11 Foot Gator Drags Man Into Pond & Kills Him in South Carolina

1656268159169.png

You really think that would dissuade an 11-foot alligator?

Depending on the circumstances, yes I do.

I saw a video long ago that I will never forget, based somewhere in Africa I believe. There was a heavy drought and all animals were sticking around a dry basin, tired, weak, many already dying, hoping and praying for rain, only a very shallow amount of water which was infested by crocs, they were picking up prey daily when they got desperate and went to the water.

There was a baby monkey who wandered off from his mother towards the water and out of nowhere a croc jumped out and caught it's head in a clamp. It appeared he was a goner, but without hesitation this little monkey punched hard and repeatedly at the crocs eyeball with a right hook as his head was stuck in the crocs jaw. After about 5 or 6 rapid shots, it let go and the monkey ran off to his mother, who in her fatigued state still found the energy to promptly smack her son a couple of times for being so stupid.

That will always stick with me in the horrible instance I am a potential victim. "Go for the beasts eyes, hard and without delay". You may lose a limb, but don't lose your focus, it may be your only hope.

If one is coming towards me and I have a golf club, this will be my focus, even if it's no guarantee.

Last edited:
p....

If one is coming towards me and I have a golf club, this will be my focus, even if it's no guarantee.
If one is coming towards you the smart move would to quickly go away from it. If you don't see it coming, good luck with your putter defense. Maybe the gator will poop out the putter a few hours later along with your watch and keys.

Seeing as they are rather low to the ground, why not just run it over?
Could weigh as much a 1300 lbs and probably do a number on your vehicle and maybe you too.
1656269115359.png

If one is coming towards you the smart move would to quickly go away from it. If you don't see it coming, good luck with your putter defense. Maybe the gator will poop out the putter a few hours later along with your watch and keys.
I believe gators are pretty quick over short distances. I wouldn't want to try to outrun one. That would certainly trigger the pursue prey reflex.

I believe gators are pretty quick over short distances. I wouldn't want to try to outrun one. That would certainly trigger the pursue prey reflex.
Might not be great odds, but better than going at it with a 9 iron.

To perspire among mutants until a hurricane drives a gator through your torso. What's not to love? When a state's greatest claim to fame is a giant rodent, it's time to start digging the canal.
It's a nice place to visit as long as the place you're visiting is indoors and air conditioned.

Forum List

Back