11 Foot Gator Drags Man Into Pond & Kills Him in South Carolina

Well, they claim they have had a problem with gators hanging around.
So I don't understand why the property owners didn't shut it down and have the gators removed?
Or at the very least, have a gator handler on hand at all times to keep this from happening.
1656274854108.png

That's insane. I can't even imagine what was going through his mind and he probably had his back turned or else a few golf swings to the eyes of the alligator might have made a difference.

He wasn't playing golf. He was hooking up a pump to use pond water to irrigate with. That is what I was told at least. The third (or fourth) hand version I heard from someone who just came back from the beach who met the spouse of one of the first responders on that call is slightly different than the reporting. Their version was his dog went apeshit and alerted the neighbors who went down and found a leg with a tennis shoe and nothing else. The first responders couldn't get the thing trapped to go in the water to recover the remains so their "humane euthanization" as it was reported was to shoot the thing as it swam around the pond. When they pulled the gator out, the rest of the man was head first in its mouth. He apparently had been leaning over the water hooking up the pump and the gator suddenly lunged out of the water and pulled him in head first (sans the leg that got left behind) and took him under and drowned him and as he was bleeding out.

Last edited:
He wasn't playing golf. He was hooking up a pump to use pond water to irrigate with. That is what I was told at least. The third (or fourth) hand version I heard from someone who just came back from the beach who met the spouse of one of the first responders on that call is slightly different than the reporting. Their version was his dog went apeshit and alerted the neighbors who went down and found a leg with a tennis shoe and nothing else. The first responders couldn't get the thing trapped to go in the water to recover the remains so their "humane euthanization" as it was reported was to shoot the thing as it swam around the pond. When they pulled the gator out, the rest of the man was head first in its mouth. He apparently had been leaning over the water hooking up the pump and the gator suddenly lunged out of the water and pulled him in head first (sans the leg that got left behind) and took him under and drowned him and as he was bleeding out.
Not a nice way to go.

Forum List

Back