Youth unemployment. 52.2% record high

What taxes has Obama raised on small businesses? How about a little truth....?

Cap and trade. Forcing us to clean up our mess is an unfair tax and proof positive that Obama is an evil liberal Satan worshiper. You really should stop listening to liberal media. Then you would know what is really going on. Jeese...

What taxes has Obama raised on small businesses? How about a little truth....?

If he hasn't already it's not for lack of trying. Wait until the forced health care provision kicks in where a small business owner HAS to provide coverage or get fined. How about the cap and tax bill that is in the works where owners of companies will have higher utility bills thanks to cap and tax. Just give this Obama guy a chance and he will destroy capitalism.
He doesn't want to allow people to make money in this country. He wants to control wealth and have as many people as he can be dependent on the government for everything.:(
Oh I forgot to mention allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire,that is really a tax hike.

Last edited:
The dead end kids

things are going to get even harder as obama piles more taxes on small business.

should the minimum wage be even higher?

Actually, that is a problem that has been with us for awhile...particularly in areas with a high number of illegal aliens. They get hired and the kids don't. I've written about this on and off for the last 5 years or so.

these stats don't mean as much as they used to. alot of kids work multiple jobs part time/ off the books and make a decent amount of money at it. especially online where if you know programming, web or graphic design, etc you could freelance and make a good living. I did that during hte end of high school and college and came out fine. Even now (at 22) I am contracting part time for two different companies making a really good living but I am fairly certain I am considered "unemployed" in statistics since I am not an official employee at an company

these stats don't mean as much as they used to. alot of kids work multiple jobs part time/ off the books and make a decent amount of money at it. especially online where if you know programming, web or graphic design, etc you could freelance and make a good living. I did that during hte end of high school and college and came out fine. Even now (at 22) I am contracting part time for two different companies making a really good living but I am fairly certain I am considered "unemployed" in statistics since I am not an official employee at an company

That depends. Are you actively seeking employment?

Go to your local fast food joint. The jobs once held by teenagers working during high school are now filed with middle aged mexicans and south americans.

I told the Wendy's down the street until they got some people that who speak english running the drive through I wouldnt be back.

A new phenomenon in my high school is 5th and 6th year seniors. In the past, dropouts or kids that failed their senior year would go on to get their GED, or get a job. With the economy so bad (and with so many kids too dumb to pass the GED) they are heading back to high school. In NJ, they can stay til 21 if classified. Prisons provide "three hots and a cot" High schools can provide "two hots and a ho" While I believe it is noble for 20 year olds to want a high school diploma, thus far the five I teach.have indicated that the only reason they are in school is because their parents don't want them hanging around the house.Ridiculous waste of taxpayer money.

A new phenomenon in my high school is 5th and 6th year seniors. In the past, dropouts or kids that failed their senior year would go on to get their GED, or get a job. With the economy so bad (and with so many kids too dumb to pass the GED) they are heading back to high school. In NJ, they can stay til 21 if classified. Prisons provide "three hots and a cot" High schools can provide "two hots and a ho" While I believe it is noble for 20 year olds to want a high school diploma, thus far the five I teach.have indicated that the only reason they are in school is because their parents don't want them hanging around the house.Ridiculous waste of taxpayer money.

I think after your 19th birthday if you are not passing in high school and a senior, you should have to cont your education at the expense of yourself or parents and attend night school so you wont be a distraction to the kids trying to graduate.

The dead end kids

things are going to get even harder as obama piles more taxes on small business.

should the minimum wage be even higher?

Actually, that is a problem that has been with us for awhile...particularly in areas with a high number of illegal aliens. They get hired and the kids don't. I've written about this on and off for the last 5 years or so.

and liberal policies will have more illegals come here.

That depends. Are you actively seeking employment?

no because the two part time jobs I make more than enough

Forum List

Back