You need to bring back the thumbs down or red x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting neg'd constantly was not fun and believe it or not..many took those negs as scouts honor that the person getting them was "bad". Such is the way of message boards, I guess. I know I got neg'd alot. I also got positived to counter them. Yes, it was a sort of war or who hounded/supported whom. In essence..it was stupid. Still...having a thumbs down sure saves time responding for us lazy folks. Then again, the funny button works just as well. :)

I would actually like to bring back reputation. All of the trolls here should be deep deep red

After a while, though, everybody ends up with full green rep bars.

ETA - actually, that's likey not to happen on this board, come to think of it. It'd be flotsam and jetsam. Bring up even a remote semblance of any kind of deeper discussion on our failed foreign policy, for instance, and a feller's gare awn teed automatically gonna be blabeled anti-troops or a bigot. Then he or she is in the red. lol. The clowns would run the circus.

Last edited:
If people were honest, negative feedback would be a viable option.

But they're not. People will neg anyone they don't like, every time, just out of pure butthurt, not caring anything about the content of the post.
Not entirely true. There are several lefties on this board I agree or thumbs up fairly often. It depends on the content of the post. Hell, I've even given a thumbs up to that tard, Rderp a couple of times.

But they're not. People will neg anyone they don't like, every time, just out of pure butthurt, not caring anything about the content of the post.
Last time negging turned into gang warfare to intimidate and drive off new posters

Not USMBs finest hour
Anyone intimidated on an anonymous site by mere words needs to look into themselves and why they allow complete strangers that power over them.

It's the internet for Christ's sake. Get over yourself people.
You are fat and your hygiene is wanting
Reported for blatant insulting of the fat and unkempt.
:10:

Actually I have another negative.
I am also Polish. Could even be a distant relative of Slobinski.
What ever happened to Sobieski?
Probably killed himself when he found out he was Jewish.

I would actually like to bring back reputation. All of the trolls here should be deep deep red

They should, but they wouldn't with rep. Their fellow conservatives would still positive-rep every trolling post they made, in the same way they did when rep was around.

Rep-cliques were a thing, with everyone in the clique always pos-repping every other post of other clique members, mostly in little social thread discussions with one-line posts. Then they'd deny that's what they were doing, and claim their high rep was all because of the quality of their posts. That's the kind of behavior rep encourages.

I was also told that at one point, a negative rep meant you couldn't post. A bit before my time, I believe that was. It wasn't just "hurt feelings", as some here are incorrectly claiming. Those with high rep literally had the power to censor and silence noobs. Again, that did not encourage good behavior. It encouraged power-tripping and bullying.

Last edited:

Last time negging turned into gang warfare to intimidate and drive off new posters

Not USMBs finest hour
Anyone intimidated on an anonymous site by mere words needs to look into themselves and why they allow complete strangers that power over them.

:wtf:

Now you have gone too far. That's too much nonsense going on right there.

There was literally no reason to remove it other that to cater to the feelings of wusses.
What was the point when almost everyone uses all manner of insults and name calling in nearly every single thread anyways.

Stop being soft and give users back all options not just the positive touchy feely bullshit.

I wouldn't mind a red x emoticon type thing.

On the other hand, dumbasses used it so much and the vast number of them didn't have the cajones to say anything directly to you.

There was literally no reason to remove it other that to cater to the feelings of wusses.
What was the point when almost everyone uses all manner of insults and name calling in nearly every single thread anyways.

Stop being soft and give users back all options not just the positive touchy feely bullshit.

On the other hand, dumbasses used it so much and the vast number of them didn't have the cajones to say anything directly to you.
I'm guessing if we created a poll the demand for a thumbs down would be 70 or 80%

Not USMBs finest hour

Its all rightwingers fault.

It always is. He is the top paid troublemaker.

Cripes I have 107,000 plus ratings

That and a buck eighty-nine will get me a cup of coffee at Speedway.

Stupid

I'm guessing if we created a poll the demand for a thumbs down would be 70 or 80%

Probably. But, what if you only allowed one ID per person to vote?

It just seemed like there was all kinds of non-stop idiotic drama.

Not USMBs finest hour

But, you're Polish.

Cripes I have 107,000 plus ratings

That and a buck eighty-nine will get me a cup of coffee at Speedway.

Stupid

Probably. But, what if you only allowed one ID per person to vote?

It just seemed like there was all kinds of non-stop idiotic drama.
Anyone who feels it necessary to have alt accounts is an idiot.

The problem before was that all the trolls banded together and built up their reputation as they formed wolf packs to gang up on the weak

The only ones in the deep red were honest posters trying to make a valid point

Not USMBs finest hour

That’s what I get paid for.

USMB would not be the internet giant it is today without us paid posters propping it up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back