Speaking of Youtube

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
They are going to start doing 3D ... though it looks like it will just be pseudo-3D I posted a recommendation for something others may be interested in. I can make my vids in 3D easily, it would take a bit more time but it's doable. Check out their current 3D and let me know if people would actually like to see me use their current system.

Link to their forum:
youtube 3d feature (yt3d:enable=true) - some issues - YouTube Help

Their blog:
YouTube Blog: Now in 3D: Join the Experiment With Us!

My post there:
You know what would be really awesome ... go beyond the traditional "3D" and resurrect an old experiment Sega did, the digital 3D goggles. It was a very simple concept that actually worked well, the glasses were plugged in and one side would darken based on the image angle that was on the screen at the time. Back then the biggest problem was the refresh rates of video monitors didn't make it as smooth, but now we could use it. Just make an OS independent pair of glasses like they had, that would fit over prescription ones. I would buy them, and then I would actually make a TON of 3D videos for it myself.

I can get the 3d going and one of the side images to disappear w/ the cross-eyed technique, but I can't get both side images to disappear while seeing the 3d.

I can get the 3d going and one of the side images to disappear w/ the cross-eyed technique, but I can't get both side images to disappear while seeing the 3d.

Huh? I really don't get what you are saying. However, if I remember correctly, you are running Ubuntu as well, right?

No. Win XP Pro- which decided to bsod this morning when I tried to remove outlook express :evil:

I said that of I use the 'cross-eyed' method for the 3d videos, I can see the 3d and also a flat image on one side of the 3d. I can't get the other flat image to disappear on the side so on;y the 3d image is viewable..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ANcspdYh_U]YouTube - YouTube in 3D[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GcLW0g_c1s]YouTube - 3D Waltz of the Flowers (YouTube 3D HD Test)[/ame]

Okay, the 3D doesn't work in the embedded player at all yet, they are still playing with it before they fully implement it. But if you have the most recent Adobe Flash plugin and go to the Youtube site, there shouldn't be two images side by side (or up and down), there should be one composite image with a selector below the video to customize based on the glasses you have. So go to the Adobe site (you can get the URL by disabling Javascript for a moment) and install the version from there. It's all still experimental, but Adobe added it to their Flash suite recently because of all the new 3D movies coming out.

I don't think you're comprehending what I'm saying...

No, at this point not. The actual 3D code that they are using converts the "split" videos into the type that use the 3D glasses, which is what I want to know about, not the "cross eyed" method, which hurts really. I want to know if people want to see more 3D videos ... if they like them or if trying to make mine 3D like that would be a waste of time.

Again, I am talking about the 3D with the glasses that uses the suite which Adobe just added to their Flash.

I don't know how people do it that way, but apparently some people actually get results with it.

It helps if one is naturally cross-eyed. :eusa_shhh: ;)

Well, true. :razz:

I haven't actually seen how well it looks through the glasses yet, I don't have any laying around. Going to run to the stores today and see if I can find some today, just found out about the 3D thing last night. If I like it I just might do some 3D vids for my enjoyment anyway. I have been reluctant to play with 3D, I don't even watch 3D movies in the theater and wait for them to go to DVD if a 2D version is available. But for a couple of bucks I'll give it a chance.

Their 3D is a no go, too resource heavy the way they did it, but I can still do 3D videos that use the standard glasses if there is interest, it's not as hard as it seems. I will gauge the popularity based on how much feedback Youtube gets on their experiment though.

Forum List

Back