Your opinion about "The Rachel Maddow Show"

Ldkon

Sep 28, 2015
Russia
Hello!

I'm learning English and have a class with American woman teacher on Skype. Yesterday she recommended me to watch "The Rachel Maddow Show".
Is it popular show in the USA and what's your opinion about it?

As though there are many communists in the US and as though those who use the term can define it.

But with regards to Rachel, the clips I've seen of her show some good journalism but she pads out her material to fill her show, which generates impatience.

edit...just for their benefit.

In political and social sciences, communism (from Latin communis, "common, universal") is the philosophical, social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state.
Communism - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Her journalism is likely among the more accurate of all the shows, including the comedy satires which are what your teacher should have recommended. Check them out. Oliver and Myers (sp) and Noah.

Hello!

I'm learning English and have a class with American woman teacher on Skype. Yesterday she recommended me to watch "The Rachel Maddow Show".
She's great......at least lately with her investigation on Russia and Putin and Oligarchs and the Trump admin. and Trump family connections!!!!

:D

Hello!

She's great......at least lately with her investigation on Russia and Putin and Oligarchs and the Trump admin. and Trump family connections!!!!

Yes, GREAT investigation by Maddow:

:cuckoo:

Maddow is VERY POLITICAL. As strange as it sounds you'd be better off with watching some of the kids programs like Sesame Street for a start; they break down the language to a very simple form.Depending on your ability with English, conversational English at a higher level and sit-coms are a good match.

I looked for good programs for ESL students. This came up:

10 Best Modern American Sitcoms to Learn English | FluentU English

There are others of course.

Greg

Hello!

You may also find this useful. The English (UK) have an excellent site supporting their National Curriculum. They cover ALL SUBJECTS and all age groups. Key Stage 1(KS1) is for little children, KS2 for a bit older and KS3 for early teenagers. GCSE English is more to your standard I think(Middle High School).

BBC Bitesize - GCSE English Language

Greg

Hello!

Maddow is the man! Best show on cable.

You have a wise teacher

You will learn a lot watching Rachel Maddow

Hello!

Yes, GREAT investigation by Maddow:

:cuckoo:

oh that was just a little distraction orchestrated by Trump....to get her off her Russia investigation on money laundering....

Hello!

Get an avatar, Moron.

To whose manner of speaking are you referring? It might be the customary manner to speak to the audience.

Hello!

Get an avatar, Moron.

Is it a custom to speak to the people in this manner?
No, it isn't. The poster would never call you a moron to your face.

No problem, I don't know rules of this forum, morons. Now it's good. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back