But the Liberal idea of home loans for all helped lead to the housing bubble that wiped out the savings of millions.

So Government telling banks what risks they must take has pretty much never worked. But now it will because they’re told to bet on oil and coal or else.

Somehow Oil Companies with huge profit margins in the billions can’t survive unless they get loans from banks to drill or dig. That doesn’t sound odd to you?
Banks don't run the economy.

GOVERNMENT runs the economy. It says so right in the Constitution.

Forum List

Back