you will be told how to live

My son is on state medical, never been denied care and it doesn't take an md to know the risks smoking causes. When I went in for a c section they had to take extra precautions because I had been a smoker before getting pregnant.

Big surprise that since you get free medical care for your son that you want more of it. And by "free", I mean you aren't paying for it, somebody else is.

Exactly. The DOC is being paid by someone. The Money doesn't materialise out of thin air.

My son is on state medical, never been denied care and it doesn't take an md to know the risks smoking causes. When I went in for a c section they had to take extra precautions because I had been a smoker before getting pregnant.

Big surprise that since you get free medical care for your son that you want more of it. And by "free", I mean you aren't paying for it, somebody else is.
I have worked and paid taxes for years, I have paid for other people to recieve medical but I guess since I can't cover him right now I should be shit out of luck.

If you hadn't been paying for somebody else all those years, you just might have enough money to pay for family. Ever think about that?

Here is another wonderful story of government controlled health care.
Daughter saves mother, 80, left by doctors to starve - Times Online
But go ahead, keep believing that our government will be different.
my mom's first husband was kicked off his health plan because he had juvenille diabetes and had a heart attack because of this. She had to quit her job so they could recieve state assistance and medical so he could recieve care because he became wheelchair bound. When he died my mom went back to her job.
And I don't know the whole story about this lady and her grandmother but how great do you think the ladies life is right now? I would have rather died but that is my opinion. I also watched people starve to death, it is less painful than if you feed them and let them die even slower.

I have worked and paid taxes for years, I have paid for other people to recieve medical but I guess since I can't cover him right now I should be shit out of luck.

If you hadn't been paying for somebody else all those years, you just might have enough money to pay for family. Ever think about that?
but wouldn't have had a school to send my child to.
You guys like to paint this picture about how bad single mother's are because they recieve assistance from the state or federal government. Yeah I recieve help right now while I am going to school but I sure as hell don't plan on getting that help forever, hence the reason why I am going to school.

Here is another wonderful story of government controlled health care.
Daughter saves mother, 80, left by doctors to starve - Times Online
But go ahead, keep believing that our government will be different.
my mom's first husband was kicked off his health plan because he had juvenille diabetes and had a heart attack because of this. She had to quit her job so they could recieve state assistance and medical so he could recieve care because he became wheelchair bound. When he died my mom went back to her job.
And if you think the government will do a better job, you've been bamboozeled. See Social Security as an example.

And I don't know the whole story about this lady and her grandmother but how great do you think the ladies life is right now? I would have rather died but that is my opinion. I also watched people starve to death, it is less painful than if you feed them and let them die even slower.
It's not the governments job to decid if ones quality of life is valuable or not. It's the individuals position. Your choice may be different than the other guys.

You guys like to paint this picture about how bad single mother's are because they recieve assistance from the state or federal government. Yeah I recieve help right now while I am going to school but I sure as hell don't plan on getting that help forever, hence the reason why I am going to school.

I said nothing about single mothers. I was a single father. Put that broad paintbrush away.

There are several issues here and each must be considered to reform a system to the best advantage of everybody.

While I don't defend all the policies and practices of some insurance companies, it is no more reasonable to require health insurance companies to volunteer to insure people that are almost certain to cost them a lot of money than it is to require work comp carriers or general liability carriers or auto insurers or homeowner insurers to insure risks that are almost certain to create large losses.

But there are ways for states to form mutual companies who can take the higher risks at higher rates. There are ways for states and governments to form catastophic risk pools as they do with earthquake and flood insurance.

There are many ways to address and constructively reform the system without the government taking it over in a one-size-fits-all program or forcing people to participate in a government mandated system which is an unacceptable intrustion on individual liberties.

Why not include Auto Insurance in this mix too? Belive me? They will be targeted too...

And that's the slippery slope that the proposed healthcare reform package puts us on. If the government can mandate that you must have health insurance, it can mandate that you must have other kinds of insurance whether you want it or not, and that gives it license to mandate the product that has to be provided or else go out of business. Once the private sector no longer has any control over it, we are then 100% at the mercy of the whims and dictates of government.

That is precisely the kind of government control our Founders did not intend government to ever have over the people ever again.

I pray there are enough Tea Partiers, Tax Protesters, and other freedom loving Americans left to stop it from happening.

I don't have a problem with this IF the government were taken out of the equation:

Should health insurance be like auto insurance, in which good drivers earn discounts and reckless ones pay a price, thereby encouraging better habits?

I don't have a problem with this IF the government were taken out of the equation:

Should health insurance be like auto insurance, in which good drivers earn discounts and reckless ones pay a price, thereby encouraging better habits?

Without the government, it already sort of exists like that. Smokers pay more for health insurance than non-smokers when everything else is equal. The government wants to mandate that those higher charges get increased enough to force people onto a government plan. That was part of the point of the OP.

I said nothing about single mothers. I was a single father. Put that broad paintbrush away.

who was the one saying since I get state medical for my son I want more free stuff. Give me a break.

her benevolent uncle and dear leader

Here is another story from a wonderful government controlled health care system
Premature baby 'left to die' by doctors after mother gives birth just two days before 22-week care limit | Mail Online
snip,
'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

why don't you try googling how many people are denied care by their private insurance company in THIS country, and how many people go bankrupt in this country because of high medical costs. YOu should never go bankrupt because you have cancer but people do every day in this country. Why don't you look at that instead of how some other country denies medical care.

I said nothing about single mothers
. I was a single father. Put that broad paintbrush away.

who was the one saying since I get state medical for my son I want more free stuff. Give me a break.

Did I say a damn thing about single mothers? The answer to that is NO. Don't accuse me of shit I didn't say.

Here is another story from a wonderful government controlled health care system
Premature baby 'left to die' by doctors after mother gives birth just two days before 22-week care limit | Mail Online
snip,
'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

why don't you try googling how many people are denied care by their private insurance company in THIS country, and how many people go bankrupt in this country because of high medical costs. YOu should never go bankrupt because you have cancer but people do every day in this country. Why don't you look at that instead of how some other country denies medical care.

And you some how think the magical government fairy is going to be different? Guess again.
I'd rather take my chances with an insurance company than a government entity.

I said nothing about single mothers
. I was a single father. Put that broad paintbrush away.

Did I say a damn thing about single mothers? The answer to that is NO. Don't accuse me of shit I didn't say.

but you assumed since my son gets state medical I want more free stuff. You don't know my situation and you just assumed something.

but you assumed since my son gets state medical I want more free stuff. You don't know my situation and you just assumed something.

do you want goverment run health care?

I want a two party system so everyone who is a citizen is covered and I also think there should be sliding scale premium and if you have cancer or something along that lines you shouldn't have to pay.

I want a two party system so everyone who is a citizen is covered and I also think there should be sliding scale premium and if you have cancer or something along that lines you shouldn't have to pay.

Who is paying?

Forum List

Back