15 bills the House passed, but Reid refuses to schedule for votes

Did you miss the 15 bills in the first post? did you miss the senate dems voting with senate republicans causing Obama's jobs bill to fail?

Just saying that your post doesn't sound like you did ;)

Nobody cares about their dereg silliness. The president is out there letting Americans know what republicans in the House are doing so we'll see what happens.

I have faith America will get it and act accordingly.

So he is telling them that the republicans keep proposing bills they feel will help the economy?

I didn't see that speech...i heard his dishonest characterizations of the republicans though, the same ones I see you parroting.

You know Pilgrim, I just got through looking at Paul Ryan's plan for Social Security and Medicare and from what I gather that is the model that current house Republicans are on board with. My take on it, while raising the age and allowing for means testing on incomes, is a good thing, am a bit of a skeptic on this voucher thing on Medicare as well as the Govt. investing one's savings in the Stock Market. That said it's an honest attempt to say that these two programs can be made better, and if in my humble opinion congress were to take the partisan hat off for a moment and consider everyone's ideas on these things, we all might benefit from it. The same can be said for DOD, and spending in general. If the purpose is make our nation stonger, then I say lets consider it all. I also believe that just cutting spending is limiting yourself to a single solution and does not address the debt itself, in that one can cut spending all they want to, however, the debt remains, as does the interest on it, especially if you wish to cut taxes and lower revenue that those savings would otherwise go to pay down that debt. So again, it seems to me that congress and the American people would be much better served if those that represented us, just started doing that, Republican, Democrat, you name it.

Nobody cares about their dereg silliness. The president is out there letting Americans know what republicans in the House are doing so we'll see what happens.

I have faith America will get it and act accordingly.

America IS getting it. The President's numbers have flipped accordingly.

Quinnipiac Poll: Obama Shows Marked Improvement | Election 2012

Really, VDBOOP??

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

yes his approval is up a bit now from 3 months ago but where is it compared to is average over the last 2 years?

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

If his dissaproval drops below 35% or his approval goes over 60% then I'll agree that his approval/dissaproval numbers are doing good

You really think that the way to restore functionality to our democracy is to have the President declare dictatorial rule? :cuckoo:

Don't think of him as a dictator, think of him as our parent, the one who knows what's best for us. Already he's shown that congress is just an anachronism that gets in the way of his wise rule. When congress didn't do away with tuition debts, our dear leader did it anyway, declared law by his own power and magnificence.

President for life Obama can better decide what's best than a congress can.

you did not read the bills.

Most havent.

Most simply belive what the President says.

I thought the left learned their lesson with Bush. I guess not.
I have read the bills! And the OP has the bills right in it.

then I apologize...so please tell me where you see the removal of pemalties for RUINING the air and water?
Violating regulations carry a penalty.

Should I write it out for you in crayon?

You really think that the way to restore functionality to our democracy is to have the President declare dictatorial rule? :cuckoo:

Don't think of him as a dictator, think of him as our parent, the one who knows what's best for us. Already he's shown that congress is just an anachronism that gets in the way of his wise rule. When congress didn't do away with tuition debts, our dear leader did it anyway, declared law by his own power and magnificence.

Another fucking wingnut idiot joins USMB.

Oh, [expletive-deleted] I can't take it anymore. Stupid is supposed to hurt YOU, not the rest of the board.

/ignore

Your take. So I repeat, since the Dems control the Senate, all the committees, why not do as our Governmental form requires and submit those LEGALLY submitted bills to committee? Is Reid afraid they will pass committee? Is he afraid if they get past committee they will somehow survive a floor vote?

You are admitting as Sarah G just did that it is perfectly ok for the democrats to refuse to do their job unless the Republicans in the House only do what the dems want.

You mean the way that Republicans allow bills to proceed to a vote without requiring 60 filibuster proof votes?

Democrats are playing the legislative game the same way Republicans are. If Republicans can't get a bill out of committee that is their problem. Maybe if they start doing some " If you let my bill go for a vote, I will let your bill"

No wonder Congress is so fucked up

Those bills are a joke by the way

Amazing. You support Reid preventing bills from even going to committee simply because of politics while decrying Republicans using the EXACT tactics the dems used when Bush was President. Go figure.

It's only bad when the other guy does it... you know that.

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

Standard lefty bullshit. Yeah, we all know us Republicans and conservatives don't have to breathe the same air you shitheads do, or drink the same water or eat the same pesticide infected foods, yada, yada, yada.

The House Bills are a joke. Definitely. How is the AJA a joke? What portion of it makes it Bad, Wrong and therefore, it shouldn't be passed?

And, you've read the text of all 15 bills, understood it, researched the proposals, right?

What portion of them makes it Bad, Wrong and therefore, they shouldn't be passed? Please... be specific.

They are a joke because they try to pass off rampant environmental deregulation as a jobs bill. All they do is compile the GOP wish list and label them as job creators

Shows that the GOP is not serious about creating jobs

specify. Details, not just talking points. Pick one... research it, and explain in detail the rampant environmental deregulation and how bad the negative effects will be.

LOL, holy shit, I got through the 4th one and these are laughable at best, and that's being kind. I love how these are "jobs" bills because they do away with regulations which "we all know will only lead to job creation".

Bwahahahahahahaah! You have to be a partisan asshole to truly believe that destroying our air, polluting the water, spraying pesticides and allowing big corporations to restrict internet access to the highest bidder will somehow create jobs. LOL. Give me a break.

Standard lefty bullshit. Yeah, we all know us Republicans and conservatives don't have to breathe the same air you shitheads do, or drink the same water or eat the same pesticide infected foods, yada, yada, yada.

Nah, you just think that business will "do the right thing". That's the difference.

The House isn't getting anything until they get the jobs bill passed. They don't feel the need to work for America, nobody cares about any of their other idiotic agenda.

Nice try, but no cigar. Harry Reid killed Obama's jobs bill.....you know, the one that keeps getting blamed on the Republicans for not passing.

Senate Votes to Reject Jobs Bill - ABC News

The jobs bill has been officially defeated by a vote of 50-49, rejecting President Obama’s $447 billion jobs bill.

Majority Leader Reid, D-Nev., changed his vote from yes to no......

Yes he did so he can revisit it again at some point. How is does that translate into Repubs trying to move forward on jobs? Their own party obstructs every bill using filibuster to tie every move to govern in knots.

Just who do you think you are kidding with this nonsense?

If you want someone to take your gripes seriously, it would be helpful to give specifics. Your sweeping generalizations are stale.

Sweeping generalizations like the ones most libtards are making in here about all 15 bills listed in the OP, without even having read the actual text of the bills?

Those kind of sweeping generalizations???

The House isn't getting anything until they get the jobs bill passed. They don't feel the need to work for America, nobody cares about any of their other idiotic agenda.

You literally just laid out what it would mean to hold the country hostage until the Dems in the Senate and Obama got their way…

Clarifying that "In God we trust" is our national motto was groundbreaking legislation by the House

which took no debate time, and took only 20 minutes to vote on, and which ALL but 9 Democrats supported.

You really think those 20 minutes cost people jobs that would have been created in other legislation?

You literally just laid out what it would mean to hold the country hostage until the Dems in the Senate and Obama got their way…

Clarifying that "In God we trust" is our national motto was groundbreaking legislation by the House

which took no debate time, and took only 20 minutes to vote on, and which ALL but 9 Democrats supported.

You really think those 20 minutes cost people jobs that would have been created in other legislation?

And it's not like they - unlike the Senate - hadn't already finished their other work, as evidenced by the FIFTEEN BILLS they sent the Senate.

And, you've read the text of all 15 bills, understood it, researched the proposals, right?

What portion of them makes it Bad, Wrong and therefore, they shouldn't be passed? Please... be specific.

They were passed by and supported by the repugs.

That makes them bad. Good Democrats oppose anything repugs are for.

They are designed to remove penalties for ruining the air and water.

Democrats are not going to let short-sighted, profit-first polluters do as they wish with our environment.

you did not read the bills.

Most havent.

Most simply belive what the President says.

I thought the left learned their lesson with Bush. I guess not.
I have read the bills! And the OP has the bills right in it.

you read the actual text of the bills? All 15? Please, elaborate on what specific text in any single bill you find objectionable.

The OP lists the bills, and gives a short blurb. The person who wrote the OP actually researched and read the text of the bills.

Forum List

Back