You Think the Markets Are Bad Now!

The only one's that are absolved in this "bailout" are the one's that had the courage to Vote NO. This does not include Obama or McCain, I am still shaking my head that they would do such a thing. Now look at the results ?, were we not told by all the so called experts on the Hill that this would calm the markets? It sure did, at least calmed them enough to take a little 500,000. 00 spa trip or now I hear that Wachovia execs sent 75 Senior Mgt. people on a greek cruise to wait for the "bailout". I called today and demanded my congressmen go back to work and submit a bill to recend this.

When Obama wins the stock market will go up and will stay up. McCain wins and we can color the country in third world colors.

Truth, is this a crisis. What is Congress doing to solve it? They pass a rushed $700 billion bailout aimed at Wall Street. Obama claims they started this problem. Why did he and McCain vote for it? It is Bush who called for it. "Failed economic policies of the last eight years". Why did they vote for it. It's Bush economic policy. Guess what, it's going to fail.

You do realize that not a dime of the money they alloted is in the system yet right?

I know this Truth, that 69 of the 85 Billion Dollars to "bailout" AIG has already been spent. 18 of the the 35 Billion to "bailout" the Auto companies has been spent and you see the results of GM's announcement today. The Fed has announced that 300 Billion is going to be spent right away to buy back toxic paper. This has had zero effect.

Truth, is this a crisis. What is Congress doing to solve it? They pass a rushed $700 billion bailout aimed at Wall Street. Obama claims they started this problem. Why did he and McCain vote for it? It is Bush who called for it. "Failed economic policies of the last eight years". Why did they vote for it. It's Bush economic policy. Guess what, it's going to fail.

They did it already.

The money has not yet hit the system.

Its in the works.

Even congress has to wait for the money to be printed.

Should investors fear an Obama administration?

Of course, it's not just dividend treatment that has investors pushing the sell button. It's also concern that Obama's tax plans would make the federal government even more reliant on relatively few high-income people to pay most U.S. taxes -- and thereby provide less incentive for business owners to augment their wealth by growing their companies.

Why Wall Street is scared of Obama - MSN Money
Strangely enough, government statistics show that the U.S. tax system is already evolving into one in which a majority of Americans pay little or nothing. Between 1999 and 2006, evidence suggests that the number of tax filers who had no income tax liability after taking advantage of credits and deductions grew to nearly 44 million, according to the Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan (but right-leaning) think tank in Washington, D.C., and Duke University law professor Lawrence Zelenak.

Frank, who has played a central role in shaping the package, said the Treasury could begin buying soured mortgage backed securities soon.

"Given how important they think it is, I'd think they'd be ready to buy some stuff right away," he said.

Rep. Frank thinks the bailout will pass: report | Deals | Reuters

From Barney Frank, to Barack Obama to John McCain it was the same theme, we need this "Bailout to calm the markets. They were all told that this "bailout" would not do one damn thing to calm the markets by over a hundred different economists but in order to appease the Goldman Sachs Branch of the govt. we went ahead and did it anyway.

I guess all of these CEO's are idiots then... LOL

i would say yeah, they are stupified by greed....look what the ceos just did to all of us from the banks and financial institutions....

greed wins out with many of them and their ethics fall by the wayside

i am truely beginning to believe....''The love of money, is the root of all evil'' as the saying goes.... :(

i would say yeah, they are stupified by greed....look what the ceos just did to all of us from the banks and financial institutions....

greed wins out with many of them and their ethics fall by the wayside

i am truely beginning to believe....''The love of money, is the root of all evil'' as the saying goes.... :(

It is---it's the false idol of power and security.

Make as much as you would like--it won't help any.

Obama offers the same tax plan that Bill Clinton did. How did the stock market do under Clinton? Up almost 1200% in 8 years. If you invest $10,000 in the market... well, you know the rest.

If Obama wins watch your stocks sink like the Titanic.

Newsmax.com – Survey: CEOs Say Obama Would Be Disastrous

Yea, these guys would have not getting performance bonuses and being forced to provide their employees with health care. You fail to remember that these are the men that have been causing many of our current problems (Enron, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Tyco, etc). Honestly, if these were the words of an economist with a doctorate, I might be able to take them seriously. As of right now, I would not take any of these guys seriously. A lot of good they have done us lately.

I guess all of these CEO's are idiots then... LOL

They dont give a shit about the economy they just cash in wether the company goes broke or not.

THIS is why we were warning about CEO pay.

They win either way.

Forum List

Back