13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do

It has been interesting to watch who applied the list to themselves and who applied it to others. I agree with those who acknowledge that any or all of us can at times fall short of the defnitions of 'mentally strong', but nobody seems to be disagreeing with the concepts in the list. Well, one or two, suggesed the concepts are 'too general' or 'too vague', but I don't see it that way and, based on all of ya'lls comments, I think most here don't either.

Of course, in all such things, it is far more useful to look at ourselves personally, which is healthy, rather than point at the other guy which is not so healthy. And the majority posting seem to be doing that.

As for politicizing the concepts, some did immediately do that and others have alluded to it. And I did leave open that option in the OP because this is, after all, mostly a political discussion board, and I think there are things we as groups, regardless of political party or ideology, can learn from the list as well as things individual can learn from the list.

What if, for instance, our elected leaders would take to heart #8? If we as a people would? Could accept that the way we keep trying to do it--the way it has always been done at least in recent history is not working and/or is causing more problems than it is helping. And were willing to stop doing it that way rather than stick to the assigned talking points and doggedly defending it? What if we as a society did that? How much better would we be as a people, as a society, as a nation?

the quotes are good--but for 'some' of us--a bit overwhelming? Perhaps not a topic for this thread--and I am not in the mood to start another one. Some are presented with challenges that require alternatives to develop mental strength.

~~~~

I haven't paid any attention to the political comments, fwiw.

always politics--'insane'--must be confronted--but not my reason for being.

carry on

Lets be clear shall we? of the 13 listed things the following all apply to Liberals or progressives...
1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12 and 13.

The only one that applies to conservatives is 3.

Conservatives don't feel sorry for themselves?

Have you missed the recent elections?

What all the state houses and governorships that went to the right? those??

A sitting pres,getts reelected and it was some big blow for conservatives?? hardly

Forum List

Back