You need to bring back the thumbs down or red x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripes I have 107,000 plus ratings

That and a buck eighty-nine will get me a cup of coffee at Speedway.

Stupid
I was wondering if there was a USMB store so I can purchase a coffee mug with all my trophy points.

Otherwise, what's the point of it all?

There is a USMB gift shop on the ground floor of USMB Headquarters.
They have everything........USMB T Shirts, coffee mugs and refrigerator magnets
It is between the ladies room and the USMB employees lounge

Getting neg'd constantly was not fun and believe it or not..many took those negs as scouts honor that the person getting them was "bad". Such is the way of message boards, I guess. I know I got neg'd alot. I also got positived to counter them. Yes, it was a sort of war or who hounded/supported whom. In essence..it was stupid. Still...having a thumbs down sure saves time responding for us lazy folks. Then again, the funny button works just as well. :)

The Funny button oughta be for something that's, you know, funny. But people are using it for something they think is ridiculous and not funny. I see no reason why a Thumbs Down or similar could be used, without a ratings point up or down to reflect disagreement without the need to go off on somebody. Which they can do, but the mods delete that when they find it, no? A Thumbs Down might save 'em a little work, who knows?

Another issue: every once in awhile I see a topic and click on it to find nothing there. I'm assuming somebody wrote an OP that was trollish and it got dropped but the empty thread is still there. If you're going to delete the OP, why not delete the thread too, unless it's already been replied to.

There was literally no reason to remove it other that to cater to the feelings of wusses.
What was the point when almost everyone uses all manner of insults and name calling in nearly every single thread anyways.

Stop being soft and give users back all options not just the positive touchy feely bullshit.

I agree!

I miss giving you the thumbs down!

funny button works fine for me as it just highlights another posters foolishness or my disgust with their foolishness .

Last edited:
There was literally no reason to remove it other that to cater to the feelings of wusses.
What was the point when almost everyone uses all manner of insults and name calling in nearly every single thread anyways.

Stop being soft and give users back all options not just the positive touchy feely bullshit.

I agree!

I miss giving you the thumbs down!

We don’t need a thumbs down, we need a finger up

:fu:

As long as they apply to ratings the same way "funny" does, who cares?

Those who, upon seeing their "funny" score triumphant on any given post, some run amok. Dogs are kicked; children are verbally abused and spouses seek shelter. You can tell by checking the "funny" scores of those who protest the loudest in subsequent posts. They favor terms like "idiot".

If people were honest, negative feedback would be a viable option.

But they're not. People will neg anyone they don't like, every time, just out of pure butthurt, not caring anything about the content of the post.
Last time negging turned into gang warfare to intimidate and drive off new posters

Not USMBs finest hour
Anyone intimidated on an anonymous site by mere words needs to look into themselves and why they allow complete strangers that power over them.

It's the internet for Christ's sake. Get over yourself people.
You are fat and your hygiene is wanting
Reported for blatant insulting of the fat and unkempt.
:10:

Actually I have another negative.
I am also Polish. Could even be a distant relative of Slobinski.
What ever happened to Sobieski?

Didn't you hear? He left to save Europe.

I would actually like to bring back reputation. All of the trolls here should be deep deep red
The problem before was that all the trolls banded together and built up their reputation as they formed wolf packs to gang up on the weak

The only ones in the deep red were honest posters trying to make a valid point
Uuuummmmm, I remember the former, to a small degree but I don't remember the latter. I remember a lot of idiots making invalid and nonsensical points getting pounced on. I remember that the vast majority of those in the red deserved it but I also remember some in the green should have been in the red.........
Of course I did take a self imposed one year vacation so it may have gotten really bad and I missed it. :dunno:

Removing the neg button removed one of the best catalysts for hilarious meltdowns on the board.

When I buy this place from JR, I'm going to bring rep back.
I think it would take a Gates or Zuckerberg to buy an internet giant like USMB

If people were honest, negative feedback would be a viable option.

But they're not. People will neg anyone they don't like, every time, just out of pure butthurt, not caring anything about the content of the post.
Last time negging turned into gang warfare to intimidate and drive off new posters

Not USMBs finest hour
Why can't there just be a thumbs down button without it having any dire consequences? Why do our "Agrees" or "Winners" or whatevers have to be counted, anyway? Just have the buttons there to use as a quick response to a post. The "funny" button being used to disagree is shallow and annoying.

I would actually like to bring back reputation. All of the trolls here should be deep deep red
How do you think I'd look in red? :dunno:
fabulous.

how else COULD you look, anyway?
tenor.gif

Removing the neg button removed one of the best catalysts for hilarious meltdowns on the board.

When I buy this place from JR, I'm going to bring rep back.
I think it would take a Gates or Zuckerberg to buy an internet giant like USMB
That was an actual funny I gave you and not one masquerading as a red X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back