you will be told how to live

Calling an insured "dog" is wrong in every aspect but I can see that people who take a lifetime of 24 hour care should not be fully the burden of everyone else also. A friend of my daughter has a child with Chrones [sic] disease. The girl is now fifteen years old. Her mom provides her that 24 hour care. The state now provides a relief worker one eight hour day of every week. Families used to take care of their own families just like she takes care of her sick daughter who was born with that disease. Where is the line that everyone wants to draw? My mom and dad took care of his mother for fifteen years. They actually built her an apartment in their own home for her. She was not capable of fully taking care of herself, no one else had to foot the bill for her care.

No doubt that we should have a system that provides alternate care and assistance with health care for those in need but then again where do you draw those lines? I am not a fan of insurance companies by any means. For the most part I think they are shysters just like mega banks are shysters on a whole.

Should I have to pay the bill for a twenty year old that is mentally handicap and all her brothers and sisters because their mom drank while she was being formed? True story. I met this girl through a guy that worked PT for us. She was very slow in the thought process department. I asked her where she worked? She says "Oh, I don't work. I have fetal alcohol syndrome. I get a social security check for twelve hundred dollars a month." I ask, "Really, never heard of such a thing." She says yes I'm kinda slow. So are my brothers and sisters." Tell you what I was doing while she was giving me all this new info. I was finishing a new bathroom we had just built into an addition on the house, painting. The gal asked, "Can I help do that?" I told her sure and gave her the paint roller. She happily painted the bathroom for me while I cleaned the excess sheet rock mud off the floors. The day as done and she tells me that was fun can I come here again tomorrow?

This society has been in the shitter for a long, long time. Normal people do not have a chance and it is getting worse by the day as everyone demands their cut of everyone elses labor. Parents do not have time to take care of their children because they are to busy working their asses off to support the dumbasses, politicians, insurance companies, banksters who rape and pillage everywhere they can and the money changers. WHERE DOES IT ALL STOP? That is where and why you hear people like me say, "Personal responsibility." Take it, embrace it and quit blaming the rest of the working class so these money grubbers can take more away from the working class on bullshit premises like they have been doing for the last hundred years in this country.

I'm glad there is help for Luissa. Hell I had help back when I needed it. Yet help is not what our politicians are doing this day and age for the PEOPLE are supposed to be representing. They are bought and paid for by big money lobbyist and they are sucking this country dry.

Great post. And you make a great point, where do we draw the line for those who can't help themselves. That is what we have now in this country, health care rationing. I thank you for making a post that is sensible and not just yelling "Death Panels".

Though speaking of which, I'd be careful of what I bolded, people might accuse you of wanting to send everyone to the death panels. :eusa_eh:

Calling an insured "dog" is wrong in every aspect but I can see that people who take a lifetime of 24 hour care should not be fully the burden of everyone else also. A friend of my daughter has a child with Chrones [sic] disease. The girl is now fifteen years old. Her mom provides her that 24 hour care. The state now provides a relief worker one eight hour day of every week. Families used to take care of their own families just like she takes care of her sick daughter who was born with that disease. Where is the line that everyone wants to draw? My mom and dad took care of his mother for fifteen years. They actually built her an apartment in their own home for her. She was not capable of fully taking care of herself, no one else had to foot the bill for her care.

No doubt that we should have a system that provides alternate care and assistance with health care for those in need but then again where do you draw those lines? I am not a fan of insurance companies by any means. For the most part I think they are shysters just like mega banks are shysters on a whole.

Should I have to pay the bill for a twenty year old that is mentally handicap and all her brothers and sisters because their mom drank while she was being formed? True story. I met this girl through a guy that worked PT for us. She was very slow in the thought process department. I asked her where she worked? She says "Oh, I don't work. I have fetal alcohol syndrome. I get a social security check for twelve hundred dollars a month." I ask, "Really, never heard of such a thing." She says yes I'm kinda slow. So are my brothers and sisters." Tell you what I was doing while she was giving me all this new info. I was finishing a new bathroom we had just built into an addition on the house, painting. The gal asked, "Can I help do that?" I told her sure and gave her the paint roller. She happily painted the bathroom for me while I cleaned the excess sheet rock mud off the floors. The day as done and she tells me that was fun can I come here again tomorrow?

This society has been in the shitter for a long, long time. Normal people do not have a chance and it is getting worse by the day as everyone demands their cut of everyone elses labor. Parents do not have time to take care of their children because they are to busy working their asses off to support the dumbasses, politicians, insurance companies, banksters who rape and pillage everywhere they can and the money changers. WHERE DOES IT ALL STOP? That is where and why you hear people like me say, "Personal responsibility." Take it, embrace it and quit blaming the rest of the working class so these money grubbers can take more away from the working class on bullshit premises like they have been doing for the last hundred years in this country.

I'm glad there is help for Luissa. Hell I had help back when I needed it. Yet help is not what our politicians are doing this day and age for the PEOPLE are supposed to be representing. They are bought and paid for by big money lobbyist and they are sucking this country dry.

Great post. And you make a great point, where do we draw the line for those who can't help themselves. That is what we have now in this country, health care rationing. I thank you for making a post that is sensible and not just yelling "Death Panels".

Though speaking of which, I'd be careful of what I bolded, people might accuse you of wanting to send everyone to the death panels. :eusa_eh:
You forgot to bold personal responsibility. Then again in some cases it is not that person that caused the problems they may have. I can tell you that one of Rod's sis's died of lung cancer, so did his mom and also several of his mom's coworkers who did not smoke. At the end of the days for mom and sis the family stepped in and gave that 24 hour care. I would blame the lung cancer on the textiles factory they worked at because it was the only thing they all had in common. That factory recently moved to China. I'd say forty years from now many of those workers will be suffering the same. When rod's mom became sick she did not have health care coverage. We paid a large chunk her her expenses. I did not have a problem with that at all. There is no way we could do the same today at the inflated prices of everything out there. The same goes for surgery I had to have in 2001. I was able to cover my expenses. the doc and I made the choices of where the surgery would be done and the after care. By 2005 the cost of that same surgery on the other side was well over ten times as much in a state operated facility. Giving control over to the state is not my idea of freedom when the government denies a level playing field to all of it's citizens.

Bullshit on your part. I implied nothing, unlike what you have just done.
Take your passive-aggressive stance and shove it up your ass (see, if I want to make a personal attack I say it, unlike you, grow some balls).

I have balls, I have the balls not to go ahead and assume the lives of single mothers and how they support their kids. Whether you like it or not, you made an assumption on Luissa's story and so did Fatality.

I understand you said you were a single father. So you of all people should know how difficult it is to raise a child with one parent. Now imagine not being lucky enough to have everything covered by your insurance and having to pay out of pocket for plenty of stuff like many people do today? I'm not assuming your story, however I would of figured you of all people would know this sort of situation.

You conveniently avoid quoting the entire conversation you are replying to. More chickenshit behavior from you.

Now, all of the sudden I am "lucky" because of my circumstances, which implies that others would be "unlucky". An implication that people have no control over their situation.
Your argument techniques are based upon disingenuous actions and emotion. Not worth my time to address anymore.

You conveniently avoid quoting the entire conversation you are replying to. More chickenshit behavior from you.

Now, all of the sudden I am "lucky" because of my circumstances, which implies that others would be "unlucky". An implication that people have no control over their situation.
Your argument techniques are based upon disingenuous actions and emotion. Not worth my time to address anymore.

Did you even bother to read what I said?

Now imagine not being lucky enough to have everything covered by your insurance and having to pay out of pocket for plenty of stuff like many people do today? I'm not assuming your story

People who have everything covered by their insurance can certainly be considered lucky in today's society. Not everyone who has insurance has that security. As I said, I have no clue about your situation however if everything is covered then you are lucky.

My arguments are not based on disingenuous actions and emotions. I responded to your posting of about 10 UK stories, why not respond to all the ones I posted? Or do you believe we have no problem here in the U.S.?

Besides, YOU used disingenuous actions when condemning Luissa without giving her a chance to explain herself further. YOU went ahead and made assumptions.

Last edited:
the government and or the company someone works for.
We let corporations get off covering their employees and using loop holes to do so.

so you want free stuff, you want to suck at the government teat.

say that when you are 80 and getting medicaid.
You asked me what I wanted and I answered you without insulting you, why don't you tell me how you want it reformed.
I have worked since it was legally possible and I paid taxes, I am in school right now so I cannot have a full time job and I will never feel sorry for getting help right now so my son can have health insurance.
I worked for a corporation for four years that used every loop hole so they didn't have to give me health care. So like I said I want a two party system where they companies have to provide medical for their employees with the government covering part of it and the person covers the rest with sliding scale premium. We are paying for the uninsured anyways, why don't we make it cheaper for us in the long run.

right, i get that, you want to suck at the government teat, youve already said as much.

You asked me what I wanted and I answered you without insulting you, why don't you tell me how you want it reformed.
I have worked since it was legally possible and I paid taxes, I am in school right now so I cannot have a full time job and I will never feel sorry for getting help right now so my son can have health insurance.
I worked for a corporation for four years that used every loop hole so they didn't have to give me health care. So like I said I want a two party system where they companies have to provide medical for their employees with the government covering part of it and the person covers the rest with sliding scale premium. We are paying for the uninsured anyways, why don't we make it cheaper for us in the long run.

right, i get that, you want to suck at the government teat, youve already said as much.
and you still have not given your opinion on the subject, why don't you stop making assumptions about me and actually start thinking for yourself.

Exactly. Why shouldn't the guy who watches his diet, takes care of himself, respects his body, and refrains from taking unnecessary risks pay less for his health insurance than the guy who smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish, is 50 pounds overweight, and bungee jumps on the weekends? Why should the guy who takes care of himself be forced to pay for the guy who doesn't for that matter?

On the other hand, nobody should be forced to go without health insurance because of a medical condition they had no control over, and assigned risk pools or other means to cover the high risk people should also be available, but at a higher cost.

If we would enact reasonable tort reform and then go back to actually using insurance instead of the fees for services that we now have, insurance premiums would be half what they are now without anybody having to do anything.

Instead the government seems to be ignoring all the provisions that would actually help and would actually work and are hell bent on forcing on the people what the people do not want.

Tort Reform is not the holy grail to end all problems. Tort Reform will not work in the long run to solve this issue. It will help it a little, however it will still leave in place the ability for the health insurance companies to constantly fuck over their customers. These health insurance companies need to be taught a lesson much like U.S. Steel did back in 1962 when JFK showed them who's boss. We need Obama to have the balls that JFK did. Someone who is not taking the handouts from the health insurance companies but rather fighting for the American people.

Tort Reform is basically the lobbyists saying, if you do this for us we'll maybe agree on this! However, I highly doubt that these companies will lower their rates by that much, once they are making record profits, it's tough to go back to making less for them.

Tort reform absolutely is not the holy grail to end all problems, but the current tort system we have IS a component of the problem and must be included in the debate and in the final best solution. The only way to 'teach the insurance companies a lesson' in a way that does not hurt everybody, is to re-establish an insurance system rather than the prepaid fees for services that we have now, and to break down the old boys state monopolies by allowing healthy competition across state lines. Do that and you will find the 'mean' companies competing with user friendly, much more attractive companies, and which do you think will be gaining the lion's share of the business.

The Obama way has already proved itself to be ineffective and vastly more expensive because we've already tried it. The current system is unworkable because of excessive regulation and intereference with the free market.

There is always a better way and a best way, and currently our government leaders are not permitting either to be a part of the debate.

and you still have not given your opinion on the subject, why don't you stop making assumptions about me and actually start thinking for yourself.

I want to keep the government the hell outa of my life, i dont need some fucking buck tooth hillbilly rube in a government office telling me what to do, how to do it, when to do it or why i should do it.

i do what i want!

you? you want to slurp the milk of government, youve said so. you want my money to pay your damn bills.

That is really not necessary. A single mother with small children does not necessarily wish or desire to have to be on public assistance. It really just shows what an ignorant ass you can be. When my children were small I had little choice but to apply for public assistance, I had a ninth grade education and no one would hire me. Possibly some pricks out there think that is a crime but I don't.

At twenty-five on my own with no help from anyone else I started my own company and I was one of the first women contractors in that state. I was harassed terribly by chauvinistic male pigs. I could lump all men into that box type category but I don't because I am not that small minded. Within a few years after getting help to overcome that illegal blacklisted I also employed forty plus people. That means that I also paid my way and well more than my fair share in taxes and insurances long term. When you lump everyone into that box you seem to think every woman out there on state assistance is in you lose. It shows you are one inconsiderate chauvinist prick that has no clue. When people act so ignorant as to think that state assistance means everyone on it is after life time pension with no efforts they are simply wrong and totally ignorant. Grow up! You do not represent the Republican party and you damn sure do not represent the idea's of any of the Republicans I personally know and look up to.

edit: Keep in mind you were born of a woman. That little egg did not come out of thin air. Have some respect.

Last edited:

That is really not necessary. A single mother with small children does not necessarily wish or desire to have to be on public assistance. It really just shows what an ignorant ass you can be. When my children were small I had little choice but to apply for public assistance, I had a ninth grade education and no one would hire me. Possibly some pricks out there think that is a crime but I don't.

At twenty-five on my own with no help from anyone else I started my own company and I was one of the first women contractors in that state. I was harassed terribly by chauvinistic male pigs. I could lump all men into that box type category but I don't because I am not that small minded. Within a few years after getting help to overcome that illegal blacklisted I also employed forty plus people. That means that I also paid my way and well more than my fair share in taxes and insurances long term. When you lump everyone into that box you seem to think every woman out there on state assistance is in you lose. It shows you are one inconsiderate chauvinist prick that has no clue. When people act so ignorant as to think that state assistance means everyone on it is after life time pension with no efforts they are simply wrong and totally ignorant. Grow up! You do not represent the Republican party and you damn sure do not represent the idea's of any of the Republicans I personally know and look up to.

edit: Keep in mind you were born of a woman. That little egg did not come out of thin air. Have some respect.

oh it is soooo necessary!

teaching people they are weak and incapable of taking care of themselves is dangerous to them and to society, youre not doing her any favors.

making a victim out of someone isnt doing them any good, you need to stop that crap!

no one should forget they can always go to their parents for help, any kind will do, they dont need to grovel at the feet of government for a handout. Churches, social organizations, the Salvation Army for example, etc. are there to help, its their mission in life.

so you made bad choices and they came back to haunt you, yeah its funny how life is like that huh?

then you decided to live up to your responsibilities, good for you, you did what youre supposed to do.

she said she wants to be spoon fed by the government, she wants to have her hand held by dear leader and wants everyone else to foot the bill.

well, you cut her a check then if youre so going to champion her cause, put your money where your mouth is. she will never know freedom going that route, youre helping to enslave her mind.

oh, and government run health care will not be a "temporary solution" youre a fool to think so.

seriously, representing the republican party? the republican party is full of half wits and morons, it is anythng but republican, it sooo needs to be changed.

big difference between me and you it seems, youre a republican based on the name of your party, I am a republican by nature.

:eusa_hand:

teaching people they are weak and incapable of taking care of themselves is dangerous to them and to society, youre not doing her any favors.

making a victim out of someone isnt doing them any good, you need to stop that crap!

no one should forget they can always go to their parents for help, any kind will do, they dont need to grovel at the feet of government for a handout. Churches, social organizations, the Salvation Army for example, etc. are there to help, its their mission in life.

so you made bad choices and they came back to haunt you, yeah its funny how life is like that huh?

then you decided to live up to your responsibilities, good for you, you did what youre supposed to do.

she said she wants to be spoon fed by the government, she wants to have her hand held by dear leader and wants everyone else to foot the bill.

well, you cut her a check then if youre so going to champion her cause, put your money where your mouth is. she will never know freedom going that route, youre helping to enslave her mind.

oh, and government run health care will not be a "temporary solution" youre a fool to think so.

seriously, representing the republican party? the republican party is full of half wits and morons, it is anythng but republican, it sooo needs to be changed.

big difference between me and you it seems, youre a republican based on the name of your party, I am a republican by nature.

You really are a blathering idiot.

Did you even bother to read what I said?

Now imagine not being lucky enough to have everything covered by your insurance and having to pay out of pocket for plenty of stuff like many people do today? I'm not assuming your story

People who have everything covered by their insurance can certainly be considered lucky in today's society. Not everyone who has insurance has that security. As I said, I have no clue about your situation however if everything is covered then you are lucky.

My arguments are not based on disingenuous actions and emotions. I responded to your posting of about 10 UK stories, why not respond to all the ones I posted? Or do you believe we have no problem here in the U.S.?

Besides, YOU used disingenuous actions when condemning Luissa without giving her a chance to explain herself further. YOU went ahead and made assumptions.

You did it again.

I want to keep the government the hell outa of my life, i dont need some fucking buck tooth hillbilly rube in a government office telling me what to do, how to do it, when to do it or why i should do it.

i do what i want!

you? you want to slurp the milk of government, youve said so. you want my money to pay your damn bills.
more insults, very nice!
You are an asshole and I hope you never fall on hard times and need help. It is so easy for you to sit there and judge other people especially when you know nothing about their situation. YOu should really look at yourself and what a shitty human you are.

is so easy for you to sit there and judge other people especially when you know nothing about their situation. YOu should really look at yourself and what a shitty human you are.

This was not addressed to me, but if I might comment on it.

It isn't a matter of people needing help. People often do. It isn't a matter of whether or not it is morally correct and virtuous to help others. It often certainly is.

The question is not one of either need or virtue.

The question is whether it is morally justifiable for you to demand that I help you when you need help.

If I can't pay my rent, am I justified taking your money/property to pay it? If I need to put food on my table, is it justifiable for me to raid your refrigerator or freezer without your consent to do that? If I need clothes, can I just take what I need out of your closet? Would you have no objection to anybody who wanted what you have taking it just because they need it?

Whenever the government takes my property and gives it to you, two kinds of corruption occur. You agree to the confiscation of property from others for your needs, and the government can count on your vote and support to keep it in power so that you will continue to be supplied with what you want or need. That is not to say that you personally will be corrupted, but you should be able to see what a corrupting affect such policy would have on many. And there is no way for government to dispense benevolence without that enslaving one person for the benefit of another and without that becoming an open door for graft, bribes, self-gratification, and solidification of the material wealth and power of those in government.

Much better off is a society in which charity and benevolence is nurtured as virtue and that helps those who are unable to help themselves. Also much better off is a society that requires its members to carry their own weight as much as possible and expects its members to pay back what they can of what they owe to a benevolent society.

Such should not be the function of the Federal government because there is no way for the Federal govenrment to do that without becoming corrupted.

Last edited:

yeah, i should have guessed, you think that someone who says people should take responsibility for their life instead of bowing and scraping to government is an "idiot" plz dont call youreself republican because youre not

yeah, i should have guessed, you think that someone who says people should take responsibility for their life instead of bowing and scraping to government is an "idiot" plz dont call youreself republican because youre not
Your still blathering. A single mom that has worked is now taking care of her child and going to college and she gets assistance for a short time to help take care of her child's life and you want to whine because your the only one in the whole of the United States who will ever pay taxes. Yep, you are an ass.

i do what i want!

more insults, very nice!
You are an asshole and I hope you never fall on hard times and need help. It is so easy for you to sit there and judge other people especially when you know nothing about their situation. YOu should really look at yourself and what a shitty human you are.

i can only assess based on what youve said, and that is what i have done, i have ventured no further, suck it up.

your resistance to what ive said continues to demonstrate your desire to drink from the government trough, you know that once you do youre a slave to the gov who is now in the position of dictating terms for your life right?

youre the one who said you want the government health scam, youre the one who would willingly bow and scrape to the goverment to control your life. but it dosent stop with you now does it? this isnt about you now is it? no, this is about EVERY person in the nation!

ive been down plenty of times and guess what, ive never once believed that the government should control my life, or be in control of my health care. i got up and busted my ass to change my circumstances to avoid the government scum bags from telling me what to do and how to live.

and now people like you with your insistance that the government take over MY health care are trying to bring big daddy governmnet down on MY back to dictate MY life to me!

your situation is of your own making, as is everyones, your choices brought you to where you are there is no use in sitting around wringing your hands and crying. you get up, get your game on and go out and do what you have to do to get done what you need to get done.

asking the government to control your life becasue you find it too difficult is a SLAVE mentality! STOP IT! youre doing no favors for anyone including yourself!

you become a willing accomplice in the force of government when you sit there and demand a government run health care program that seeks to control not only your life but MINE and EVERYONE elses!

I DONT WANT IT!!

so you can sit there and call me the shitty one, but honey youre the one begging the government to take over and control the LIVES OF OTHERS!!

Your still blathering. A single mom that has worked is now taking care of her child and going to college and she gets assistance for a short time to help take care of her child's life and you want to whine because your the only one in the whole of the United States who will ever pay taxes. Yep, you are an ass.

stfu, this isnt about a "single mom blah blah blah," this is about government controling peoples lives, read the thread or get the fuck out. moron!

stfu, this isnt about a "single mom blah blah blah," this is about government controling peoples lives, read the thread or get the fuck out. moron!
You don't know when to stop blathering do you?

You don't know when to stop blathering do you?

stfu slave!

Forum List

Back