100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

Good guy with a gun is a fantasy slogan meant to instill a picture in people's minds that a killing machine will make them safe. The reality is more like what happened in the Scalise softball shooting or in the gun violence in the big cities. Having a gun doesn't prevent anything. It doesn't keep a deranged person from carrying out their planned vendetta. It doesn't prevent a methed out fiend trying to support their habit by mugging and robbing. These people aren't reasonable or stable. Neither are the heat of the moment people that basically explode and do something regrettable. Emotions, instability, and mental health issues really mess with people's heads. You take away the love of a man's life and there's a chance you will have a fight to the death.

In the Scalise softball shooting, a man opened fired and put max damage organ shreading bullets in flesh before the good guy with gun could even act. The shooter was prepared to die. And his bullets tumbled through and put length wide holes in Scalise's body the way the engineers and military intended. This is not prevention. The only thing it does is give a slim chance to kill the shooter first in a shootout or prevent further carnage once it has started. It's not a defensive weapon. It's an offense is the best defense weapon. Well in reality, prevention is the best defense. Defense is the best defense. And more kill machines just begs for more need for actual prevention and defense.

So how would that softball shooting have turned out if nobody was there with a gun?

There is no possible way to stop a kook before he acts like a kook. A kook will always be a kook and a killer will always be a killer. There is no way to stop that. But once the shooting starts, there are ways to stop the kook, and that way is with a gun.

I'm sure our police officers would love to do their job without carrying a gun, but that is impossible. Why? Because they are going to run into kooks that want to kill them.
Funny I don't see countries with strong gun control having regular mass shootings...

Then you have to ask yourself if it's the guns or the people there?

London reported a higher murder rate last month than New York city. Most of the murders were conducted with knives. In spite of all their gun control, they had gun murders on top of the knives.

In middle-class and upper-class suburbs all across America, they are reasonably safe places to live. If you gave every single resident a gun in these places, it wouldn't change their environment one bit. Move lower income people to those suburbs, and crime skyrockets.

How do I know? I live in one of those places. At one time when it was all white working class people, we had one murder every 10 or 15 years. Now we have three to four a year. Our stores would stay open to midnight. Today, most of them close when it gets dark. People used to fight to open up a business here. Today, we are begging anybody to open up a business because of the crime.

If you took away every gun from every American citizen, lowlifes will still be lowlifes. They will find a way to rob, to rape, to kill no matter what you try to do. You people just can't seem to understand this simple concept.
Yes but we have lots of guns ray. And just like you get gun courage, armed criminals have it too. The guy who would be too scared to commit a crime without a gun, now finds the courage.

No, that's not how it works. Criminals don't become criminals because they have access to guns. They are criminals because they are criminals. The only thing to stop them is prison or gun them down yourself.

Just like the results in London. The lack of guns didn't stop the criminals from committing crime, they just found a different way to commit the same crimes.

So make guns illegal. Yeah, that will stop the criminals from getting guns.......not. Recreational narcotic have been illegal my entire life, yet we have a worse problem with them today than we did 30 years ago.
It is a tool used often in crime. And again, they get the same gun courage as you ray, you should understand that.

The UK has a much lower homicide rate than us.

And we have been seeing how too many guns increases crime. We have had lots of unrest which has increased crime. Our police are shot and killed regularly(something which is very rare in the UK), and so they too shoot and kill lots of people. This has caused unrest that increased crime. And all these shootings remove police from the streets so hurts policing. These things aren't happening where there is strong gun control.

So how would that softball shooting have turned out if nobody was there with a gun?

There is no possible way to stop a kook before he acts like a kook. A kook will always be a kook and a killer will always be a killer. There is no way to stop that. But once the shooting starts, there are ways to stop the kook, and that way is with a gun.

I'm sure our police officers would love to do their job without carrying a gun, but that is impossible. Why? Because they are going to run into kooks that want to kill them.
Funny I don't see countries with strong gun control having regular mass shootings...

London reported a higher murder rate last month than New York city. Most of the murders were conducted with knives. In spite of all their gun control, they had gun murders on top of the knives.

In middle-class and upper-class suburbs all across America, they are reasonably safe places to live. If you gave every single resident a gun in these places, it wouldn't change their environment one bit. Move lower income people to those suburbs, and crime skyrockets.

How do I know? I live in one of those places. At one time when it was all white working class people, we had one murder every 10 or 15 years. Now we have three to four a year. Our stores would stay open to midnight. Today, most of them close when it gets dark. People used to fight to open up a business here. Today, we are begging anybody to open up a business because of the crime.

If you took away every gun from every American citizen, lowlifes will still be lowlifes. They will find a way to rob, to rape, to kill no matter what you try to do. You people just can't seem to understand this simple concept.
Yes but we have lots of guns ray. And just like you get gun courage, armed criminals have it too. The guy who would be too scared to commit a crime without a gun, now finds the courage.

No, that's not how it works. Criminals don't become criminals because they have access to guns. They are criminals because they are criminals. The only thing to stop them is prison or gun them down yourself.

Just like the results in London. The lack of guns didn't stop the criminals from committing crime, they just found a different way to commit the same crimes.

So make guns illegal. Yeah, that will stop the criminals from getting guns.......not. Recreational narcotic have been illegal my entire life, yet we have a worse problem with them today than we did 30 years ago.
It is a tool used often in crime. And again, they get the same gun courage as you ray, you should understand that.

And we have been seeing how too many guns increases crime. We have had lots of unrest which has increased crime. Our police are shot and killed regularly(something which is very rare in the UK), and so they too shoot and kill lots of people. This has caused unrest that increased crime. And all these shootings remove police from the streets so hurts policing. These things aren't happening where there is strong gun control.
Hey brain New York, Chicago murder rate is out of sight and they have gun laws.

New York is at extremely low crime rates. Chicago has concealed carry and not doing so well.

Assuming of course that guns are the reason which you have zero proof of.

I've provided the charts of before and after gun confiscation in other countries. In some cases it got worse. In other cases, gun crimes went down, but theft, rape and attacks went up because people had no ability to protect themselves.

So once again, if you take a nice safe upper-class suburb, create a law that every citizen must own a firearm, do you think that would increase crime? Yes or no?

You won't answer the question understandably, but I only pose it to point out that guns are not the problem--people are the problem. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will only make things worse--not better.

The whole entire world agrees that america has a gun problem. Till you meet the gun nuts in the US and their idiotic explanations:

"Guns don't kill people"....Yes they do, other countries don't have them...hence they have less murders per capita.
"We need them to fight tyrannical government"....You telling me that you have a chance vs Tanks, Tomahawks and F35s ? LOL
"Is in our constitution" that piece of paper that was written 300 years ago? wake up we live in the 21st century, and your forefathers ain't god or Jesus.

The dumbest people ever assembled in one country are the gun lovers.

All these wonderful countries with free healthcare and no guns, but not one of you on the left will ever lift a finger to move to one of these great places.

The whole world agrees America has a gun problem? Great, then let the rest of the world STF out of our country. We like it just the way it is less the Democrats of course.
That's like saying all Americans voted for Trump while in reality is the opposite. Gun ban will happen in this country is a matter of time.

A very long time. But like I said, you don't move to one of these countries that have these bans. Why not?

America is a great place partly because we are armed. We have the ability to defend ourselves against attackers.
The whole entire world agrees that america has a gun problem. Till you meet the gun nuts in the US and their idiotic explanations:

"Guns don't kill people"....Yes they do, other countries don't have them...hence they have less murders per capita.
"We need them to fight tyrannical government"....You telling me that you have a chance vs Tanks, Tomahawks and F35s ? LOL
"Is in our constitution" that piece of paper that was written 300 years ago? wake up we live in the 21st century, and your forefathers ain't god or Jesus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the above words that i quote are the words and thinking of an imported ' arab' of some type . He claims to be a ' berber' in some previous thread . ------------------------- they weren't YOUR ForeFathers Issa !!
Lol I'm arab/berber/subsaharian and iberian :).
What's your input about the subject again?
---------------------------------------------------- simply that YOU third worlders are a Danger to American Freedoms , RIGHTS and Liberty and that you and ilk should not be imported into the USA because you are dangerous to those American RIGHTS , Liberties and Freedoms Issa . You think and vote like a 'berber' rather than an America Issa .
You are a proud racist.
------------------------------------------- incorrect Issa, i object to your 'unamerican' thinking in the scheme of things in the USA . We Americans have had a fine Nation , the most prosperous , strongest and Freest Nation in the history of the world . We should not let in third world beggars and imports into the USA to change the USA RIGHTS , Freedoms and Liberties. As i have asked previously , what have 'berbers' [third worlders] ever done in 'berberland' except admire their ATLAS Mountains that God created Issa .
Berbers are the moors they brought Europe out of dark ages and that's before the US came to light. I embrace America that is inclusive and not the racist filth of it like yourself.
I know you went to school here so I am not gonna discuss world history and the contributions of the berbers and the moors in all aspects of life with you....hit the library and get back to me.
Oh and Mr proud whitey, berbers are caucasians btw, I bet you didn't know that one.
When we had universities, hospitals, water system Europe was living in filth and anarchy.

Good guy with a gun is a fantasy slogan meant to instill a picture in people's minds that a killing machine will make them safe. The reality is more like what happened in the Scalise softball shooting or in the gun violence in the big cities. Having a gun doesn't prevent anything. It doesn't keep a deranged person from carrying out their planned vendetta. It doesn't prevent a methed out fiend trying to support their habit by mugging and robbing. These people aren't reasonable or stable. Neither are the heat of the moment people that basically explode and do something regrettable. Emotions, instability, and mental health issues really mess with people's heads. You take away the love of a man's life and there's a chance you will have a fight to the death.

In the Scalise softball shooting, a man opened fired and put max damage organ shreading bullets in flesh before the good guy with gun could even act. The shooter was prepared to die. And his bullets tumbled through and put length wide holes in Scalise's body the way the engineers and military intended. This is not prevention. The only thing it does is give a slim chance to kill the shooter first in a shootout or prevent further carnage once it has started. It's not a defensive weapon. It's an offense is the best defense weapon. Well in reality, prevention is the best defense. Defense is the best defense. And more kill machines just begs for more need for actual prevention and defense.

1000 words won’t stop a criminal from killing you

1000 words won’t stop someone who wants to kill themselfs from killing themselfs.

Presenting a solution for a nonexistent problem solved nothing.
Are you suggesting I proposed a solution? I'm just tearing down these awful NRA fallacies designed to pump more and easier guns into circulation. Why they need a fairy tale slogan to do that is beyond me. Why they are involved in politics at all is beyond me. They should take the rights own advice and stick to running shooting ranges and training gun owners to be responsible. Amirite?

Why they are involved in politics at all is beyond me. They should take the rights own advice and stick to running shooting ranges and training gun owners to be responsible. Amirite?

Wait a minute.......the last school shooting, the MSM directed by the Democrat party attacked the NRA for the shooting. And you ask why the NRA is involved in politics?

The NRA had absolutely nothing to do with that shooting or any other. Yet when it does happen, the Democrats target the NRA for it.

Don't question the NRA, instead, question the Democrat party and why they make politics out of everything.

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?

Eighty percent of those shootings are violent gang members who you seem to want to roam free while we want them locked up forever. Funny how you demand we punish tens of millions of law abiding gun owners for the criminal misdeeds of a couple of hundred thousand. A couple of hundred thousand that laugh at your stupid laws.

You are beyond retarded. I never want violent gang members roaming free. That would be Trumptards who filled jails with hard working non-violent undocumented so violent gang members are left roaming free. Jails are full so full that St. Louis mayor Lyda Krewson said “We can't arrest our way out of this situation”...“We can't incarcerate our way out of this situation.” so criminals roam free!!!

And yet every one of your "solutions" consists of disarming the law abiding. If you wish to view a retarded person, have a look in the mirror.

You people seem to forget that a person with a concealed carry permit is in no way obligated to come to anyone else's aid.

And FYI law enforcement isn't obligated yo come to your aid either.

My firearms are for self defense and the defense of my wife, dogs and property in that order not your defense. I'm not a cop and don't want to be a cop.

So If I see you getting beaten robbed and otherwise victimized don't think I will pull my weapon to defend you. It was your choice to trust your safety to law enforcement and I respect that choice all I ask is you respect my choice when it comes to my personal safety.

Something that accounts for 1% of all murders is hardly regular

So what?

Lots of tools are used in crimes

1000 words won’t stop a criminal from killing you

1000 words won’t stop someone who wants to kill themselfs from killing themselfs.

Presenting a solution for a nonexistent problem solved nothing.
Are you suggesting I proposed a solution? I'm just tearing down these awful NRA fallacies designed to pump more and easier guns into circulation. Why they need a fairy tale slogan to do that is beyond me. Why they are involved in politics at all is beyond me. They should take the rights own advice and stick to running shooting ranges and training gun owners to be responsible. Amirite?

What is it that makes you believe that more guns mean more killings? I will state some facts for you.

Most gun related deaths are from Suicide or Violent criminal behavior. That is over 99% of the total.

Banning guns will NOT stop Suicides, no matter how many guns are in the country, nor will it stop Violent Criminals from obtaining a gun.

What it does do is disarms the weak from a way of protecting them from Violent criminals.

Unless you think making older American's, Disabled Americans, Female Americans or American's that must defend children, even more vulnerable to Murderers and rapists, even more vulnerable, I fail to see you're point.

Something that accounts for 1% of all murders is hardly regular

BAN THE LAWN RAKE!

Only brainwashed dupes bring up Chicago! St. Louis does not have any gun restrictions & has the highest violent crime rate. Keeping guns from crazies & locking up violent criminals is how to reduce violent crime.

All these wonderful countries with free healthcare and no guns, but not one of you on the left will ever lift a finger to move to one of these great places.

The whole world agrees America has a gun problem? Great, then let the rest of the world STF out of our country. We like it just the way it is less the Democrats of course.
That's like saying all Americans voted for Trump while in reality is the opposite. Gun ban will happen in this country is a matter of time.

A very long time. But like I said, you don't move to one of these countries that have these bans. Why not?

America is a great place partly because we are armed. We have the ability to defend ourselves against attackers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the above words that i quote are the words and thinking of an imported ' arab' of some type . He claims to be a ' berber' in some previous thread . ------------------------- they weren't YOUR ForeFathers Issa !!
---------------------------------------------------- simply that YOU third worlders are a Danger to American Freedoms , RIGHTS and Liberty and that you and ilk should not be imported into the USA because you are dangerous to those American RIGHTS , Liberties and Freedoms Issa . You think and vote like a 'berber' rather than an America Issa .
You are a proud racist.
------------------------------------------- incorrect Issa, i object to your 'unamerican' thinking in the scheme of things in the USA . We Americans have had a fine Nation , the most prosperous , strongest and Freest Nation in the history of the world . We should not let in third world beggars and imports into the USA to change the USA RIGHTS , Freedoms and Liberties. As i have asked previously , what have 'berbers' [third worlders] ever done in 'berberland' except admire their ATLAS Mountains that God created Issa .
Berbers are the moors they brought Europe out of dark ages and that's before the US came to light. I embrace America that is inclusive and not the racist filth of it like yourself.
I know you went to school here so I am not gonna discuss world history and the contributions of the berbers and the moors in all aspects of life with you....hit the library and get back to me.
Oh and Mr proud whitey, berbers are caucasians btw, I bet you didn't know that one.
When we had universities, hospitals, water system Europe was living in filth and anarchy.
---------------------------------- Hey Isis , good morning . :afro:

Only brainwashed dupes bring up Chicago! St. Louis does not have any gun restrictions & has the highest violent crime rate. Keeping guns from crazies & locking up violent criminals is how to reduce violent crime.

St. Louis has been run by democrats since 1949...and their policy is to release violent gun offenders from jail.......they also don't have enough police....it isn't law abiding gun owners driving the gun crime rate in St. Louis, it is democrats and their policy of releasing violent gun offenders....

Mayor of St. Louis - Wikipedia

Rise in Murders Has St. Louis Debating Why

Jennifer M. Joyce, the city’s circuit attorney, or prosecutor, an elected position, complains that in St. Louis, the illegal possession of a gun is too often “a crime without a consequence,” making it difficult to stop confrontation from turning lethal.

At the same time, deeper social roots of violence such as addiction and unemployment continue unchecked. And city officials also cite what they call a “Ferguson effect,” an increase in crime last year as police officers were diverted to control protests after a white officer shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager in the nearby suburb on Aug. 9.

-----------

Now, an overstretched department is forced to pick one neighborhood at a time to flood with officers. Last month, Chief Dotson even asked the state highway patrol if it could lend a dozen men to help watch downtown streets; the agency declined.
----
When the police discover a gun in a car with several passengers, including some with felony records, but no one admits to owning the gun, criminal charges are often impossible, Mr. Rosenfeld said.

In addition, according to a 2014 study by Mr. Rosenfeld and his colleagues, a majority of those who are convicted of illegally possessing a gun but not caught using it in a crime receive probation rather than jail time. Gun laws and enforcement are stiffer in many other cities.

If you want to lock up violent criminals you have to un-elect democrats...who keep letting violent gun criminals out of jail.....

Then explain to me why UT which has very lax gun laws has a much lower murder rate than CA which has very strict gun laws.

After all if gun laws reduce the murder rate shouldn't CA have a lower murder rate than UT?

You are a proud racist.
---------------------------------- Hey Isis , good morning . :afro:
Wassup Naziman?

Forum List

Back