You should be afraid and you should act

It is, I'm afraid, too late.

The data's right there for any reasoned mind to see.
If the world started today with 100% effort, it would do nothing but slow the inevitable endgame.

Maybe if we'd started 20 years ago, or when Carter was President but now, too late.

The only question now is whether humanity will survive its own stupidity.
If it's too late, as you say, then why do we need to continue paying billions to research climate change? And if the data's right there, then why do so many people who believe in climate change don't live THEIR lives as though it exists and it's an existential threat?

Out of curiosity, what does public opinion matter?

You have all the world governments preaching the climate cult with no real resistance.

As for those political entities who claim they are not apart of the Climate cult, once in office they do nothing to oppose those that do.

Soon they will take away our gas powered cars and we will be eating crickets instead of steak no matter if we agree on not.

What more do you want from us?

Cram us into large apartment blocs with no air conditioning and just enough heating to keep us alive.

No vacations, no cars, only X amount of clothing purchases a year.

If it's too late, as you say, then why do we need to continue paying billions to research climate change? And if the data's right there, then why do so many people who believe in climate change don't live THEIR lives as though it exists and it's an existential threat?

As instapundit says: "when the elites start acting like AGW is actual emergency, then I might listen to them"

Cram us into large apartment blocs with no air conditioning and just enough heating to keep us alive.

No vacations, no cars, only X amount of clothing purchases a year.
Why would they want to keep us alive?

What is the incentive?

If the world started today with 100% effort, it would do nothing but slow the inevitable endgame.

Maybe if we'd started 20 years ago, or when Carter was President but now, too late.

Humanity has survived plagues, meteor strikes, war, volcanism, and all sorts of other disasters.

We've adapted to all of those, why is this time different?

AI will replace workers, what then?

I think AI is being over-blown as a replacement for a lot of things. AI doesn't make the same mistakes people do, it makes all sorts of new mistakes that are far more unpredictable and detrimental.

When was the last time you saw me propose anything to address climate change?
Do go on fooling yourself that it's not real.

To use a famous quote
"In 50 years we'll both be dead but I'll still be right."

And sometimes just being right has to be enough.

Check the weather on Venus.

Are you really claiming a feedback loop event similar to Venus can happen in the next 100-500 years?

There have been other times in geological history where we think CO2 levels were as high or higher than now. That and the fact our planet has been prone to Ice Ages the past few hundred thousand years makes me suspect your fears are baseless.

Fear combined with hope can motivate the public to act rather than make people feel helpless

Opinion: I’m a climate scientist. If you knew what I know, you’d be terrified too

What the article should say if it was honest:

"I am a Climate Scientist and I have lied, used bogus and cherry picked data and manipulated the facts and now I am going to scare you into giving me more research money".

Climate change is real. Man made climate change is a scam. A big scam. Only idiots believe in the scam.

To use a famous quote

Nobody even vaguely intelligent denies the existence of Climate Change ,
What serious and informed people detest is the presence of loud mouth non experts who cannot see the true causes of it .
And , more importantly, the incredibly small part our species plays in those changes .

They fear those that have deliberately lied to influence the Sheeple to believe dangerously simple but irrelevant explanations, used to increase fear and control, plus the unbelievable misuse of vast amounts of money .

1710179331034.png

To use a famous quote

Perhaps you should point out to me where I asked you to propose any ideas on how to address climate change before now? What's your evidence that you're right? Computer models? How accurate have they been as to what should've already happened because of global warming/climate change? Like I said earlier, there are plenty of people who say they believe in climate change, but don't live their lives like they believe it. When I see the wealthy start moving away or abandoning their beachfront properties and low-elevation islands, I'll be more inclined to listen.

NOW I'm going to ask you for ideas to address climate change. You said that if the world had done something decades ago, we would've had a chance to solve the problem. In order to think that way, you have to have an idea or ideas in your head on what should've been done. So, what should've been done back then to address the problem? I mean, we can't control weather, but some people believe we that we can control the climate.

Well, if it is too late, why worry about it?

Let’s just enjoy whatever time we have left, while restoring sixties and seventies compact muscle cars.

That’s what I’m going to do anyway, but you might want to try it.

GFY, scaremongering fake republican.

Forum List

Back