Your solution to the illegal immigration problem

The government's been cracking down on the border? What planet are you living on, James? The governor of Texas, Rick Perry, has been waiting on the feds for more help for MONTHS.

From the washingtonindependent.com

"Rick Perry asks Obama for More Troops" 08/09/10

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) hand-delivered a letter to President Barack Obama today requesting 1,000 additional troops to the Texas-Mexico border. Obama deployed 1,200 National Guard troops to states bordering Mexico on Aug. 1, but only 250 were sent to Texas. In the full letter, Perry called the National Guard deployment “clearly insufficient.”
He also echoed other Republican politicians who have argued border enforcement will be necessary before Congress can take up comprehensive immigration reform:

America cannot have a rational discussion of immigration reform without real, effective border security. The federal government must step up and finally do what is needed to secure our borders.

----------------------

Look, I am from Texas and I can tell you right now that we need that help. We need it and Obama won't give it. Don't you EVER, EVER try and tell me we CAN'T SECURE OUR BORDERS. Because that is a fucking lie.

Ever hear of the secure fence act? Yeah it didn't do much good now did it?

Don't act like Obama's not the only one not securing the border-the Republicans had 6 years from 2000-2006 where they held the presidency, house, and senate and didn't beef up security.

And how do you plan on securing 1,950 miles of border with manpower? That's why it can't be done-so you tell me. HOW CAN WE SECURE OUR BORDERS? Because that is the lie.

Not all of the border is accessible....so you don't have to throw a fence up on the entire border, but you would have to increase manpower....that is if you really are serious about securing the border. ( which obviously, your not ).
So your saying because Geo. Bush didn't do it in his tenure that Obama shouldn't do it? Bush SHOULD HAVE secured the border...his failure.

If they would have done it under Reagan when the last amnesty was granted this wouldn't have been an issue.....and they were suppose to, with a democratic Congress and Senate at the time.
This is why we need to secure the border first this time so we don't let these damn politicians get away with it again. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND WHY, NOW???????

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is you can't blame solely blame Democrats for not doing anything about it-it's a failure from BOTH parties.

I asked a VERY straightforward question that a few people seem to be avoiding: HOW would you secure the border? Not why.

You can say we need to secure the border until your blue in the face-but if you don't have any means of doing so-then quite frankly the point is mute.

As for my personal views which you brushed upon? I want to secure the border-I just don't see how it's realistically possible (for the record I am all for changing the constitution so that being born here doesn't automatically grant citizenship). Manpower's good-but with a stretch of land that large, it's going to take a HUGE amount, which would put a larger strain on the current deficit, and would be raising spending by quite a bit (something I think we can't afford to do as a country).

Last edited:
Hey everyone, we all know that illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, one way or another. So my question is this: how would you handle it? In my opinion, there's no easy solution. It would be virtually impossible to deport all the illegals here now, and on top of that we wont ever be able to realistically stop them from coming over here. They come over to have a better life in the US, and are willing to risk their lives to do so, so I don't think border security is the answer. With all this, I think we need to do something about it.

So I don't really have any realistic answers: so what's yours?

Make it less attractive to be an illegal here.

Stop giving ANY aid to them. No medical, no school, no food stamps...NOTHING!

Make it illegal to give them jobs or rent them places to stay, unless they come in on a LEGAL visa for migrant work.

Change the laws that any child born to an illegal is not a US citizen. Deport any woman who comes in to have a baby along with her child the moment its born.

Don't act like Obama's not the only one not securing the border-the Republicans had 6 years from 2000-2006 where they held the presidency, house, and senate and didn't beef up security.

And how do you plan on securing 1,950 miles of border with manpower? That's why it can't be done-so you tell me. HOW CAN WE SECURE OUR BORDERS? Because that is the lie.

Not all of the border is accessible....so you don't have to throw a fence up on the entire border, but you would have to increase manpower....that is if you really are serious about securing the border. ( which obviously, your not ).
So your saying because Geo. Bush didn't do it in his tenure that Obama shouldn't do it? Bush SHOULD HAVE secured the border...his failure.

If they would have done it under Reagan when the last amnesty was granted this wouldn't have been an issue.....and they were suppose to, with a democratic Congress and Senate at the time.
This is why we need to secure the border first this time so we don't let these damn politicians get away with it again. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND WHY, NOW???????

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is you can't blame solely blame Democrats for not doing anything about it-it's a failure from BOTH parties.

I asked a VERY straightforward question that a few people seem to be avoiding: HOW would you secure the border? Not why.

You can say we need to secure the border until your blue in the face-but if you don't have any means of doing so-then quite frankly the point is mute.

As for my personal views which you brushed upon? I want to secure the border-I just don't see how it's realistically possible (for the record I am all for changing the constitution so that being born here doesn't automatically grant citizenship). Manpower's good-but with a stretch of land that large, it's going to take a HUGE amount, which would put a larger strain on the current deficit, and would be raising spending by quite a bit (something I think we can't afford to do as a country).

You sir, are blind to what is being said. The border can be secured and it has been stated in your own thread on how. Your in denial, and say "It can't be done"....BULLSHIT! Other countries do it...Russia, China with much larger borders than our own!!!!!! You have no idea what your talking about with deficit spending. We will save money in the long run and your in denial about that, also!!!!! Your a partisan who wants open borders....a garden variety partisan, I might add. You have no idea what your talking about. I'm done with your thread so you can spew your bullshit until the cows come home.

You sir, are blind to what is being said. The border can be secured and it has been stated in your own thread on how. Your in denial, and say "It can't be done"....BULLSHIT! Other countries do it...Russia, China with much larger borders than our own!!!!!! You have no idea what your talking about with deficit spending. We will save money in the long run and your in denial about that, also!!!!! Your a partisan who wants open borders....a garden variety partisan, I might add. You have no idea what your talking about. I'm done with your thread so you can spew your bullshit until the cows come home.

Way to answer my simple question of "how can we secure the border". All you said was "it can be", and "it has already been answered". Don't have any ideas of your own I see?

Yeah you really showed me! :clap2:

............:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey everyone, we all know that illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, one way or another. So my question is this: how would you handle it? In my opinion, there's no easy solution. It would be virtually impossible to deport all the illegals here now, and on top of that we wont ever be able to realistically stop them from coming over here. They come over to have a better life in the US, and are willing to risk their lives to do so, so I don't think border security is the answer. With all this, I think we need to do something about it.

Make it less attractive to be an illegal here.

Stop giving ANY aid to them. No medical, no school, no food stamps...NOTHING!

Make it illegal to give them jobs or rent them places to stay, unless they come in on a LEGAL visa for migrant work.

Change the laws that any child born to an illegal is not a US citizen. Deport any woman who comes in to have a baby along with her child the moment its born.

All good ideas. I think this is much more realistic than some of the other ideas thrown around.

With that attitude....your right, we won't be able to stop them. Having said that.....before we go any farther with immigration reform we have to be able to secure our borders....just like every other country in the world seems to be able to do.
After the borders are secured then we can address the path to citizenship for those who ARE an asset to our great nation. No anchor babies....no bringing over the vast number of relatives.
But....it all begins with securing our border.

My solution is first seal the border, second deport every illegal alien as they are found and heavily fine any employer that hired them. If you want to get extreme, you could start a season on illegals with no bag limit or simply put up a bounty for each one killed or captured. I would also deny them all social benefits i.e. education, foodstamps, medical care etc....

Well securing the border would cost billions of dollars-something our country cannot currently afford. And the money being pumped into securing the border right now doesn't seem to have much effect. I also don't see the need to secure the Canadian border...Canadians don't immigrate illegally to the US.

So how would you pay for securing the borders? It would only pile on our deficit.

Wrong, the Federal Government has announced that it will start to reduce the number of troops in Afghanistan. We have troops available to deploy to the border and begin making a significant difference in the number of illegals and drug cross our borders. These troops will get paid ether way. The addition of manpower, assets and technology will provide much needed help to Customs and Border Patrol and ICE in prevention, incarceration, identification, and deportation of illegals. One thing I will agree with is cutting off all social services (welfare, unemployment, food stamps, medical, etc). The money saved from these services could help with other financial needs to reducing the numbers of illegal aliens (of any nationality). Americans and it’s Government has the right to change the rules at any time to protect the US, and this is the right time to rethink our current laws and decide if this Nation can afford to allow people to continue to flood into this country and continue to lower the living standards of it’s own citizens. It’s unfortunate for these illegals that their own country is in even worse condition than the US but like Americans they need to put pressure on their Government to make their country a better place for them to live. It may be racial for some Americans but it’s economical for all Americans.

I think you're missing my point. My point is we can't really secure our borders. I agree it would cost a lot-but how much effect would it have? Lately the government's been cracking down on the border, and it's fair to say the results have been virtually non-existent.

How would you secure it? Build a fence? Done. Didn't work. Build a bigger fence? They find another way around. Hire more border patrols-they keep trying til they get through. Regardless of what we did to secure the border-they would adapt and still get here one way or another. People who are risking their lives to get here have nothing to lose. You can't keep people who have nothing to lose out forever. Beefing up the border security would just mean it would take them longer, or be harder for them to get here-but they still would.

edit:although I do agree taking the financial aid the government gives to illegals.

The government's been cracking down on the border? What planet are you living on, James? The governor of Texas, Rick Perry, has been waiting on the feds for more help for MONTHS.

From the washingtonindependent.com

"Rick Perry asks Obama for More Troops" 08/09/10

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) hand-delivered a letter to President Barack Obama today requesting 1,000 additional troops to the Texas-Mexico border. Obama deployed 1,200 National Guard troops to states bordering Mexico on Aug. 1, but only 250 were sent to Texas. In the full letter, Perry called the National Guard deployment “clearly insufficient.”
He also echoed other Republican politicians who have argued border enforcement will be necessary before Congress can take up comprehensive immigration reform:

America cannot have a rational discussion of immigration reform without real, effective border security. The federal government must step up and finally do what is needed to secure our borders.

----------------------

Look, I am from Texas and I can tell you right now that we need that help. We need it and Obama won't give it. Don't you EVER, EVER try and tell me we CAN'T SECURE OUR BORDERS. Because that is a fucking lie.

Unfortunately Speeddemmon22 is right you don’t listen real well. The need for military assistance is a crucial first step. The military has the assets that smaller agencies are unable to obtain due to cost. The added manpower will put more patrols with greater frequency in those areas hit hardest, plus the assets the military could provide (in manpower, vehicles, and added air support) would make it easier to capture those that make it across. And how do you secure almost 2000 miles of border? Well what works in some areas may not work in others. Some areas ground patrols are good enough others will take a more direct approach like a ¼ mile DMZ (a mine field) and some areas would need regular air patrols. Claiming there’s way is a cowards way out unzip your pants check for a set of balls and man up or give them back to your wife you shouldn’t try to use them without supervision.

With that attitude....your right, we won't be able to stop them. Having said that.....before we go any farther with immigration reform we have to be able to secure our borders....just like every other country in the world seems to be able to do.
After the borders are secured then we can address the path to citizenship for those who ARE an asset to our great nation. No anchor babies....no bringing over the vast number of relatives.
But....it all begins with securing our border.

My solution is first seal the border, second deport every illegal alien as they are found and heavily fine any employer that hired them. If you want to get extreme, you could start a season on illegals with no bag limit or simply put up a bounty for each one killed or captured. I would also deny them all social benefits i.e. education, foodstamps, medical care etc....

Well securing the border would cost billions of dollars-something our country cannot currently afford. And the money being pumped into securing the border right now doesn't seem to have much effect. I also don't see the need to secure the Canadian border...Canadians don't immigrate illegally to the US.

So how would you pay for securing the borders? It would only pile on our deficit.

We already pay the national gaurd troops. And what better way to get them used to a desert enviroment that they would most likrly see in the middle east.

Busses and bullets.

Don't put them in prisons. They aren't worth wasting my taxes on. Put them on a bus, or put them in the ground.

Active investigations of all Businesses. Fines and eventual jail time for any business that hires illegals. Get caught twice you get fined heavy. Third time and after Jail time for those involved in hiring.

Active investigations and raids on businesses to DEPORT illegals. No more turn them loose for a later court day. Deport them within 3 days of catching them without release at all.

Cut off all Federal Funds to any lower level Government that proclaims itself a sanctuary site. Give them 3 months to change the ruling and then begin arresting officials that enforce such illegal actions under Federal laws dealing with disobeying Federal Laws.

REQUIRE schools to verify citizenship or legal status of all parents and guardians. With enforcement of deportation against those caught illegal. This INCLUDES colleges and Universities, except there they have to verify the citizenship or legal status of the Student.

Secure the borders. Use the military until such time as civilian forces are able to handle it. Fine Mexico every time they aid or abet illegal crossing of the border. Treat Mexico as an unfriendly State until they cease and desist such activity. Cut off all foreign assistance to Mexico until they cease and desist.

Sealing the border will not be cheap but it will pay for itself in the long run. Considering the price we currently pay each year for these illegal parasites.

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year FAIR: Immigration and Welfare

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
[Center for Immigration Studies

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word ofEnglish
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
CNN.com - Transcripts

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services by the American taxpayers.
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html (broken link)

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. CNN.com - Transcripts

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens.. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US
CNN.com - Transcripts

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U.S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report.
Redirecting...

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.html

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States
Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Ph.D. - Criminal Profiler : Crime & Terrorism investigation resources

Our 2010 estimate that illegal immigration is costing US taxpayers $113 billion per year may be found in our publication The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers.

FAIR: The Cost of Immigration

I think you're missing my point. My point is we can't really secure our borders. I agree it would cost a lot-but how much effect would it have? Lately the government's been cracking down on the border, and it's fair to say the results have been virtually non-existent.

How would you secure it? Build a fence? Done. Didn't work. Build a bigger fence? They find another way around. Hire more border patrols-they keep trying til they get through. Regardless of what we did to secure the border-they would adapt and still get here one way or another. People who are risking their lives to get here have nothing to lose. You can't keep people who have nothing to lose out forever. Beefing up the border security would just mean it would take them longer, or be harder for them to get here-but they still would.

edit:although I do agree taking the financial aid the government gives to illegals.

There is a fence along the entire border?? No there isn't, so it hasn't been "done". The man powere requested by the border states has not been met, so again, beefing up border patrol hasn't been "done". I suppose you're pointing to the 1200 soldiers Obama sent, you know the ones that are tendingto administration duties and not out patrolling the border. We needed 12,000 he sent 1,200.

It does seem like your giving up without even trying. We can build a fence or wall that will keep illegals out or at least make it extremely difficult for them to get in and all it takes is some American ingenuity, money and time.

The point your missing, is that when we stop all social benefits for illegals, i.e. free education, medical care, foodstamps etc... and start seriously fining those that employ illegals, essentially making America less inviting for those that wish to come here illegally.

Think about it, they have just about every right an American citizen has and are entitiled to the same social benefits, this is wrong and needs to be changed.

We all know how much it costs to have all these illegals here - but - does anybody care??? I think not - especially WA!!

Our Government, has allowed the invasion of 30 million criminals in direct violation of Article IV, Section IV of our Constitution. they force American tax payers to pay Billions to provide Welfare, Prison cells, Educate the invaders children, free medical care,massive document fraud, & are destroying our schools, hospitals, communities, culture while Robbing, Raping, Killing & Assaulting American Citizens WAKE UP PEOPLE!
.youtube.com/watch?v=tsH8xvjTAlo
.youtube.com/watch?v=Btj6IeOFkis&feature=player_embedded
immigrationcounters.com/
.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp
.immigrationshumancost.org/
.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty580.htm
.youtube.com/watch?v=muw22wTePqQ
.gopetition.com/petition/40860.html
Every Non-representative including obama and holder need to be IMPEACHED! for not upholding the oath of office they swore to defend the Constitution! If these clowns were to do their job, this would all be a Moot point!
Anchor babies and their criminal parents go, period, and cut the phony tears, you knew you were breaking the law when you crossed the border.

Next shut down any business hiring illegal labor and confiscate all property belonging to the owner. Property will be sold at auction and the proceeds to pay for the massive deportation. Oh and owners go to jail.
Got a better idea? Lets here it!

Our deadbeat Federal Government should afford each State the right to make its own laws regarding the enforcement of illegal immigration laws. That would fucking help.

Originally posted by RetiredGySgt
Fine Mexico every time they aid or abet illegal crossing of the border.

Treat Mexico as an unfriendly State until they cease and desist such activity.

Cut off all foreign assistance to Mexico until they cease and desist.

Habanero_closeup_edit2.jpg

Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d). Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both. (INA § 264(e))

You need to carry a basic identity document such as your passport plus:

For F-1 students and F-2 dependents: I-20 and I-94
For J-1 students/scholars and J-2 dependents: DS-2019 and I-94
For H-1B and O-1 employees and their H-4 and O-3 dependents: I-797 approval notice and I-94
For TN employees and their TD dependents: I-94 and I-797 if one has been issued. Note that TNs and TDs do not always have forms I-797.
This is normal.
For Lawful Permanent Residents: Form I-551, the "green card"
UNF International Center - Registration, Documents, and Address Reporting for Aliens

Forum List

Back