youtube is screwed up, need help

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
alot of my subscriptions are missing, for instance one of them is "morenadf1". that person doesnt show up in my subscription list but they were there. when i click on subscribe to morenadf1 it says i am already subscribed. what the heck is wrong

They are currently doing some major long term upgrades. Things are a bit on the fritz. If you have a script blocker make certain youtube and ytimg are allowed, ytimg is where they keep their actual programs so it's not an ad link and it's safe. If that doesn't clear it up just report the glitch to them and be patient. A couple weeks ago all us Linux users had to run FF through Wine to upload during the weekend because they forgot to update the Linux scripts when they did the others. It took them only an hour on Monday to fix it ...

So yeah, do a quick search and see if it's been reported, if it hasn't then report it in their forums.

Oh wait, just logged on, they are doing maintenance for a bit right now, try back with them in a few hours before you report it.

this has been happeneing since mon evening. i have a list of subscriptions whose videos automotically show up in my subcriptions. many of them are missing, such as "morenadf1". however, when i find a video of his and click on subscribe, it says i am already subcribed.

this has been happeneing since mon evening. i have a list of subscriptions whose videos automotically show up in my subcriptions. many of them are missing, such as "morenadf1". however, when i find a video of his and click on subscribe, it says i am already subcribed.

As I said, they are upgrading right now so there are glitches that appear every once in a while, which they try to correct during their maintenance, but once they are done with that today check it again then if it's still doing it send them a report. They will likely need to know the OS and browser you are using.

but it started yesterday morning

They are doing the upgrades a little at a time, their site (like most) is a lot of sections and software. If they did it all at once they wouldn't be able to keep up with the errors, so the upgrades are taking a long time. They are still testing the new channel software and running into a few bugs, which since they have a deadline they are putting a lot of effort into them. Google staff are hard at work to on Youtube, not just the Youtube staff. So just be patient, I know how annoying things can be when they don't work, but for a free service they are doing great. Again, just wait a couple more hours, once they are done with todays maintenance then if it doesn't get fixed report it to them so they know there is a problem, otherwise they won't be able to fix it. Unless you have their site blocked by script blockers (youtube.com and ytimg.com) there shouldn't be any problems, if there are then there is likely an error on their side of it.

Forum List

Back