Yours truly faces a big, life changing decision....

California or Alabama?

• Total voters
I may very well be moving to either California, or Alabama soon. Which state will I grace with my righteous awesomeness next?:confused:

Both meet my "no cold BS' requirement pretty much as it rarely gets cold in Alabama, and never in southern Cali.

Cali:

Obviously more jobs and the potential for there.....but the state is economically VERY depressed, sky high taxes, and they just chose further suicide with more of the same (Brown) BUT it's the most beautiful state in the Union, LA looks all types of different in an AMAZING way, more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
I could FINALLY get a live in a red state....but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters. But teh food would be real good, finally get to be back south, my home, which I miss beyond words, and within reach of my hometown (Miami) and Atlanta (really wanna go there). I would also enjoy being in the like minded, political/ideological majority.........

Input?

If your think there are no gays in Alabama, your nuts. Sorry, but true.

it's not exactly gay-friendly, though.

hmm I dunno..people pretty much just leave people alone.

50-50 eh...........

VOTE damn yall.

Anyway, I have taken what's been said into account.....and while common sense says I should move to Alabama.....for some reason Cali is SERIOUSLY sparking my curiosity & interest.......

Part of that curiosity is cuz in this frozen hellscape where I currently reside, my boys, people in general, talk of Cali. like it's a mythical, far off, perfect weather, foreign country. Given what we gotta deal with so often, this shouldn't surprise anyone. It's thousands of miles away, just like said foreign country lol.

I love the south, it IS where I wanna end up ultimately....but I've never lived anywhere like Cali before....looks like a terrain wonderland with virtually every type imaginable and LA (which IS where I would be if I choose Cali) looks almost PERFECTLY suited for someone like me (Latino, young, urban, gay)

If it were Miami/ATL vs. Cali it would be the south no contest.....but it aint......

Looks to me as if you already had your answer......and as for minority civil rights in Alabama...what? 50 years or so ago???
Lots more of that goes on in other places OUT of the south now days. :)

While California may be politically more tolerant of gays, Alabama doesn't have the gay bashing gangs you'll find in LA. If gay pride parades are your bag, you'd probably be disappointed in 'bama, but you'd be left alone as long as you could talk about college football.
I've lived in South Florida for about 9 years and I'm getting the hell out. I'm paying cash for a house 4 miles from the Alabama Gulf Coast about mid way between Pensacola and Mobile.

Huntsville or Mobile. In Huntsville you can expect to be the dumbest guy in the room more often than not. I also like Auburn but with family in the area I recuse myself. I lived in Pascagoula MS and found Mobile a nice town on weekends.

Cali:

...more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
...but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters.

Are you gay?

I must have missed that.

Don't know if he's happy or not, but he is a homo. He doesn't like to be reminded what the Bible says about it either. Upsets him. He replies with you're a homophobe and then he claims to have pwned ya.

Weird dude really.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I may very well be moving to either California, or Alabama soon. Which state will I grace with my righteous awesomeness next?:confused:

Both meet my "no cold BS" requirement pretty much as it rarely gets cold in Alabama, and never in southern Cali.

Cali:

Obviously more jobs and the potential for there.....but the state is economically VERY depressed, sky high taxes, and they just chose further suicide with more of the same (Brown) BUT it's the most beautiful state in the Union. LA looks all types of different in an AMAZING way, more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
I could FINALLY get a live in a red state....but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters. But teh food would be real good, finally get to be back south, my home, which I miss beyond words, and within reach of my hometown (Miami) and Atlanta (really wanna go there). I would also enjoy being in the like minded, political/ideological majority.........

Input?

My general rule: Move to higher ground

Buy a one way ticket to St. Johns.Tell them you know how to fix ceiling fans and change door locks. Youtube those projects if you don't
Only a fool would stay in the Mpyre.

Cali:

...more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
...but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters.

Are you gay?

I must have missed that.

Don't know if he's happy or not, but he is a homo. He doesn't like to be reminded what the Bible says about it either. Upsets him. He replies with you're a homophobe and then he claims to have pwned ya.

Weird dude really.

He embraces an ideology which despises him, and who would love to jail him - or worse - just for loving who he wants to love.

It is weird.

Forum List

Back