15 bills the House passed, but Reid refuses to schedule for votes

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

Standard lefty bullshit. Yeah, we all know us Republicans and conservatives don't have to breathe the same air you shitheads do, or drink the same water or eat the same pesticide infected foods, yada, yada, yada.

Nah, you just think that business will "do the right thing". That's the difference.

Actually he realizes that businesses that don't "do the right thing" in a real capitialist economy will lose their consumers and go out of business.....of coarse in our current economy if they do the wrong thing and lose business the govt will cut them a taxpayer check.....that is if they are friendly with the administration like Solindra.

Did you miss the 15 bills in the first post? did you miss the senate dems voting with senate republicans causing Obama's jobs bill to fail?

Just saying that your post doesn't sound like you did ;)

Nobody cares about their dereg silliness. The president is out there letting Americans know what republicans in the House are doing so we'll see what happens.

I have faith America will get it and act accordingly.

America IS getting it. The President's numbers have flipped accordingly.

Quinnipiac Poll: Obama Shows Marked Improvement | Election 2012

RCP average (including Quinnipiac), is at -5.4 for approval.

Nobody cares about their dereg silliness. The president is out there letting Americans know what republicans in the House are doing so we'll see what happens.

I have faith America will get it and act accordingly.

America IS getting it. The President's numbers have flipped accordingly.

Quinnipiac Poll: Obama Shows Marked Improvement | Election 2012

RCP average (including Quinnipiac), is at -5.4 for approval.

To be fair to MS. sensitive over there that is better than 30 days ago...its by no means good though.....to say that is good would be like saying 9% unemployment is good ;)

They are a joke because they try to pass off rampant environmental deregulation as a jobs bill. All they do is compile the GOP wish list and label them as job creators

Shows that the GOP is not serious about creating jobs

specify. Details, not just talking points. Pick one... research it, and explain in detail the rampant environmental deregulation and how bad the negative effects will be.

Since you read them perhaps you can give us details on how they will be creating jobs. Specifically.

you did not read the bills.

Most havent.

Most simply belive what the President says.

I thought the left learned their lesson with Bush. I guess not.
I have read the bills! And the OP has the bills right in it.

you read the actual text of the bills? All 15? Please, elaborate on what specific text in any single bill you find objectionable.

The OP lists the bills, and gives a short blurb. The person who wrote the OP actually researched and read the text of the bills.

If you want to get your bills passed you need to allow some of the other sides bills to pass. When you block all your oppositions legislation, why are republicans surprised when their legislation is blocked?

Are Republicans that dumb or are they just passing legislation to appease their voting block?

They are a joke because they try to pass off rampant environmental deregulation as a jobs bill. All they do is compile the GOP wish list and label them as job creators

Shows that the GOP is not serious about creating jobs

specify. Details, not just talking points. Pick one... research it, and explain in detail the rampant environmental deregulation and how bad the negative effects will be.

Since you read them perhaps you can give us details on how they will be creating jobs. Specifically.

Pick one and I will tell you what I think. I know im not the person you are asking but im bored :tongue:

you read the actual text of the bills? All 15? Please, elaborate on what specific text in any single bill you find objectionable.

The OP lists the bills, and gives a short blurb. The person who wrote the OP actually researched and read the text of the bills.

If you want to get your bills passed you need to allow some of the other sides bills to pass. When you block all your oppositions legislation, why are republicans surprised when their legislation is blocked?

Are Republicans that dumb or are they just passing legislation to appease their voting block?

Well that does work both ways.......neither side is giving in to get anything passed.

This whole thing is just more political theater, and it's funny as hell to watch you guys (both left and right) eat it up.

Republicans and Democrats know that these bills aren't going anywhere, but that was never the point of these bills. Republicans didn't submit these bills with the intention of actually passing them. The point of these bills is to draw lines in the sand and inflame passions before the election season kicks off.

Politicians are playing you guys like puppets, but you probably don't even care do you?

Pick one and I will tell you what I think. I know im not the person you are asking but im bored :tongue:

Sure. Any of the first 4 listed would be fine.

Well that does work both ways.......neither side is giving in to get anything passed.

Absolutely.

That is why Congress has a 9% approval

Getting legislation passed is not hard. Congress has done it for 200 years. It is only this Congress that is more concerned with petty party agendas than helping millions of unemployed

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

The House isn't getting anything until they get the jobs bill passed. They don't feel the need to work for America, nobody cares about any of their other idiotic agenda.

you do realize that harry reid himself put the jobs bill on the back burner becasue he didn't even have all the votes from amongst his own caucus...right?

food for thought. and, you do realize that the epa has confessed that they have NOT done the proper pre-vetting ala jobs losses vs. cost vs. code enhancements gain that the are required to do, right?

The Democrats' Blue-Collar Blues

Why is the president considering tanking thousands of union jobs in a 9% unemployment economy?

snip-

The EPA has labored over an ozone rule (estimated job losses: 7.3 million), power plant rules (1.4 million), a boiler rule (789,000), a coal-ash rule (316,00), a cement rule (23,000), and greenhouse gas rules (even Joe Biden can't count that high). The administration blew up Louisiana's offshore deepwater drilling industry, insisted Detroit make cars nobody wants to buy and, just to stay consistent, is moving to clamp down on the country's one booming industry: natural gas.

snip-

A Pew poll this year found an astonishing 43% of the white working class didn't believe they'd be better off in 10 years—the most negative views of any group polled, by far. It helps explain why, in the 2010 election, the white working class surged to give the GOP a record 63% of their vote, 30 points more than for Democrats. It's why a poll out of the Center for Opinion Research at Franklin & Marshall College in Pennsylvania just found that 59% of union households now say they want someone in the White House other than Barack Obama.

Despite the media obsession with America's changing demographics, blue-collar, white workers still make up 40% of the electorate, even more in states Mr. Obama needs. The latest 2012 census data suggest that white working-class voters could make up some 55% of the Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan votes.

more at-

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203804204577016284178559556.html

you completed avoided my comments. why is that? Your talking points don't give you enough to go on?

Did you read the actual text of all 15 bills, in their entirety? Yes, or no?
Can you elaborate on the specifics in even 1 bill which you find objectionable? Yes, or no?

Last edited:
15 Real Jobs Bills Stalled in the Senate | FreedomWorks
H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act

The bill would amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) to clarify that the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a state may not require a permit under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act for the application of pesticides regulated under FIFRA. The Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act would ensure that pesticide users are not faced with unnecessary regulations that harm job growth.

HR 872 had 137 co sponsors, of which 30 were Democrats, including Barney Frank.
The vote was 292 Ayes, 130 Nays, 10 Present/Not Voting. (61 Democrats in favor).

By not requiring a permit in certain circumstances...
Read The Bill: H.R. 872 - GovTrack.us
...may not require a permit under such Act for a discharge from a point source into navigable waters of a pesticide authorized for sale, distribution, or use under this Act, or the residue of such a pesticide, resulting from the application of such pesticide
...costs can be reduced for businesses, reducing overhead, and freeing capital for job creation.

The bill would amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) to clarify that the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a state may not require a permit under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act for the application of pesticides regulated under FIFRA. The Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act would ensure that pesticide users are not faced with unnecessary regulations that harm job growth.

HR 872 had 137 co sponsors, of which 30 were Democrats, including Barney Frank.
The vote was 292 Ayes, 130 Nays, 10 Present/Not Voting. (61 Democrats in favor).

By not requiring a permit in certain circumstances...
Read The Bill: H.R. 872 - GovTrack.us
...may not require a permit under such Act for a discharge from a point source into navigable waters of a pesticide authorized for sale, distribution, or use under this Act, or the residue of such a pesticide, resulting from the application of such pesticide
...costs can be reduced for businesses, reducing overhead, and freeing capital for job creation.

its not often you get to face about half dozen people with one post, good job;)

Here are the 15 bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk because he can't bring himself to schedule them for a vote in the Senate. God forbid they should pass... that would put Obama in the untenable position of either signing REPUBLICAN legislation (can't have that, now can we?) or vetoing REPUBLICAN measures that could help to improve the jobs picture in this country. Either way, Obama would lose. The fact that these measures would help this country, well, who really gives a fuck, right?

H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act

The bill would strip the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of its ability to use the Clean Air Act to regulate greenhouse gases. Without this legislation, the agency will continue with its plan to implement burdensome new rules and regulations on American businesses that will have a significant negative impact on America’s economy while having virtually no positive impact on global temperatures.

H.R. 2021, the Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011

The bill would eliminate needless permitting delays that have stalled important energy production opportunities off the coast of Alaska. Rather than having exploration air permits repeatedly approved and rescinded by the agency and its review board, the EPA will be required to take final action – granting or denying a permit – within six months. The Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011 would speed up the permit process to help create jobs.

H.R. 1938, North American-Made Energy Security Act

The bill would require the President to issue a final order granting or denying the Presidential Permit for Keystone XL 30 days after the issuance of the final environmental impact statement, but in no event later than November 1, 2011. A Canadian pipeline company, TransCanada, has long sought to increase the capacity of its Keystone pipeline system in order to bring more Canadian crude oil to American refineries. The North American-Made Energy Security Act would boost jobs and lower the price of gasoline for all Americans.

If this isn't proof positive that we need process reform in the government; nothing ever will be. The GOP does the same sort of political game when it is in power too.

Having a 200 year old business model is crazy.

You mean the way that Republicans allow bills to proceed to a vote without requiring 60 filibuster proof votes?

Democrats are playing the legislative game the same way Republicans are. If Republicans can't get a bill out of committee that is their problem. Maybe if they start doing some " If you let my bill go for a vote, I will let your bill"

No wonder Congress is so fucked up

Those bills are a joke by the way

As you see it...sure.

And I see Obamas job bill as a joke.

See how a difference in ideology works?

Which part is a joke?

The part of it that was in the first stimulus about keeping teachers, firefighters and police working that did not happen. This stimulus just as the last is nothing more than vote buying from the unions and more payback to the donors of the 08 Obama campaign.

you completed avoided my comments. why is that? Your talking points don't give you enough to go on?

Can you elaborate on the specifics in even 1 bill which you find objectionable? Yes, or no?

I have addressed your OP

The Republicans bills are laughable pieces of legislation which wrap up the GOP wish list of legislation as Jobs bills. Typical deceptive republican labeling. No, I have not read each bill and don't intend to. It is obvious from reading the synopsis what the true purpose of these bills are

These bills may very well have some components that have merit. If the Republicans were willing to accept part of Obamas jobs bill, they might even get some of their deregulation wish list passed

My main objection is that the bills are too sweeping. Throwing out all government oversight to clear some questionable regulations. I would prefer a panel of Government, Industry and environmental groups looking at individual regulations and throwing out the ones that no longer make sense

I do not approve of raping the environment to obtain some short term economic gain

I have addressed your OP

The Republicans bills are laughable pieces of legislation which wrap up the GOP wish list of legislation as Jobs bills. Typical deceptive republican labeling. No, I have not read each bill and don't intend to. It is obvious from reading the synopsis what the true purpose of these bills are

These bills may very well have some components that have merit. If the Republicans were willing to accept part of Obamas jobs bill, they might even get some of their deregulation wish list passed

My main objection is that the bills are too sweeping. Throwing out all government oversight to clear some questionable regulations. I would prefer a panel of Government, Industry and environmental groups looking at individual regulations and throwing out the ones that no longer make sense

I do not approve of raping the environment to obtain some short term economic gain

I've twice now asked you for specifics, even from just a single bill. You've twice done nothing but spout Democratic talking points.

Have you read the text of even 1 bill? No, you admit you have not. Can you give specifics as to why it is objectionable? No, you cannot.

Just saying over and over 'too sweeping' isn't good enough. All you're doing is proving you've done no research on your own, have not read any of the bills, and prefer instead to use group think and regurgitate democratic talking points.

Forum List

Back