Your singing voice

Who do you sound like? What's your range? Can you sing in front of others? Have you sang to someone, or had someone sing to you?

LMAO!

No, no, no, no, no, no...... anything else in terms of singing?

• Banned
You don't sing along with songs you're listening to, or in the shower? I love to sing!

I've never sang to anybody, but my first love once sang along at me "Wish you could come, but I don't need no woman tagging along." ;)

I have a pretty extensive range, so there aren't a lot of people I can't sing along with. Simon & Garfunkel are probably my favorite.

I've been told I sound like Leo Kottke...

who once compared his singing voice to "goose farts in the wind"...

here's one of his tunes...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cweBs-tdaA]Leo Kottke - Pamela Brown - YouTube[/ame]

Who do you sound like? What's your range? Can you sing in front of others? Have you sang to someone, or had someone sing to you?
I can do Stevie Ray Vaughn almost perfect. "Pride and Joy" is my favorite tune of his to sing (I always dedicate that to my wife!). I also like to do Stone Temple Pilots stuff.

After having spent nearly 10 years living in Japan I've become real comfortable singing in front of people. Being a foreigner, I usually got all kinds of requests for stuff:
Beatles
Happy Birthday
Frank Sinatra
I learned the words to NY NY and My Way by singing it live!
Wham! (Yes, I sang Careless Whisper)

The best thing to do when confronted with the average sleepy Karaoke crowd is sing something outrageous like NIN "Fuck You Like an Animal" or Henry Rollins "Monster" or any Sex Pistols if it's available. :lol:

I sang this at a friends wedding recently.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng]ADELE - 'Make You Feel My Love' - YouTube[/ame]

So, yea, I do - very occasionally (and under huge protest) sing in public.

I love to sing. I was in choir, in school and in church, growing up and into adulthood. I still sing in the car and with my kids.

Growing up, we would have family sing alongs. My sister would play guitar, and we would all sing classic folk songs. My mother sang us to sleep when we were little, and I had a cousin and uncle who played the accordion (!) at family gatherings, and everybody would sing.

When I was young, I had the biggest range in the school. My comfort zone is second soprano/alto...but I could sing tenor and first soprano as well. I had a very strong voice, a tendency to go flat, so I was placed next to the truest singer, and together we could carry the section.

My voice isn't strong anymore, not like it used to be, because I no longer practice (mi mi mi mi mo mo mo mo mo ma ma ma ma) (do re me) but I still love to sing. I recently moved and I'm hoping that my new church has an active choir.

I don't have a terrific voice and never have, and I'm positively reedy now on the higher notes. But even a faulty voice can go far with a little training and I've always loved singing.

When I sing, most of the time I sound just like Elvis but now and then I sound like Toby Keith. I sing in the shower just about every day. I can sing in front of others and have no fear of doing so but for some reason, when I sing they all run away. Go figure.

Sang lead vocals for three years in the mid 70s, rock, R&B, jazz. I still sing but only for my own pleasure. My voice is stuck between baritone and tenor which means I don't do a good basso or high tenor.

I sand solo in junior high and early high school choir.
Then I quit the choir and sang in a pretty lousy band for a couple years.

I love rock and roll, but I have a country singing voice...so trying to sing rock didn't work out too well. People always said I sang like Don Williams minus the southern accent.
The last time I sang in front of people was at a company Christmas party at least 10 years ago....they seemed to have liked it.
My Grandfather was a singer/guitar player for the Grand Ol' Opry in the 40's before the war.

I love to sing. I was in choir, in school and in church, growing up and into adulthood. I still sing in the car and with my kids.

Growing up, we would have family sing alongs. My sister would play guitar, and we would all sing classic folk songs. My mother sang us to sleep when we were little, and I had a cousin and uncle who played the accordion (!) at family gatherings, and everybody would sing.

When I was young, I had the biggest range in the school. My comfort zone is second soprano/alto...but I could sing tenor and first soprano as well. I had a very strong voice, a tendency to go flat, so I was placed next to the truest singer, and together we could carry the section.

My voice isn't strong anymore, not like it used to be, because I no longer practice (mi mi mi mi mo mo mo mo mo ma ma ma ma) (do re me) but I still love to sing. I recently moved and I'm hoping that my new church has an active choir.

I don't have a terrific voice and never have, and I'm positively reedy now on the higher notes. But even a faulty voice can go far with a little training and I've always loved singing.

You all sound like the Corrs! :)

When I sing, most of the time I sound just like Elvis but now and then I sound like Toby Keith. I sing in the shower just about every day. I can sing in front of others and have no fear of doing so but for some reason, when I sing they all run away. Go figure.

LIES! *about the running*

Do you have a song you love to sing?

One of my favorites is "Me & Bobby McGee". Journey and Bon Jovi have a lot I'm comfortable with.

I went to church today and didn't know any of the songs they sang.

Thank goodness I wasn't singing solo is all I can say. I let my kids carry the section this time, lol...

I sound like Barry White with laryngitis. I'm the only one in three generation of my family who wasn't in chorus, the choir or a singing group. Every holiday or family reunion was full singing, I lip synced. But in my car, I'm great.

I was lucky to be born into a family in the arts. My mother taught piano and I was always around so I watched and learned. My sister was heavily into music so we would sing all her favorite radio songs.

I sing and write music.

Forum List

Back