Your opinion about "The Rachel Maddow Show"

Hello!

I'm learning English and have a class with American woman teacher on Skype. Yesterday she recommended me to watch "The Rachel Maddow Show".
Is it popular show in the USA and what's your opinion about it?
Get an avatar, Moron.

Is it a custom to speak to the people in this manner?

Unfortunately, it is...and I am guilty of it too.

Although, I will say the response does not fit the situation.

I suggest you ignore people like this person......he is generally considered one of the bigger idiots on the board.

Her show is great with in depth information.

Which would be true if you knew what she doesn't tell you.

She is smart and I really liked her when she first came on the scene. But she emphasizes what is important to her. She basically spins by not being fair and balanced.

Hello!

I'm learning English and have a class with American woman teacher on Skype. Yesterday she recommended me to watch "The Rachel Maddow Show".

/---- I never miss Rachel's show. I never watch it so I never miss it.

She is smart and I really liked her when she first came on the scene. But she emphasizes what is important to her. She basically spins by not being fair and balanced.

You can't grade someone on what they don't say. That's like saying Jordan was a shirt player because you're counting the shot's he didn't take.

You can't grade someone on what they don't say. That's like saying Jordan was a shirt player because you're counting the shot's he didn't take.

Really ?

Go ahead and withhold information during a trial....and see how fast they grade you.

And your basketball analogy is beyond stupid.

She presents information. She generally presents one side and one side only. Not fair and balanced.

Maddow does an excellent job of presenting the news from a left wing perspective. Top shelf, probably the best on teevee. And if a conservative is willing to expose themselves to opinions and views which are contrary to theirs - and they should - she's the best resource.

I heard somewhere recently that she referred to herself as an objective reporter. I hope that isn't what she said, because that would be pretty disappointing. I hope she doesn't really think that. She's clearly an "advocate journalist", and being an advocate means heavy bias.

Last edited:
Maddow does an excellent job of presenting the news from a left wing perspective. Top shelf, probably the best on teevee. And if a conservative is willing to expose themselves to opinions and views which are contrary to theirs - and they should - she's the best resource.

I heard somewhere recently that she referred to herself as an objective reporter. I hope that isn't what she said, because that would be pretty disappointing. I hope she doesn't really think that. She's clearly an "advocate journalist", and being an advocate means heavy bias.
Sorry, I find that ridiculous. Maddow is a talking head, nothing more. If you want to hear an intelligent left leaning perspective listen to NPR. NPR has gone down hill in the last decade but makes Maddow and MSNBC sound like brain dead children. I mean really, do you honestly believe Maddow has ever done any research in her life? It's obvious she sits in the green room and waits for some one to hand her a script, nothing more. She is not a journalist, she is a talking head.

Sorry, I find that ridiculous. Maddow is a talking head, nothing more. If you want to hear an intelligent left leaning perspective listen to NPR. NPR has gone down hill in the last decade but makes Maddow and MSNBC sound like brain dead children. I mean really, do you honestly believe Maddow has ever done any research in her life? It's obvious she sits in the green room and waits for some one to hand her a script, nothing more. She is not a journalist, she is a talking head.
Just curious - would you say the same about Hannity?

You know, I like Rachel Maddow's show, mainly because she's not afraid to have people on her show who disagree with her. Rick Santorum has been on her show a couple of times, and so have other conservatives. She talks to them in a polite and civil manner, but she won't let them get away with not answering the question.

Shoot................Kelly Anne Conway has even been on her show a couple of times.

And, if she reports something in error, you can bet that she will issue a correction as soon as she knows that she was wrong, and she publicly admits it on her show.

But the best part? Her show on Friday evenings has something she calls a "Cocktail Moment" at the end of her show where she tells you about a new cocktail that she's heard of and she shows you how to mix it.

And yeah, she speaks at about a H.S. level, so if you're going to learn English, that would be a good resource.

Absolutely. Although I believe Hannity is way more well read than Maddow. He occasionally comes up with his own perspective, Maddow always regurgitates the leftwing talking points of the day. I've watched Maddow quite a bit, If I catch the day's news before I watch her I can tell you exactly what she is going to say. My wife used to get mad at me for it, now she laughs and say's
"what's the pinhead going to say today".

Absolutely. Although I believe Hannity is way more well read than Maddow. He occasionally comes up with his own perspective, Maddow always regurgitates the leftwing talking points of the day. I've watched Maddow quite a bit, If I catch the day's news before I watch her I can tell you exactly what she is going to say. My wife used to get mad at me for it, now she laughs and say's
And you don't feel Hannity is predictable?

Hello!

She's great......at least lately with her investigation on Russia and Putin and Oligarchs and the Trump admin. and Trump family connections!!!!

:D

Yea she is really good she broke wide open the case that Trump only paid $40,000,000,000 in taxes in just one year.

There were some very shortlived ads for her show where she said "I don't have an agenda".

I about fell off my chair in disbelief.

I agree she presents information. It's generally accurate and it is generally designed to give you one point of view.

Her emphasis is portrayed as being "the emphasis" something should be given.

And you don't feel Hannity is predictable?
Certainly. But predictable as far as Hannity. Maddow will give me the exact, verbatim talking points from the left. I'll at lest give Hannity credit for coming up with his own schtik. Maddow is just rote talking points. Watching Maddow is as predictable as watching Pravda back in the day.

I've always found the difference in left and right in this country fascinating. I'm an outdoor freak and have spent a lot of time amongst country folk, hillbillys to some. The hillbillys will argue all day long on a subject. The leftists I know will, as a group, use the exact same words, the exact same phraseology and never, ever disagree with each other. To the point of correcting each other with phrases like "no that's not what you believe". It's like back in the day when a reporter was allowed into Red China, when asked a question people first look around to see who's watching, then give a verbatim, word for word response praising the govt.

Forum List

Back