1 in 15 borrowers have considered suicide because of student debt, survey says...Let's be clear: student debt is a deadly mental health crisis

They want 15% of my income to go to INTEREST only so I am never allowed to pay principal or able to afford health insurance at 34 years old?

This is why we shouldn't be rubber stamping loans to those who show no promise whatsoever.

Last edited:
They want 15% of my income to go to INTEREST only so I am never allowed to pay principal or able to afford health insurance at 34 years old?
Why don't you reveal the rest of the details? What school did you go to; why did you pick it; were there any financial considerations; what was your goal; did you complete the course of study; what did you do afterwards; why didn't you keep up your loan repayments; do you treat credit cards the same way?

Or would this ruin your narrative?

Caused by the Democrats and their policies of loan loan loan.. tuition raising twice rate of inflation - who cares? loan loan loan... don't have money for rent? .. no problem loan loan loan... schools building quad tiny apartments and charging exorbitant rent that is downright criminal? No problem - loan loan loan... turn down no one!! Flunking all their classes??? Keep loaning!!! No direction in what classes they are taking?? Who cares loan loan loan!!!!!!!
Fast forward 20 years??
Democrats - "these student debts are outrageous!!" - who did this??

A lot of these people should have gone into the trades where they would have been paid while learning a useable skill

They could still go to college. My nephew took a 5 year industrial engineering degree, but during much of that time he was working and getting paid on externships with a major company.

Really cut down on the amount he owed in the end.

Further, he went to Akron, which has fairly low tuition compared to a lot of these institutions.

Sizing up the costs of the school, as well as estimating what money you can earn during your education, gives you a lot more realistic chance of keeping your debts down for when you are done.

We must do everything we can to prevent suicides by people who owe student loan debt...

... until it's paid off.

Then, they can do what they like.

well i've always advocated for more parties and more options for voters. it can't be just heartless Dems and even more heartless Republicans like you
Heartless? Shit man, i have put a kid through college, and paid for it myself. I didnt come whining to your sorry ass demanding that you help pay for it. Damn, it was sure great when you werent around...

dscn1082.jpg

You create the debt YOU PAY IT.

By way of comparison technical schools are DIRT CHEAP & SHORTER DURATION. Upon graduating with a skill AI can't do the sky is your limit. Plumbing/welding/hvac/home building and so on. All good paying jobs where YOU dictate your future.

Traditional college is a waste of money for most. Useless degrees to sit in a cubicle and slave for SOMEONE ELSES BENIFIT.
The Scrooges Want Us to Be Job Snobs

Just Like the NFL With College Football, College Education Is a Free Minor Leagues for Corporate America

Don't listen to corporate parasites who promise you you'll make so much money that paying off your loan will be only a minor expense.

Beat that dead horse!

My daughter just graduated with her MASTERS and owed not one single penny to anyone. So all you lazy, good for nothing, freeloading dipshits can shove it.

Her entire 4 years of grad school were spent working a full time job and going to school. She paid for it all herself. No loans. No handouts.
A Cliff Notes Education

That job took away from her time and energy to study.

Loan sharking used to be illegal. College admins should be arrested and charged with defrauding the govt. and its customers, and their new building sold off or sold for salvage to pay back part of what they have embezzled.

Every academic and every company who has lied about 'labor shortages' and contributed to the scam should be taxed to repay it all; if that isn't enough tax the shareholders as well.

well, just to put it in perspective, the cost of college has increased 300 times since Mitch McConnell paid 350 dollars tuition to graduate in Kentucky
Democrats have been on a tear that "EVERYONE" needs a college education so we'll make it more "AFFORDABLE" by making loans to students more easily available.

Think, think, think, what could possibly go wrong?

More kids rushed to go and stay in college, after all, it was FREE MONEY. With more demand, who can easily pay more MONEY, (oh, shock" PRICES INCREASED.

Since it was FREE MONEY they could stay in school longer. It also made obscure useless majors more appealing. Now, for FREE, they could major in ancient musical instruments and have intellectual discussions about the influence of the "Bullroarer" on today's instruments.

MORE kids rushed to go and stay in college, after all, it was FREE MONEY. With more demand, who can easily pay more MONEY, (oh, shock" PRICES INCREASED.

Then repeat the cycle, ad infinitum and we are where we are today.

If you can't afford college/university, learn a good paying trade. HVAC, Plumbers, Electricians, et cetera, earn more than many college educated people.

This is the sort of false humanist precept that poisons so much of what should be reasoning in society.
The image of some human suffering justifies immediate emotional response that detaches itself from any other principles or rationality.
The solution to one in fifteen committing suicide is to pay student loan debt? What makes that true?

Forum List

Back