$10K in student loans forgiven by Biden; Fine but its NOT ENOUGH

Peach45

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2020
Im not gonna try to act ungrateful or anything. $10,000 isnt chump change. But it is FAR from enough. If he’s planning a series of $10K forgiveness events, say another 5-6 over the next 2 years, fine, thats real progress.

Now that we see Biden CAN and WILL forgive loans, we must keep up the pressure until its all forgiven. America needs an educated workforce. We make all workplaces smarter, more effective and just to put it bluntly, we add more modern era social views to the building that otherwise may get overlooked.

Thank you President Biden for this “down payment”. Now its time to talk bigger, much bigger.

Im not gonna try to act ungrateful or anything. $10,000 isnt chump change. But it is FAR from enough. If he’s planning a series of $10K forgiveness events, say another 5-6 over the next 2 years, fine, thats real progress.

Now that we see Biden CAN and WILL forgive loans, we must keep up the pressure until its all forgiven. America needs an educated workforce. We make all workplaces smarter, more effective and just to put it bluntly, we add more modern era social views to the building that otherwise may get overlooked.

Thank you President Biden for this “down payment”. Now its time to talk bigger, much bigger.
Any more "forgiveness" needs to come from the colleges and universities who gouged you chumps, NOT the taxpayer. I paid for my college and my kid's college I don't think I should pay for yours too.

Why do you deserve a penny of student loan forgiveness?

Are you special?

Why do you deserve a penny of student loan forgiveness?

Are you special?
No im not special, but that’s the point: there are so many millions of us unfairly paying these debts. Its time they are deleted.

How about people who have mortgages, car notes, tax bills and credit cards that they don't want to pay? How about library fines and child support, or money owed to pawn brokers and loan sharks?

Why just "student loans"?

Biden's Scheme looks like its a way to bribe student debtors to get their votes in the mid terms.

And I guess it is.

But the real motivation is to provide a payoff to his friends in Big Academia. Now that students can expect to skate on their student loans, educators will be able to raise their prices to accommodate all the new student loans the young people will be taking.

It's one thing to be a deadbeat (which you are) but a greedy one at that. Did you sign the papers stating you will repay the loan? I did for my car, my houses, equity loans. And guess what? I drove a tractor-trailer for a living. Without us, you over educated irresponsible people would have no place to buy your food, your cars, your cell phones, your furniture.

Nobody owes me anything. I took on a tough job and kept America going without any expectation but my paycheck.

Biden's Scheme looks like its a way to bribe student debtors to get their votes in the mid terms.

And I guess it is.

But the real motivation is to provide a payoff to his friends in Big Academia. Now that students can expect to skate on their student loans, educators will be able to raise their prices to accommodate all the new student loans the young people will be taking.

You would be hell pressed to find an appropriation bill that wasn't a political payoff for Democrat votes.

You would be hell pressed to find an appropriation bill that wasn't a political payoff for Democrat votes.

of course, your right.

But my point is valid. This is a one time gift to Deadbeats, the real long term benefits sit in the nation's Academic Ivory Towers as they take advantage of this free money being available to beef up their prices in a time of declining enrollment.

of course, your right.

But my point is valid. This is a one time gift to Deadbeats, the real long term benefits sit in the nation's Academic Ivory Towers as they take advantage of this free money being available to beef up their prices in a time of declining enrollment.

My nephew and niece recently paid off their college loans. Where is the equity for them when the current crop of college people get a free ride? One of the issues that help cause the divorce my nephew went through was their college loans. She wanted to have a house and family as her biological time clock was winding down while his priorities were paying off their loans first.

If I were in charge of this country, nobody would be allowed to attend college until the age of 21. Let these kids live at home and work for a couple of years, save their money, and be able to pay for college (or much of it) in cash. They can work when they are out of school or on weekends to keep their bank account replenished. When they graduate, they wouldn't have this college loan burden (or much less of it) and wouldn't be begging for money from Democrat politicians. Plus the fact a lot of kids have no idea WTF they want to be in life. Working for a few years, meeting people, understanding professions would give them much better insight on what they want to do the rest of their lives.

If you had a reasonable degree instead of the underwater basket weaving you could get a decent paying job.

But, instead, you opted for a crap degree.

Great, I get work my ass off so some snot nose brat can get a free degree in 17th century Kabuki theater and then bitch and moan because they aren't getting a six figure salary. Pay for your own fucking shit.

No im not special, but that’s the point: there are so many millions of us unfairly paying these debts. Its time they are deleted.
YOU willingly sought the loans, and you were probably thrilled to get the money. No one forced you to take the cash.

It is YOUR obligation - NOT your neighbor's. And now it's time to act like a man and pay your own fucking bills.

Quit whining and behaving like a worthless fucking deadbeat.

I worked graveyard shift, full time, and paid for every class, every book, and anything else I needed. Lots of other people did the same.

So quit begging, you'll make people hate you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back