1,204 U.S. sites Recorded their Coldest-Ever October Temperature

All Modeling fails inside 36 hours... (+2 STD).. and most fail inside 12 hours. I use 5 different models in my work and they can not predict anything accurately outside 12 hours.

Which models are you using and what computer are you running them on ... [giggle] ... a WinTel box ... or have you stacked a few hundred MiniMacs? ... what unit volume and iteration? ...

Don't laugh at Billy, he has an energy destroying tube at work.

They're working on the paper now. It shows that IR doesn't warm the air.....or something.

All Modeling fails inside 36 hours... (+2 STD).. and most fail inside 12 hours. I use 5 different models in my work and they can not predict anything accurately outside 12 hours.

Which models are you using and what computer are you running them on ... [giggle] ... a WinTel box ... or have you stacked a few hundred MiniMacs? ... what unit volume and iteration? ...

They're working on the paper now. It shows that IR doesn't warm the air.....or something.
IR doesn't warm air.

IR doesn't warm air.

Do low energy photons cool warmer matter?

IR doesn't warm air.

Do low energy photons cool warmer matter?
warmer matter loses it's photons to the cooler matter. and becomes cooler matter.

Too Funny; Keep giggling moron...

I can operate any model or program such as MODTRAN (which runs most models built in colleges today), Windows based modeling (Microsoft) among many others.

Currently using a 500 terabyte UNIX server stack and a 5Tb dedicated fiber connection to NOAA's computer in Cheyenne, Wy. I can operate any model they have or use, along with real time access to satellite and USCRN and HCN data.

I'm belly-laughing now ... what a piss-poor example you give ... the forecast posted at 2pm on Friday predicted the Arctic Front would pass over Cheyenne early morning on Monday with bitter cold temperatures first thing in the morning ... +2ºF is pretty damn cold (Cheyenne tied the all time high temperature record of 70ºF yesterday) ... that's 66 hours ... let's bring into remembrance your claim:

Friday's forecast for Cheyenne also predicted a Clipper for this Wednesday, 120 hours out ... and it's still in the forecast ... I guess we'll learn just how bogus your claim is then ... MODTRAN is a radiative model, doesn't use NS ... try again and check to make sure you're not spouting nonsense ...

Please run the GFS out 7 days, post the results, maybe this time it will fail within 12 hours ... that's if you have enough flops ...

Last edited:
When it gets ball busting cold like it will this week, 200 million Americans will be thinking global warming is laughable!!

It's all about the numbers s0ns, not the science.....so essentially it's a math problem for those perpetually hysterical about the climate. Nobody gives a fuck about the science when they step outside and their balls turn blue. To a person.....climate change will, of course, be waaaaaaaaaaay down the list of concerns in life. You're just hoping your fucking car starts! Duh :2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Too Funny; Keep giggling moron...

I can operate any model or program such as MODTRAN (which runs most models built in colleges today), Windows based modeling (Microsoft) among many others.

Currently using a 500 terabyte UNIX server stack and a 5Tb dedicated fiber connection to NOAA's computer in Cheyenne, Wy. I can operate any model they have or use, along with real time access to satellite and USCRN and HCN data.

I'm belly-laughing now ... what a piss-poor example you give ... the forecast posted at 2pm on Friday predicted the Arctic Front would pass over Cheyenne early morning on Monday with bitter cold temperatures first thing in the morning ... +2ºF is pretty damn cold (Cheyenne tied the all time high temperature record of 70ºF yesterday) ... that's 66 hours ... let's bring into remembrance your claim:

Friday's forecast for Cheyenne also predicted a Clipper for this Wednesday, 120 hours out ... and it's still in the forecast ... I guess we'll learn just how bogus your claim is then ... MODTRAN is a radiative model, doesn't use NS ... try again and check to make sure you're not spouting nonsense ...

Please run the GFS out 7 days, post the results, maybe this time it will fail within 12 hours ... that's if you have enough flops ...
:aug08_031::dig:

When it gets ball busting cold like it will this week, 200 million Americans will be thinking global warming is laughable!!

It's all about the numbers s0ns, not the science.....so essentially it's a math problem for those perpetually hysterical about the climate. Nobody gives a fuck about the science when they step outside and their balls turn blue. To a person.....climate change will, of course, be waaaaaaaaaaay down the list of concerns in life. You're just hoping your fucking car starts! Duh :2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I hate to be the pointing this out to you ... but only half the world's population has balls ... just saying ...

I think you're reading the data wrong ... 1,244 stations reported a record daily low temp year-to-date ... only 748 set all time daily records low in the past 30 days (October) ...
Now this needs to be compared to 1,638 stations reported a record daily high temp year-to-date ...

I'm sorry ... this will put downward pressure on the final Global Average Temperature that will be calculated next year ... but the USA is barely 1/50th the planet and this is just 1/12th the year ... or about 1/600th of the Global Average ... and this is the reason we use averages in climatology, try to smooth out these extreme dynamic fluctuations ... I said these same things back in 2015 and 2016 when Alarmists were raging over all the record daily highs, no where close to being relevant to 50 or 100 year temperature trends, I have to say the same about record daily lows ... it's all dynamic contamination ...

Not to mention many of these new records are only 1ºF higher/lower and this is within the instrumentation error of +/- 1ºF ... see the problem there? ...

2016 remains the warmest year on record since 1880 ... 2017 was a bit cooler and 2018 a bit cooler still ... the Alarmists' temporary "plateau" after 1998 seems to be heading down now ... again, far too short a time period to make any claims of any kind ... but funny listening to the rhetoric change ... get ready for "higher amplitude Rossby waves caused by CAGW" ... we're not sure what causes waves along the polar jet stream, very difficult to say weather whether a little warming would change it much ... if at all ... so beware ...

Ah....that must be why you choose to focus so narrowly on the past 75 years when the available climate data should actually be considered in the light of the past 250,000
Eh? Let's see now.... 75/250×10³ is .0003.
Gosh your criticizing him for using sixteen thousandths of the available info when your about 550 percent worse.....hmmmmm

Jo

Ah....that must be why you choose to focus so narrowly on the past 75 years when the available climate data should actually be considered in the light of the past 250,000
Gosh your criticizing him for using sixteen thousandths of the available info when your about 550 percent worse.....hmmmmm

Jo

If you're trying to make the point I think you're trying to make ... 250,000 years doesn't do it ... it was 30 million years ago when permanent ice started appearing a low elevations ... and really we need to look at 100 million years ago to see some profoundly warm conditions ... tropical from pole to pole ... we find dinosaur bones in Alaska from a time Alaska was actually closer to the North Pole ... the Earth's climate is cold right now, coldest it's been since the beginning of the Cambrian ... half a billion years ago and almost all the history of life on land ... (BTW, the hottest month on record is September 249,668,642 BC, unless you want to look before May 4,742,837,467 BC, hahaha) ...

But scientifically accurate thermometers haven't been in wide distribution until about 1880 ... and I agree with you 100% that 140 years of data doesn't allow us to credibly predict the next 140 years ... but then it naturally follows that daily extreme temperatures with only 140 data points is as normal as normal can be ... for 6,000 weather stations worldwide, we average 60 events that have a 1% probability of occurring (hundred year event) ...

I'm criticizing anyone who uses daily temperature records to make their point ... both sides of the discussion ... they're not that meaningful ...

I hate to be the pointing this out to you ... but only half the world's population has balls ... just saying ...
it seems the other half wants them though?

Jo

If you're trying to make the point I think you're trying to make ... 250,000 years doesn't do it ... it was 30 million years ago when permanent ice started appearing a low elevations ... and really we need to look at 100 million years ago to see some profoundly warm conditions ... tropical from pole to pole ... we find dinosaur bones in Alaska from a time Alaska was actually closer to the North Pole ... the Earth's climate is cold right now, coldest it's been since the beginning of the Cambrian ... half a billion years ago and almost all the history of life on land ... (BTW, the hottest month on record is September 249,668,642 BC, unless you want to look before May 4,742,837,467 BC, hahaha) ...

But scientifically accurate thermometers haven't been in wide distribution until about 1880 ... and I agree with you 100% that 140 years of data doesn't allow us to credibly predict the next 140 years ... but then it naturally follows that daily extreme temperatures with only 140 data points is as normal as normal can be ... for 6,000 weather stations worldwide, we average 60 events that have a 1% probability of occurring (hundred year event) ...

I'm criticizing anyone who uses daily temperature records to make their point ... both sides of the discussion ... they're not that meaningful ...
and 79% of the globe is a great big question mark.

That Alberta Clipper pushed through Cheyenne a few hours earlier than what was forecasted 120 hours ago ... not bad for models that are always two deviations off after 36 hours ...

Last edited:
That Alberta Clipper pusher through Cheyenne a few hours earlier than what was forecasted 120 hours ago ... not bad for models that are always two deviations off after 36 hours ...
giphy.gif

Your Trolling ignorance is astounding...

Your Trolling ignorance is astounding...

Why don't you explain your "experiment" for Reiny?

Forum List

Back