Your Will Be Done On Earth As It Is In Heaven?

biblical

Dec 23, 2012
Matthew 6:10 - Your Will be done on earth as it is in heaven

According to Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior, the Will of God on earth is as it is in heaven?
In other words, the Will of God on earth has to resemble, reflect, mirror or imitate the Will of God in heaven?
And if anyone should really know, what the Will of God on earth should look like, shouldn't Jesus, the head of Christianity know?
Are the many things, situations, circumstances and events, that are called or referred to as the Will of God on earth or acts of God, as it is in heaven? Do these things, situations, circumstances and events exist or happen in heaven?
According to Jesus Christ, can anything that doesn't exist or happen in heaven, be the Will of God on earth?
Do storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes and other unfortunate events like accidents, sickness and disease, death and destruction exist or happen in heaven?
Should we believe Jesus Christ or human opinion and experience?

Salvation

Attempting to think logically about the messages people get via the Bible is sort of an exercise in futility.

If the people reading that thought logically?

they would not bother reading it.

People read the Bible with FAITH, not logic.

According to Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior, the Will of God on earth is as it is in heaven?
In other words, the Will of God on earth has to resemble, reflect, mirror or imitate the Will of God in heaven?
And if anyone should really know, what the Will of God on earth should look like, shouldn't Jesus, the head of Christianity know?
Are the many things, situations, circumstances and events, that are called or referred to as the Will of God on earth or acts of God, as it is in heaven? Do these things, situations, circumstances and events exist or happen in heaven?
According to Jesus Christ, can anything that doesn't exist or happen in heaven, be the Will of God on earth?
Do storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes and other unfortunate events like accidents, sickness and disease, death and destruction exist or happen in heaven?

Salvation

Jesus prayed for Gods will to occur on earth as it is in heaven---because Gods will is not what the majority( 99%) are doing. Upon the arrival of Gods kingdom--only those who do Gods will now will be allowed to enter that kingdom-Matt 7:21

What IS 'Gods will'? :dunno:

Gods will on Earth as it is in Heaven...

Is suffering Gods will? There's a lot of it, so it must either be His will, or He's impotent to stop it.

Is hate Gods will? There's a lot of it, so it must either be His will, or He's impotent to stop it.

Is cruelty Gods will? There's a lot of that too.

Is unfairness?

Etc.?

Etc.?

Etc.?

Salvation

There are two kingdoms so you don't understand this passage.

Jesus is teaching us to pray for God's will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Why would He teach us to do that if we were doing God's will on earth?

The problem is the vast majority of us aren't doing God's will. We are doing as we please. If we submit ourselves to God's will, we will accomplish much more than we can do on our own.

Attempting to think logically about the messages people get via the Bible is sort of an exercise in futility.

If the people reading that thought logically?

they would not bother reading it.

People read the Bible with FAITH, not logic.

I don't find faith and logic to be mutually exclusive. I think it's wise to realize the limitations and strengths of both.

Logic is limited in that if we put bad information in, we get bad conclusions. And we falsely assume that logic is the only way to learn truth. It's not.

But learning by faith doesn't mean we are illogical. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Jesus is teaching us to pray for God's will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Why would He teach us to do that if we were doing God's will on earth?

The problem is the vast majority of us aren't doing God's will. We are doing as we please. If we submit ourselves to God's will, we will accomplish much more than we can do on our own.

Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

First, you have to pray for His kingdom to come. When we pray, we're usually praying for "my kingdom" to come because we have requests and wants. We're to pray, "Thy kingdom come" and why do we have to pray for His kingdom to come? Because Satan is the god of this world:

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Matthew 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Did you hear the argument? "Can. Can't. Can. Can't"? No. Jesus didn't argue with Satan.

2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Salvation

Everything that exists whether visible or invisible is in the Will of God, which is His eternal plan. We are under a very strong delusion in this first age that will come to an end soon. in the next age, we'll never understand what storms are, or accidents, sickness, disease, anger, jealousy, hate, false prophets, Old Covenant, etc.

All God's people are doing God's will, whether they are under the Old Covenant "veil" or the saints who are in Christ. God's will is His eternal plan for His creation. It cannot be changed by any of His created "beings", no matter how hard they try change it through their prayers.

Is suffering Gods will? There's a lot of it, so it must either be His will, or He's impotent to stop it.

Is hate Gods will? There's a lot of it, so it must either be His will, or He's impotent to stop it.

Is unfairness?

Etc.?

Etc.?

Etc.?

Everything was created as invisible wavelengths of energy called information, which are the thoughts of our Creator. This energy has to be processed before we can understand a defined world to experience ourselves in flesh and the earthly things around us.

On earth as it is in Heaven, doesn't mean that earth reflects Heaven in any way. In fact when Satan tempted Christ, Satan offered Christ 3 things, power, glory and kingdom because he has all three here on earth to offer.

God's will, will be realized when Christ returns. Then "thine" will be the power, glory and kingdom on earth, as it is in Heaven. Heaven will eventually relocate to earth permanently.
Hi sweetie Joe. When Christ does away with Satan, misery will go with him.

Last edited:

Salvation

Jesus prayed for Gods will to occur on earth as it is in heaven---because Gods will is not what the majority( 99%) are doing. Upon the arrival of Gods kingdom--only those who do Gods will now will be allowed to enter that kingdom-Matt 7:21

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not everyone.............I never knew you......

The scripture you cited does not explain 'Matthew 6:10' nor is it relevant. If you read 'Matthew 7:21' plus Matthew 7:22-23, you get a full understanding of it's meaning. The scripture you cited is referring to people, who do good deeds by claiming they are doing it in the name of the God or for God, but without ever becoming Christians, because in 'Matthew 7:23', it says, Jesus will say to them, 'I never knew you'? Jesus will not say, 'I don't know you', but He will say, 'I never knew you', never ever knew you?
If these people had been Christians and later changed to something, Jesus would say, 'I don't know you'? But by saying, 'I never Knew you', Jesus is clearly saying, that these people were never ever Christians?

The devil is pretty much having his way "on earth" right now... as is indicated by the rise of things like homosexuality and war, and less and less people identifying as being Christian, and it'll get worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

Salvation

The scripture you cited does not explain 'Matthew 6:10' nor is it relevant. If you read 'Matthew 7:21' plus Matthew 7:22-23, you get a full understanding of it's meaning. The scripture you cited is referring to people, who do good deeds by claiming they are doing it in the name of the God or for God, but without ever becoming Christians, because in 'Matthew 7:23', it says, Jesus will say to them, 'I never knew you'? Jesus will not say, 'I don't know you', but He will say, 'I never knew you', never ever knew you?
If these people had been Christians and later changed to something, Jesus would say, 'I don't know you'? But by saying, 'I never Knew you', Jesus is clearly saying, that these people were never ever Christians?

It means I never ever knew you. It is emphatic in the Greek.

Is unfairness?

Etc.?

Etc.?

Etc.?

Everything was created as invisible wavelengths of energy called information, which are the thoughts of our Creator. This energy has to be processed before we can understand a defined world to experience ourselves in flesh and the earthly things around us.

Processed or blocked...
:tinfoil:

On earth as it is in Heaven, doesn't mean that earth reflects Heaven in any way. In fact when Satan tempted Christ, Satan offered Christ 3 things, power, glory and kingdom because he has all three here on earth to offer.

God's will, will be realized when Christ returns. Then "thine" will be the power, glory and kingdom on earth, as it is in Heaven. Heaven will eventually relocate to earth permanently.
Hi sweetie Joe. When Christ does away with Satan, misery will go with him.

I'm having a hard time waiting. Of course, so has history...

`

Salvation

Those who do powerful works in Jesus name do it out of a powerful love--Jesus pointed out the problems-2) they did not do Gods will--and they were workers of iniquity( lawlessness) = practicers of sin. And by saying--I must confess I never even knew you--Jesus is telling them their names are not found written in the book of life. this scenario is judgement time. Religious clergy cast out demons, not the followers. You are wrong about them not being told they are Christian-- there are many wolves in sheeps clothing pretending to be Christian. in every religion that claims to be Christian.

Forum List

Back