10 Eating and Drinking Rules Italians Live By.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Whether it's making pasta, fermenting wine, or just enjoying life, the Italians seem to have it pretty much figured out. Granted, it's taken a couple thousand years to get it right, but today, the culture that puts food first has a way of doing things that is the envy of the world.

Eating and drinking are not just pastimes for Italians, they are ingrained in every part of the day. From the first espresso to the final digestivo, the Italian day is infused with intricate rules around how, when, why, and with whom you share meals and imbibe with on fine wine.

It's a way of life, and arguably, the best way. These are 10 rules that Italians live by and you might want to adopt for yourself:

#8>

~S~

Whether it's making pasta, fermenting wine, or just enjoying life, the Italians seem to have it pretty much figured out. Granted, it's taken a couple thousand years to get it right, but today, the culture that puts food first has a way of doing things that is the envy of the world.

Eating and drinking are not just pastimes for Italians, they are ingrained in every part of the day. From the first espresso to the final digestivo, the Italian day is infused with intricate rules around how, when, why, and with whom you share meals and imbibe with on fine wine.

It's a way of life, and arguably, the best way. These are 10 rules that Italians live by and you might want to adopt for yourself:

It seems Europeans eat better than we do generally, but looking at that daily menu--unless Italians walk 10 miles a day if they really ate like that they would look like Americans!

• Banned
What could be better than this:

A2210793-EFDD-425C-A6B7-9D7CBB5F99C3.jpeg

As much as I love dining out at someplace nice, I love to cook.

Having been a Dad for a lot of years (raising under 18 year olds for 30 years), I cooked a lot. But it was fuel for the pack and based on who ate what.

In the last 10 years I have spent a lot more time cooking better food for just the two of us. YouTube is an incredible source for cooking anything.

Didn't you JUST say yesterday "if someone else enjoys it what business of it is yours"?

But you came here in the FOOD AND WINE section just to buzz off this comment. What a hypocritical ass move.
So the discussion of whether or not food is fuel has no business in the food and wine forum now?

And are so thin skinned that you get offended at every comment even ones that are not directed at you that wasn't even a criticism?

Hanging out with your best friends eating some fantastic Cajun/Creole food having some killer drinks made by our favorite bartender and watching football?
Four hours goes by in a flash.

The gathering of friends and great food is enough. Then you throw in watching a game? Sounds like Heaven to me!!

Must need a lot of toilets? Ever went into a mens bathroom after a younger heavyset Mexican?

Land O' Goshen! Cannot do it.

Forum List

Back