Zone1 14 Small Ways You Can Fight Racism Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people DO acknowledge the atrocities of black people, the biggest problem now is expecting people today to pay for the pain suffered by those before our lifetimes.
What people and who is expecting them to pay today?

And there is plenty of pain still being inflicted today that you all keep trying to pretend no longer exists.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong Lisa? This is why you're viewed as evil.

‘Are We Not American Soldiers?’ When the U.S. Military Treated German POWs Better Than Black Troops​

BY MATTHEW TAUB

JULY 28, 2020 9:30 AM EDT
For Corporal Rupert Trimmingham, it came as no surprise that he’d have to eat inside the lunchroom’s kitchen, invisible to the diners enjoying table service. This was 1944, and the Deep South. Trimmingham and eight other Black soldiers were en route from Louisiana’s Camp Claiborne to Arizona’s Fort Huachuca and, as he later wrote, he knew the only boss was “Old Man Jim Crow…”
But what Trimmingham and his companions saw as they looked out at the lunchroom from inside that kitchen defied even their weary expectations. About two dozen German prisoners of war who entered with their American guards “sat at the tables, had their meals served, talked, smoked, in fact had quite a swell time.” In an April 1944 letter to Yank, a weekly Army magazine, Trimmingham asked the obvious: “Are these men”— Nazi troops who’d been captured while fighting on Hitler’s behalf—“sworn enemies of this country? Are we not American soldiers, sworn to fight for and die if need be for this our country? Then why are they treated better than we are?”

Though this is perhaps the best-known incident of its kind—it inspired a fictionalized short story in the June 17, 1944 New Yorker—it was common during World War II for the U.S. Army to treat German Prisoners of War better than Black American soldiers. Segregation was official military policy until 1948, when President Truman signed an Executive Order banning the practice in the Armed Forces. Black American soldiers, including the 1 million who served during World War II, were often relegated to less desirable roles and excluded from promises of patriotic camaraderie. This particular brand of discrimination, however—the preferential treatment of imprisoned Nazi combatants—was especially offensive to many Black troops. It told them, loud and clear, that they were fighting for a country even as that country fought against them. For many white military personnel, there was no point in even pretending otherwise.
[continued here]
‘Are We Not American Soldiers?’ When the U.S. Military Treated German POWs Better Than Black Troops
Certainly you want revenge for all that nastiness. It's just that whites have now tired of all the whining and bellyaching. That's why black complaints and black complainants have slid into two piles. Those to be ignored and the enemy.

I give you "arbeit macht frei" and you come back with
I expressed my appreciation for your grandfather‘s efforts in WWII to free the Jews.

Now let’s hear your appreciation for the hundreds of thousands of white boys who GAVE THEIR LIVES to free the blacks.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong Lisa? This is why you're viewed as evil.

‘Are We Not American Soldiers?’ When the U.S. Military Treated German POWs Better Than Black Troops​

BY MATTHEW TAUB

JULY 28, 2020 9:30 AM EDT
For Corporal Rupert Trimmingham, it came as no surprise that he’d have to eat inside the lunchroom’s kitchen, invisible to the diners enjoying table service. This was 1944, and the Deep South. Trimmingham and eight other Black soldiers were en route from Louisiana’s Camp Claiborne to Arizona’s Fort Huachuca and, as he later wrote, he knew the only boss was “Old Man Jim Crow…”
But what Trimmingham and his companions saw as they looked out at the lunchroom from inside that kitchen defied even their weary expectations. About two dozen German prisoners of war who entered with their American guards “sat at the tables, had their meals served, talked, smoked, in fact had quite a swell time.” In an April 1944 letter to Yank, a weekly Army magazine, Trimmingham asked the obvious: “Are these men”— Nazi troops who’d been captured while fighting on Hitler’s behalf—“sworn enemies of this country? Are we not American soldiers, sworn to fight for and die if need be for this our country? Then why are they treated better than we are?”

Though this is perhaps the best-known incident of its kind—it inspired a fictionalized short story in the June 17, 1944 New Yorker—it was common during World War II for the U.S. Army to treat German Prisoners of War better than Black American soldiers. Segregation was official military policy until 1948, when President Truman signed an Executive Order banning the practice in the Armed Forces. Black American soldiers, including the 1 million who served during World War II, were often relegated to less desirable roles and excluded from promises of patriotic camaraderie. This particular brand of discrimination, however—the preferential treatment of imprisoned Nazi combatants—was especially offensive to many Black troops. It told them, loud and clear, that they were fighting for a country even as that country fought against them. For many white military personnel, there was no point in even pretending otherwise.
[continued here]
‘Are We Not American Soldiers?’ When the U.S. Military Treated German POWs Better Than Black Troops
I’m not viewed as evil. But YOU are viewed as a nasty you-know-what.

What about the pain Negroes cause with their crime and their welfare expense?
There’s actually more pain being inflicted on Jews! Look up the hate crime statistics: Jews are victimized at the rate of 2.6x the rate of blacks.

I myself have been victimized many times. I wonder how many times Newsvine has had the N-word scratched across her locker at school or scratched into the hood of her brand new car with letters a foot tall.

And of course what happened to the generation before me was worse. Didn’t stop any of us from succeeding.

Last edited:
Lefties are abusers. First thing an abuser does is remove the person they are abusing from their support group ( their family). Even if they have to lie and manipulate to do it.
That is why the leftie government schools are trying to “own” schoolchildren by driving a wedge between them and their parents.

Ask the resident black racist IM2, expecting reparations. He also believes things still exist today that don’t, like white preferences for loans, jobs, education. White people are denied the same things. I’m not saying racism is gone, you can’t change the mindset of individuals. People dislike others for all kinds of reasons.
Agree. All you can do is make sure that there isn’t any systemic racism anymore, which there isn’t. That isn’t saying some individuals won’t be racist, but it is exaggerated. Calling people racist for saying that blacks are doing worse than average, as a group, due to their high OOW birthrate, which leads to other associated ills like poverty and crime, is NOT racist. Insisting it is just weakens the meaning of the word, and the whole thing becomes a joke.

Same thing with antisemitism. There will always be Jew-haters.

6d61c51bc7b7ce86e74e933bcb69b220_768x0.jpg

Certainly you want revenge for all that nastiness. It's just that whites have now tired of all the whining and bellyaching. That's why black complaints and black complainants have slid into two piles. Those to be ignored and the enemy.
So now justice is only revenge or are you projecting?

There is still plenty of nastiness going on today, in 2023, in fact it never ended. Fortunately we are now better equipped to deal with the gaslighting that goes on 24/7 in an attempt to keep Black people in America in the state that white racists have always desired for us, underneath your boot.

On the other hand, you all sure do have to work hard to be the alleged superior race to keep the people you claim to be inferior in their place and to maintain your "perch". It shouldn't be all that hard at all if you actually indeed are superior.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Hector12

You noticed how I expressed appreciation for Newsvine’s grandfather’s efforts in freeing Jews during WWII, but she refuses to express appreciation for the hundreds of thousands of white boys who DIED freeing the slaves?

Or how about the Jewish boys who gave their lives to advance civil rights in the South? How about expressing appreciation for them?

Hector12

You noticed how I expressed appreciation for Newsvine’s grandfather’s efforts in freeing Jews during WWII, but she refuses to express appreciation for the hundreds of thousands of white boys who DIED freeing the slaves?

Or how about the Jewish boys who gave their lives to advance civil rights in the South? How about expressing appreciation for them?
On anti Jew websites the civil rights movement is often blamed on a Jewish conspiracy to destroy America.

Also, this is Zone 1. It is inappropriate to call people who disagree with you EVIL. Moderate your tone, or you’ll be reported.

In passing, let me say that I was absolutely shocked by the open racism against non-whites expressed on US forums when I first participated in them.

Time has not blunted the racist rhetoric, it's only made the dog whistles more audible to the human ear.

In passing, let me say that I was absolutely shocked by the open racism against non-whites expressed on US forums when I first participated in them.

Time has not blunted the racist rhetoric, it's only made the dog whistles more audible to the human ear.
We see it everywhere. It’s open season, aided and abetted by Democrats.

You know what Blacks can do to prevent racism?

1. Stop committing so many crimes.

2. Get off welfare.

3. Start taking care of their families.

4. Get off drugs.

5. Stop voting for Democrats that screw up the economy with failed Leftest policies.

You know what Blacks can do to prevent racism?

1. Stop committing so many crimes.

2. Get off welfare.

3. Start taking care of their families.

4. Get off drugs.

5. Stop voting for Democrats that screw up the economy with failed Leftest policies.
I agree with you about 1 to 4. Republican economic policy consists of tax cuts for the rich which since the Reagan administration have led to a debt crisis that Republicans are using in efforts to cut or eliminate popular domestic spending items.

When Negroes were subjected to de facto second class citizenship most Southern whites and white blue collar workers voted Democrat, the Democrat party dominated the United States, and the economy worked well.

I agree with you about 1 to 4. Republican economic policy consists of tax cuts for the rich which since the Reagan administration have led to a debt crisis that Republicans are using in efforts to cut or eliminate popular domestic spending items.

When Negroes were subjected to de facto second class citizenship most Southern whites and white blue collar workers voted Democrat, the Democrat party dominated the United States, and the economy worked well.
Stop voting for Democrats that screw up the economy doesn't automatically mean voting for RINOs that usually screw things up almost as much as the Democrats.

THREAD LOCKED
This is a ZONE 1 area. Some of you can expect warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back