Yours truly faces a big, life changing decision....

California or Alabama?

• Total voters
ANYWAY, back on topic.

I notice majority says Alabama is the better choice.....yall are probably right.......what makes Cali the hardest is GETTIN THERE.

Only way outta state from my city is by bus....would have to get to Philly to take a train (flying's OUT as I terrified of heights/flyin)

A bus ride to Cali would be a day+......Alabama round 10 hours I estimate, gave or take a couple depending on traffic................

OK. Live anywhere but California. We really can't afford yet another fucking loser.

Bama.

Unless you're a loon, then we don't want you. :)

Gay is no big deal here.

Loon is.

I'm a little concerned that you feel you can fit in in both places. A true Alabamian can't stand more than a week or two in CA, then we need to get back to the real world.

Lots of growth around Montgomery and Mobile. Both good areas, but the big "gay community" is in Birmingham (which has been run into the ground by corrupt government).

Job market is "ok" right now, but more industries are moving in every day. And we may have the lottery in the next 4 years (new Governor) which will bring education up tp where it needs to be.

I've been to LA more times than I care to remember. I've always thought it was a shithole, and pretty much ass-backwards as far as cities go. Rural CA is beautiful. Urban CA has been shit on and set on fire.

Huntsville is picking up thousands of civilian DoD and contract jobs with multiple Army department and specific project relocations being moved there.

You would be happier in Bama.

There you can revceive the secret dispise you seem to crave

I may very well be moving to either California, or Alabama soon. Which state will I grace with my righteous awesomeness next?:confused:

Both meet my "no cold BS" requirement pretty much as it rarely gets cold in Alabama, and never in southern Cali.

Cali:

Obviously more jobs and the potential for there.....but the state is economically VERY depressed, sky high taxes, and they just chose further suicide with more of the same (Brown) BUT it's the most beautiful state in the Union. LA looks all types of different in an AMAZING way, more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
I could FINALLY get a live in a red state....but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters. But teh food would be real good, finally get to be back south, my home, which I miss beyond words, and within reach of my hometown (Miami) and Atlanta (really wanna go there). I would also enjoy being in the like minded, political/ideological majority.........

Input?

No one cares.

I may very well be moving to either California, or Alabama soon. Which state will I grace with my righteous awesomeness next?:confused:

Both meet my "no cold BS" requirement pretty much as it rarely gets cold in Alabama, and never in southern Cali.

Cali:

Obviously more jobs and the potential for there.....but the state is economically VERY depressed, sky high taxes, and they just chose further suicide with more of the same (Brown) BUT it's the most beautiful state in the Union. LA looks all types of different in an AMAZING way, more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
I could FINALLY get a live in a red state....but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters. But teh food would be real good, finally get to be back south, my home, which I miss beyond words, and within reach of my hometown (Miami) and Atlanta (really wanna go there). I would also enjoy being in the like minded, political/ideological majority.........

Input?

California.....the land of fruits and nuts......which you clearly are both.

Cali:

Alabama:

Input?

I would go to Alabama because the cost of living is more reasonable, its expensive as fuck out there in Cali, I have lived in both states so I know. Plus there isn't that many jobs in California, their unemployment rates are through the roof and the jobs they do have simply don't make up for the high cost of living, gas is way more expensive there also than it is in Alabama. If you have a good job waiting for you in California and you have the money, it might be good otherwise I would go with Alabama, if you are staying in a big city there are plenty of gay bars and gay clubs also so no worries there. If you have anymore questions on either state pm me.

I vote..

Be an adult and make your own damn decisions

Are you gay?

I must have missed that.

Don't know if he's happy or not, but he is a homo. He doesn't like to be reminded what the Bible says about it either. Upsets him. He replies with you're a homophobe and then he claims to have pwned ya.

Weird dude really.

He embraces an ideology which despises him, and who would love to jail him - or worse - just for loving who he wants to love.

It is weird.

I disagree. Homophobia is non-partisan. Black folks are a prime example. They are overwhelmingly Democrats (90+%) and massive homophobes.

if you REALLY didnt care, you wouldnt have posted in this thread ;)

Her and her other pigeon cohorts can't seem to leave me alone for some weirdo reason.........:confused:

Always with the drive bys, instigation. Dunno why tho, that shit is what got em pwned and belted in the 1st place.:lol::cuckoo:
naw, she was only playin
you take this shit WAY too serious
LOL
so do a lot of other people i guess :rofl:

When you listen to someone talk ya can tell when they're kidding around or teasing. You can't always hear that in their voice when you read what they're saying. We need a tongue in cheek smiley or on that looks like it's holding back a laugh.

Mobile is one of the most pleasant cities in the country.

The folks are some of the friendliest around, great food, and nice climate.

The wife and I have taken vacations down there twice...loved it.

A lot closer to what you're used to in Miami.

Southern California sucks...bad...I go everywhere in country EXCEPT California and the Northeast.

The NE has bad winter weather, super high tolls and too many people.

California has California
thumbdown.gif

Mobile has awesome Mardi Gras too.

Bama.

Unless you're a loon, then we don't want you. :)

Gay is no big deal here.

Loon is.

I'm a little concerned that you feel you can fit in in both places. A true Alabamian can't stand more than a week or two in CA, then we need to get back to the real world.

Lots of growth around Montgomery and Mobile. Both good areas, but the big "gay community" is in Birmingham (which has been run into the ground by corrupt government).

Job market is "ok" right now, but more industries are moving in every day. And we may have the lottery in the next 4 years (new Governor) which will bring education up tp where it needs to be.

I've been to LA more times than I care to remember. I've always thought it was a shithole, and pretty much ass-backwards as far as cities go. Rural CA is beautiful. Urban CA has been shit on and set on fire.

Right now I could fit in either.

Ima southern boy, originally anyway. Been raised up in this frozen, shitty northeast, but would love gettin back into that lifestyle/mentality.

As is obvious for someone like me. Fittin in in LA would really be no problem. Sucks you aint like it, but looks pretty much perfectly suited for someone like me.

Cali:

Alabama:

Input?

I would go to Alabama because the cost of living is more reasonable, its expensive as fuck out there in Cali, I have lived in both states so I know. Plus there isn't that many jobs in California, their unemployment rates are through the roof and the jobs they do have simply don't make up for the high cost of living, gas is way more expensive there also than it is in Alabama. If you have a good job waiting for you in California and you have the money, it might be good otherwise I would go with Alabama, if you are staying in a big city there are plenty of gay bars and gay clubs also so no worries there. If you have anymore questions on either state pm me.

Thanks HG. The hatin ass trolls here aside, this thread has been informative.

Don't know if he's happy or not, but he is a homo. He doesn't like to be reminded what the Bible says about it either. Upsets him. He replies with you're a homophobe and then he claims to have pwned ya.

Weird dude really.

He embraces an ideology which despises him, and who would love to jail him - or worse - just for loving who he wants to love.

It is weird.

I disagree. Homophobia is non-partisan. Black folks are a prime example. They are overwhelmingly Democrats (90+%) and massive homophobes.

:eusa_shhh:

We don't wanna shatter Synthe's warped lil fantasy world now do we?:lol::cuckoo:

Cali:

Alabama:

Input?

No one cares.

Clearly they do, as this thread has over 6 pages/70 replies.

Think before you post next time man.

Forum List

Back