You want to hear a liar lie right to your face?

Bush's worst year had a a deficit of something like 3% of GDP. Obama is crowding 12.

How the hell do you figure that? Bush's worst year (his last year), the government ran a deficit of 1.4 trillion dollars.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bush keep the cost of the Iraq war off-budget?

Yup.

So wouldn't that add in the neighborhood of, conservatively, 100 billion a year to the deficit for 5 or 6 years of Bush's presidency?

Or whatever the figure is? Is there a reason we're not counting THAT in these calculations?

Because that would require discussing the issue honestly. That's not what this thread is meant to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bush keep the cost of the Iraq war off-budget?

"Off-budget" doesn't mean the spending is not figured in. Bush funded Iraq and Afghanistan with emergency supplements. The spending is still included in the deficit.

No, it's not. Off-budget spending adds to the national debt, but it's not counted in the publicly-reported deficit figures.

Bush's worst year had a a deficit of something like 3% of GDP. Obama is crowding 12.

How the hell do you figure that? Bush's worst year (his last year), the government ran a deficit of 1.4 trillion dollars.

wapoobamabudget1.jpg

No President in the history of the United States was able to "hide" the cost of any war--I don't know where these people come up with some of this junk.

Regarding Iraq--the cost of the war was on the nightly news at least once a week along with the casualties of war.

Yup.

So wouldn't that add in the neighborhood of, conservatively, 100 billion a year to the deficit for 5 or 6 years of Bush's presidency?

Or whatever the figure is? Is there a reason we're not counting THAT in these calculations?

The $$$ for wars are always in the budget. They have to fund it for crying out loud--so the cost is going to be in the budget.

Where do you people get this crap from? HELLO---:lol::lol:

It's still in the budget. The cost of the Iraq & Afganistan war.

Monday's figures capped a remarkable deterioration in the United States' budgetary health under Bush's time in office.

He inherited a budget seen as producing endless huge surpluses after four straight years in positive territory. That stretch of surpluses represented a period when the country's finances had been bolstered by a 10-year period of uninterrupted economic growth, the longest expansion in U.S. history.

In his first year in office, helped by projections of continuing surpluses, Bush drove through a 10-year, $1.35 trillion package of tax cuts.

Bush Leaving Next President Record Federal Budget Deficit

-------------------

All you have to do is an Internet search using the phrase, "bush didn't include cost of either war in budget" and you will get plenty to read from both the right and the left on the subject. Bush's budgets didn't seem so bad when he didn't include the cost of two wars. Then there was the $1.35 TRILLION in tax cuts for business and the very rich. When they stop paying, who picks up the slack, after all, wars cost money.

Republicans nearly brought the world economy to a resounding "thud" and they think they have the answer for what ails us? Hey, if 1.35 trillion in tax cute didn't stimulate the economy, why would it now? They say the definition of insanity is doing the same dumb thing over and over again and expecting different results. Republicans are insane. There can't possibly be any other explanation.

Actually Bush's deficit does include the cost of war -the spending for it came from emergency funding at first but that spending doesn't just disappear from the books. It IS absolutely part of his final deficit total. But Bush's eight years still can't hold a candle to just Obama's first half year in office when it comes to budget deficits, sorry. But let's pretend it is no big deal whatsoever that Obama QUADRUPLED Bush's final budget deficit in just his first six months. Gee, took EIGHT YEARS for Bush's deficit total and just SIX MONTHS for Obama to quadruple that. OF COURSE it means the deficit under Bush MUST have been worse -because hey, he's a REPUBLICAN and Obama isn't! So let's all insist Bush's deficit that was 1/4 the size Obama created in just his first half year in office was the one that was actually so out-of-control instead. ROFL God save us all from the useful idiots of the left.
When caught lying CON$ simply lie some more.

I've already debunked the 8 year total lie, now for the Obama quadrupled Bush's final budget in 6 months.
I've already posted LimpBoy saying that Obama's total debt for all of 2009 is 1.5 trillion.
Bush's last year of debt was 1.4 trillion. Only in CON$ervative "Fuzzy Math" is 1.4 trillion 4 times half of 1.5 trillion. :cuckoo:

Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

In Bush's last year January 20, 2001, the national debt was:
$9,188,640,287,930.39
When "W" left office on January 20, 2009, the national debt was"
$10,626,877,048,913.08.
The growth in the national debt during his last year in office:
$1,438,236,760,982.69

December 21, 2009
RUSH: Merry Christmas, happy holidays to all of you from all of us here at the Excellence in Broadcasting Network. You want to hear a liar lie? You want to hear a liar lie right to your face?

RUSH: This man [Obama] has spent more deficit money in one year than the Bush eight years in total, ladies and gentlemen.

How does Rush explain Bush Doubling the deficit?

How about Reagan Tripling the deficit?

When are you guys going to realize that Bush or Reagan are NO LONGER POTUS. This President has quadrupled the dept, that's an undeniable fact, two wrongs do not make a right. Bush had 9-11 and a couple of wars to deal with, your guy just wants to shove that monstrocity of a health care bill down out throats. And do not forget it was your guy who stated that he would eliminate earmarks, and he signed an Omnibus bill that had 9,000 earmarks in it, one which Bush refused to sign because of all the earmarks. He just recently signed another budget bill with 5,000 more earmarks in it. Get over it, your guy spends like a drunken sailor on leave after years and years at sea.
This president didn't quadruple anything!!!! Your "undeniable fact" is a pathological lie.

And Bush left Obama continued spending on the two wars he started as well as Katrina spending and also interest on the national debt he passed to Obama. If you back those Bush carryovers out of Obama's budget, Obama has run up no new debt.

"Off-budget" doesn't mean the spending is not figured in. Bush funded Iraq and Afghanistan with emergency supplements. The spending is still included in the deficit.

wapoobamabudget1.jpg
The CON$ervative dumb act again.

In your earlier post you said the Iraq, Afghanistan and Katrina off budget spending was included in Bush's deficit spending and then in the chart you posted it is clearly omitted. Bush's last year is clearly not 1.4 trillion, and his 8 year total does not add up to not 5 trillion which would average over 600 billion per year. Nearly a trillion in off budget deficit spending is missing from Bush's last year alone. That off budget war and Katrina spending plus the interest on the national debt Bush passed to Obama equals Obama's entire 2009 deficit!!!!!

Last edited:

No President in the history of the United States was able to "hide" the cost of any war--I don't know where these people come up with some of this junk.

Regarding Iraq--the cost of the war was on the nightly news at least once a week along with the casualties of war.

That's not what I'm talking about, but hey, thanks for being irrelevant.

Wow. I can't even count the number of fucking idiots in this thread who don't know the difference between the debt and the deficit, it's frightening.

December 21, 2009
RUSH: Merry Christmas, happy holidays to all of you from all of us here at the Excellence in Broadcasting Network. You want to hear a liar lie? You want to hear a liar lie right to your face?

RUSH: This man [Obama] has spent more deficit money in one year than the Bush eight years in total, ladies and gentlemen.

How does Rush explain Bush Doubling the deficit?

How about Reagan Tripling the deficit?

When are you guys going to realize that Bush or Reagan are NO LONGER POTUS. This President has quadrupled the dept, that's an undeniable fact, two wrongs do not make a right. Bush had 9-11 and a couple of wars to deal with, your guy just wants to shove that monstrocity of a health care bill down out throats. And do not forget it was your guy who stated that he would eliminate earmarks, and he signed an Omnibus bill that had 9,000 earmarks in it, one which Bush refused to sign because of all the earmarks. He just recently signed another budget bill with 5,000 more earmarks in it. Get over it, your guy spends like a drunken sailor on leave after years and years at sea.

Saying something is, "an undeniable fact" doesn't make it one. If Obama spent that much, what did he spend it on?

This outta be good.

Wow. I can't even count the number of fucking idiots in this thread who don't know the difference between the debt and the deficit, it's frightening.
And they are all the CON$ who deny Bush kept most of his deficit spending OFF BUDGET.

By showing how much the national debt rose each year, we see what that year's REAL budget deficit was as compared to what the chart showed as the "actual" deficit for that year.
Get it???

Forum List

Back