Your Heart Is Precious

lightshedder

Rookie
Mar 6, 2014
I am a blogger. I wrote this for my own visitors. I only wanted to share it with you to give you a notion of what other people think.

America must be a good place to live these days. Unemployment there has dropped to a six-year low. Also in France the unemployed can dream once again. Statistics show that France had 11,000 fewer job seekers last month: the first decrease since October 2013. In my country, unemployment is going up, not down. The rate is around 10 %. Still, those 90 % are lucky to have work. Most of these 90 % are married and have children. A great number of them have homes of their own, many have cars, etc. It’s only those 10 % that are more or less suffering. Should they suffer? Should they accept their situation? Shouldn’t there be somebody to blame for their situation? The government, for example?

French President’s approval rating has reached record lows, and everybody is linking that to the President’s presumed failure to deliver on job creation and economic growth. Paradoxically, there are plenty of jobs in the U.S., and yet President Barack Obama gets little credit for it from the public. Gossip has it that if the German economy has been so good, until six months ago anyway, it’s because most employed people there are somewhat underpaid. (A minimum wage was introduced in Germany only recently.) Nevertheless, German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s popularity remains sky-high. In Ghaza and the West Bank 30 to 60 % of people are on the dole. The blame there is laid at the door of the Israeli Occupation. In Tunisia and Egypt the scapegoat for rising unemployment is the Arab Spring.

The blame game is part of human nature. We all blame others for our misfortunes. When there’s nobody specific to blame, we blame bad luck. But let’s be objective for a moment! The best intentioned, most competent government can’t guarantee jobs for all. The most compassionate, most patriotic business establishment in the world can’t guarantee lasting economic growth. There will always be a minority of “unlucky” people. Even highly educated people (doctors, engineers…) may be surprised not to find suitable jobs. (See my article Salam Layla 5.) Even governments of developed countries plead with other governments of developed countries to do better for their national economy. The French want Germans to do more for German economic growth. The Germans want the French to do more to reduce their budget deficit. The U.S. appeals to Europe to do more to get out of recession.

In my country, we often hear business people, economic analysts, and even government officials, say that if tens of thousands of our youth can’t find work it’s because their training is inadequate for business. People with degrees in Islamic Studies, History & Geography, Arabic language, Philosophy, etc., have nothing to do in the business world. They only wasted their time at Faculty. Business wants competent people. It wants engineers, managers, specialized technicians, etc. If you have a degree in the Arabic language, why don’t you be a poet? You’d do well to sell potato chips to kids in front of schools by day and write poetry and love stories at night.

A relatively recent problem for our government is that although it urgently needs thousands of teachers, including teachers of languages, History & Geography… to work in public schools, it simply can’t hire them because it can’t pay them. Most people, including myself, believe that the Government is acting in good faith. But it’s a problem of money. A much bigger problem for the Government is that, if nothing is done urgently, by 2021 it will become impossible for the State to pay retirement pensions to former State employees. This is not my personal view. This is being said by government officials, union officials, economists… Another problem for our government is that our traditional economic partners, namely Europe, are suffering. That translates for us into less tourist money and less remittance money from our fellow nationals living in Europe…

So what to do? Will you study what business wants so that business will be pleased with you? Will you sell chips by day and write poetry at night? Will you join sit-ins in front of Government buildings to pressure the Government to find you a job? Will you wait for economic recovery or better economic growth? Will you use heroin or cocaine to forget all about these problems? Will you turn to religion? Can you wait more and be steadfast when religion asks you to do so? Can you decide for yourself ? Can you defy all people around you? Can you trust yourself? Do you trust yourself in the first place?

This is a very serious problem. It’s very serious because you don’t have all the tools to deal with it. Even very highly educated people who find very demanding, very challenging job adverts in prestigious magazines, such as The Economist and TIME, and reply to those ads and pass all interviews and are accepted and do start work with good salaries…., they don’t know what may happen to them in the future. Nobody knows what the future holds. All the education and skills you got, that’s the past. You may still have to worry about marriage, if you’re not married yet, or about your children, if they’re still young, or about your health… and all that is in the future.

You may have good insurance. That insurance will only solve the money side. Insurance will not replace a lost eye, a lost breast or a lost limb. Insurance will not solve the immaterial side (feelings, affection, mental strength…) And all that is in the future. The best economic minds of the world were unable to anticipate, let alone avert, the 2008 Financial Crisis –are you sure your mind can anticipate (and avert) bad things for you? If you mind can’t, your heart may be of some help. Are you prepared to “save” at heart as you would save at a commercial bank?

This is one of several approaches, though. It may be not as easy as other approaches. You could leave it as the last resort. You could give it up in the middle of the process. But it all starts with a choice, with a decision. Normally, before you choose or decide anything you need to know about it in advance. That’s your legitimate right. The Koran, not me, explains to you your rights and obligations.

In the Koran’s eyes, the best and most precious part of you is your heart.

Verse

Verse

Verse

It’s extremely hard for people like you and me to imagine that the heart plays the role of the mind. But if you want to take on this approach, you have to adhere to the whole conceptual system. It’s all from God. Once you believe in God you have to believe in the Word of God. You believe that it’s God Who knows.

Verse

Verse

So when God explains to you, through the Koran, what you have to do and what you can expect as a reward, you have to believe Him.

As the author of this article, I am only doing the work of a reporter. I am trying my best to explain things in simple words. To begin with, your choice is very important. Do you only want to improve your material situation so as people will say you are a successful person? What are the signs of success for you? A good job, a good spouse, a good house, good children, a good image of you….? What about your personal dream(s)? Do you have a specific objective, a personal ambition, that you would love to fulfill in your lifetime? How long can you wait to see your dream come true? What are the sacrifices you are prepared to make?

Such questions will help you make your choice. The biggest of all these questions is, do you want to work for both the life of the world and the life of the Hereafter at the same time? Do not read on if the answer is no.

The Koran asks you to do what you can. Study what you can. Invest what you can. Pray as much as you can. Give as much charity as you can. Do good as much as you can. Avoid evil as best you can.

Verse

Verse

Then implore God to help you. Whether you got a first degree in Arabic from an Arab Faculty of Letters or a PhD in Physics at an American university, you have to implore God to help you. (Your PhD in Physics may bring you a good job with a multinational corporation, but not necessarily a good wife, etc.) Implore God to help you get what you want. Thank God for that PhD. Be kind unto people as God was kind unto you.

Verse

Be a good example, a good role model for others. Never forget your second life. You work for both lives at the same time.

Whatever your problem, implore God.

Verse

Verse

If your prayer is not answered, it may be a question of taqwa on your part.

Verse

It may also be some kind of punishment for some wrongdoing.

Verse

Verse

But you should never give up hope.

Verse

You should stick to this approach whatever the situation.

Verse

Verse

If something bad happens to you, you may be unable to understand why. But God says to you:

Verse

Verse

You shouldn’t lament over the past.

Verse

Always have trust in God.

Verse

Verse

Verse

Always bear in mind that you are after a double wage:

Verse

You have to believe God when He says:

Verse

Verse

Unfortunately, you will have to prove your good faith. You can’t lie to God. Be prepared for tests. If you pass the test(s) you are lucky. Those signs of success everybody is obsessed with (jib, marriage, image…) , you’ll get of it what will make you feel happy and satisfied in your heart… and people will end up respecting you –even if they looked down upon you for years and years.

Verse

Verse

And your success in this life is only a concrete sign for you that your life after death must be much better.

Verse

Verse

You can’t get that without patience. You have to endure some kind of suffering (during the test(s)). This is the price. That’s why most people would not choose this way, this approach. They want the rose without thorns. They want to find solutions with their minds, not their hearts. Now it’s up to you to choose.

Verse

Verse

Verse

verse

Unfinished yet.

Invest in Your Heart

Muslim proselytizer.

OK. But I have 3 blogs in English and 2 in French. Most of my visitors are Muslims from Egypt and Pakistan. Most of my French visitors come for my love poetry (in French). I do not write love poetry in English. So most of my English-speaking visitors come for my novels and religious posts. I have American visitors too.

pic.jpg

Forum List

Back