Youth unemployment. 52.2% record high

A major part of the problem is Americans are working later into their retirements than ever before. We had the tech sector crash of 2000/2001. So many of my friends like myself--kept working versus retiring to make up for lost income. Now the economy is in the tank--so we continue to work. Heck--I think the baby boomer generation will be working well into their 80's after all of this.

So it's got to be very difficult for younsters--including kids just getting out of college to get a job. All the old hacks are still there.

these stats don't mean as much as they used to. alot of kids work multiple jobs part time/ off the books and make a decent amount of money at it. especially online where if you know programming, web or graphic design, etc you could freelance and make a good living. I did that during hte end of high school and college and came out fine. Even now (at 22) I am contracting part time for two different companies making a really good living but I am fairly certain I am considered "unemployed" in statistics since I am not an official employee at an company

That depends. Are you actively seeking employment?

no because the two part time jobs I make more than enough

Then you aren't even considered part of the labor force.

Forum List

Back