10 British Rock Bands - Best Performances

I believe the thread title is 'best performances', not
obscure candy pop songs nobody ever heard or wants to hear ..

Buzzard, Buzzard, Buzzard is not rock .

Angelo. These are rock bands of the modern era.

I like them too, but we can’t be forever stuck in the past.
There are no bands in the modern era good enough to be called rock bands
I do not think so either.. every thing is to commercialized? no more . Just being unique? Doesn't exist anymore. It really is sad? when people wrote their own music? It was great.. I read once.. that Lenord Cohen pounded his head on the floor.. writing his lyrics.. Hallejah? 80 times? to write his song lyrics. it goes back years,, only to be ignored.. Until shrek.? being a romantic.. to me this is the most beautiful slow pleasant melody I have heard. it's not religious.. it's a play on words.. it's about love.? c

This thread has absolutely no credibility. The Who was the greatest show band ever, anywhere, and nobody even acknowledges them? Effin' weak.
I'd of put the Who's 'My Generation' up along with The Faces 'Maggie May' as 'bubbling under'.
Not keen on Roger Daltry's vocals, he's one of a very few 'top rock band' singers that is not blues oriented.

This thread has absolutely no credibility. The Who was the greatest show band ever, anywhere, and nobody even acknowledges them? Effin' weak.
Yeah good point. Pete's an overrated guitarist but all in all
they were pretty good. I saw them in 79 - I guess it was the year after Keith Moon died
touring with a new drummer.
I saw them at Woodstock, Columbia Maryland and Denver. Easily the best ever. But I don't see anyone giving Amy Weinstein any credit either. That lady was top shelf.
Who's Amy Weinstein?
If you mean Winehouse, she was to my mind the best Blues/Jazz singer of all time but she was not a Rock Band

If you want modern -

This song always reminds me of a six week period from Sept 96 when I was visited almost daily by aliens. I remember it so vividly, was very intense and seemed to have lasted a lot longer.

Forum List

Back