You're welcome!

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
One of the most deceitful sales pitches employed by partisan douchebags (see linked article) is the old saw that voting third-party is the same as voting for the "other" party. "Voting Green party is the same as voting for Trump!", or "Voting Libertarian is the same as a vote for Democrats!". This, of course, isn't true at all. And you can shut these nitwits up pretty quickly by pointing this out: "Ok, if you say voting Libertarian is the same as voting for Biden, then I'll just go ahead and vote for Biden. Is that what you want? Is that really the same thing?" - or a similar line with the other candidate depending on what kind of partisan douchebag you're talking to.

This browbeating might convince some voters, but anyone with half a brain sees the conceit, and will rightly be offended by it. This alienates more independents than in convinces, making it even less likely that we'll vote for their candidate.

As an alternative to insulting independent, third-party voters, here's my advice: How about thanking us? After you've tried your best and we still prefer to vote third party, you could say something like "Well, I think it would be better if you voted for Biden/Trump, but I want to at least thank you for NOT voting for Trump/Biden. He sucks".

You're welcome.

Last edited:
One of the most deceitful sales pitches employed by partisan douchebags (see linked article) is the old saw that voting third-party is the same as voting for the "other" party. "Voting Green party is the same as voting for Trump!", or "Voting Libertarian is the same as a vote for Democrats!". This, of course, isn't true at all. And you can shut these nitwits up pretty quickly by pointing this out: "Ok, if you say voting Libertarian is the same as voting for Biden, then I'll just go ahead and vote for Biden. Is that what you want? Is that really the same thing?" - or a similar line with the other candidate depending on what kind of partisan douchebag you're talking to.

This browbeating might convince some voters, but anyone with half a brain sees the conceit, and will rightly be offended by it. This alienates more independents than in convinces, making it even less likely that we'll vote for their candidate.

As an alternative to insulting independent, third-party voters, here's my advice: How about thanking us? After you've tried your best and we still prefer to vote third party, you could say something like "Well, I think it would be better if you voted for Biden/Trump, but I want to at least thank you for NOT voting for Trump/Biden. He sucks".

You're welcome.

1700762332840.png

You're welcome.

1700762581732.png

Which "other side"?
He lives in a very limited world where his side are the good guys and any other opinion represents the bad side.

It's kinda like Coyboys and Indians with him except for the fact that it is invading white colonists and brave indigenes of color.

Biden can't beat Trump even without the third party interference.

I think it's most likely that neither Trump or Biden will make it to the election that's still a year away.

The many reasons why??

Biden can't beat Trump even without the third party interference.

I think it's most likely that neither Trump or Biden will make it to the election that's still a year away.

The many reasons why??
as my Jewish nanny would say... from your lips to gods' ears.

Biden? He's going to fall down again and he probably won't be able to get up, or they won't allow him to get up until he's checked out.

Trump? Instead of a physical trauma incident, I would be looking for an explosion of his mind so to speak. His mental illness is closing in on him to quickly now. And everybody knows now how to work him over the edge.

You're welcome.

It was true in ‘00. If half the people that voted for Nader in NH voted for Gore instead, he’d have won the state and FL would have been moot.

Third Party voting has always helped the other side win

Look at Woodrow Wilson
George Wallace helped Nixon win
Ross Perot helped Clinton
Ralph Nader helped Bush

You're welcome.

Your premise is stupid and avoids the reality of third party numerical division.

Forum List

Back