You Know The Liberals Are Reaching When They Are Still Blaming Mythical Republicans

The nation was for the stimulus package and for healthcare reform before tens of millions were spent programming people to the contrary.

Not quite correct. The millions who voted for this administration & congress--were made to believe that they would get "free" healthcare paid for by others. When they found out that they were going to be forced into this health care plan & that they themselves would have to pay for it--they turned on this administration. Those millions of union members don't like it either--because they found out that their health care benefits that their employers pay for will be added as income back to their income tax return & they will be donating to those 30 million who don't have health care---:lol::lol:

54% of this country voted for Obama & over 61% of this nation is against this health care bill. What does that tell you? It ain't just republicans--:lol::lol:

How bad a case of mental emaciation does it take for someone to think the Republicans or Republican policies led to the financial crisis of 2008? Shit some of you liberals are really in need of brain enlargement pills.

You must be under informed.

Their deregulations allowed wallstreet to gamble our long term savings for their short term gains, and they failed, and we all paid the price. How's your 401K?

And the housing deregulations. GOP policies allowed the mortgage companies to be irresponsible and now our homes aren't worth what we paid for them.

The GOP allowed the energy/gas/oil companies to gouge us. There was no oil shortage. Gas at $4 a gallon helped put us in this recession. Many many Americans got hurt.

Healthcare costs went up 191% from 2001 to 2006, on the GOP's watch. They did nothing to stop it. Now healthcare costs us too much of our GDP.

The GOP took us into Iraq. $1 billion a month???

You can talk about Barnie Frank, Fanny Mae, Dodd, Harry Reed and Pelosi all you want. There is no spinning the fact that the GOP put us in the mess we are in now.

All the pensions that were renigged on??? The GOP passed a bill that allowed companies to tap into those funds and those companies emptied the $ and then went bankrupt, so all those people got screwed.

And the GOP passed laws that encouraged companies to go overseas.

And they created loopholes so rich people could hide their money overseas.

Wake up.

I really don't know how long you have actually been paying attention to politics.

1. Most outsourcing was done during the 1990's--under the Clinton administration.
2. AIG was deregulated during the 1990's during the Clinton administration.
3. Fannie/Freddie were deregulated--or should I say--lending requirements were reduced--while using sub-prime mortgages--during the 1990's during the Clinton administration.
4. No administration can "let" oil companies gouge us--in fact they have no control over the price what-so-ever. It's called supply & demand.

You really need to get an education--especially when it comes to actually what brought this economy to it's knees--so that it doesn't happen again. First of all politicians on both sides of the isle will never "blame" themselves for anything. They will always point their fingers at someone else.

In fact, it is our government that decided to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country--while lowering lending standards--& using sub-prime mortgages. Robert Rubin --former treasury secretary of the Clinton admininstration along with Alan Greenspan fully sponsored & supported the derivatives markets--even after warnings. Walls street bought up Fannie/Freddie mortgages & started trading mortgage backed securities in the derivatives market. They built a house of cards that collapsed with the American taxpayer holding the bag. It's that simple--even though policians will tell you it was all Wall Street's fault. Warning after warning were ignored by both congressional & senate banking boards. Bill Clinton is on video blaming democrats for the Fannie/Freddie disaster. Robert Rubin & Alan Greenspan are on video & have already apologized for their hand in the derivatives market disaster.

READ IT & WEAP--& get an education--:lol::lol:

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
lots of taxpayers helped to build that house of (credit) cards, too. at some point, foreclosure's got to be seen as not paying your mortgage for a year.

lots of taxpayers helped to build that house of (credit) cards, too. at some point, foreclosure's got to be seen as not paying your mortgage for a year.

Certainly--there are people who will take advantage of a government sponsored loop-hole.

I have seen it in my own construction business.

For instance--you go to your local banker. You tell your banker that you want to borrow 400K for a home--you have lousy credit--no verifiable income--no collateral & no down payment & see how fast he/she throws you out of his office. Now go back to that same banker--with 160 million American co-signers & see how fast he approves that loan--:lol::lol:

And that's exactly what happened.

Last edited:
naive to think that banks were unaware of their risk, or felt underwriting was a guarantee in subprime lending. banks made a run for profits in that sector. S&L's came and went specifically to generate high-risk loans. if anything, the derivatives game mitigated the weakness in the individual mortgages, such that banks all felt they were on to something. its very narrow-minded to buy in to punditspeach pinning the bear share of responsibility on the government.

i say monetary/public finance policy and the comensurate rates played a bigger role in bringing about the scale of the bust (and boom) than derregulation did.

from what ive witnessed as a contractor in las vegas, the stereotype of your foreclosee doesnt fit the bill as much as the overextended investor caught with his pants down does. they were sub-prime risk, too. the mexican first-time buyer types seem to be struggling to hold on to their homes. but are holding on.

Yeah......it was greed that caused them to buy off Bush Jr.

By the way, recently, a GOP congress critter said that paying for things under Bush Jr.'s admin was kinda shined on.

Apparently, not paying for things was their way of doing stuff. Remember that the Iraq war wasn't put into the budget either.

And yes........on occasion, I do like to enjoy a smooth smoke. Incidentally, ginko bilboa doesn't work for helping offset senility and Alzheimer's.

Cannabis does. Harvard Medical and the Royal British Medical Society have proven this.

Know why pot is illegal? Racism and greed.

You like racism and greed.....don't you?

Ok, thanks I just wanted to be clear and now we understand each other. You think greed causes people to bankrupt their organizations and I disagree with that philosophy, I think greed causes people to seek out means for high returns on their investments.

No, I don't THINK greed causes people to bankrupt their organizations, I KNOW it.

Ever hear of "embezelment"?

Ever hear of a man named Bernie Madoff? (his named is pronounced "made off" as in he made off with other people's money).

Know what addiction is? It's when you become so greedy for your substance of choice, that you will bankrupt yourself, get rid of your family, and eventually, leave your job, because feeling good and getting YOUR stuff only, is what greed is at it's essence.

Ambition is what causes someone to seek out means for high returns, because when you are seeking out with ambition, you are trying to do the greatest good and use the least amount of raw material.

Greed is when you seek it out only for yourself, at the detriment of those trying to help you.

Like I said birdbrain, you really ain't got a clue, have ya?

Nether do you.:cool:

Certainly--there are people who will take advantage of a government sponsored loop-hole.

For instance--you go to your local banker. You tell your banker that you want to borrow 400K for a home--you have lousy credit--no verifiable income--no collateral & no down payment & see how fast he/she throws you out of his office. Now go back to that same banker--with 160 million American co-signers & see how fast he approves that loan--:lol::lol:

The banks were told by the government to issue the subprime loans, they had no choice, they refused for as long as they could and such policies as redlining were made illegal, whereby banks were no longer able to protect themselves from credit risks.

The nation was for the stimulus package and for healthcare reform before tens of millions were spent programming people to the contrary.

Not quite correct. The millions who voted for this administration & congress--were made to believe that they would get "free" healthcare paid for by others. When they found out that they were going to be forced into this health care plan & that they themselves would have to pay for it--they turned on this administration. Those millions of union members don't like it either--because they found out that their health care benefits that their employers pay for will be added as income back to their income tax return & they will be donating to those 30 million who don't have health care---:lol::lol:

54% of this country voted for Obama & over 61% of this nation is against this health care bill. What does that tell you? It ain't just republicans--:lol::lol:

Can you show me a single healthcare proposal where people were offered "free" healthcare?

Are you really that out of touch?

The 61% who oppose this bill includes those who think it does to much and those who think it does too little

Last edited:
naive to think that banks were unaware of their risk, or felt underwriting was a guarantee in subprime lending. banks made a run for profits in that sector. S&L's came and went specifically to generate high-risk loans. if anything, the derivatives game mitigated the weakness in the individual mortgages, such that banks all felt they were on to something. its very narrow-minded to buy in to punditspeach pinning the bear share of responsibility on the government.

i say monetary/public finance policy and the comensurate rates played a bigger role in bringing about the scale of the bust (and boom) than derregulation did.

from what ive witnessed as a contractor in las vegas, the stereotype of your foreclosee doesnt fit the bill as much as the overextended investor caught with his pants down does. they were sub-prime risk, too. the mexican first-time buyer types seem to be struggling to hold on to their homes. but are holding on.

Banks didn't take much risk when they could loan money one day--close the loan the next--& then sell the mortgage to someone else the 3rd day---:lol::lol: I don't know how old you are--or even if you own a home. But my mortgage, which was originated in the mid-1990's was sold 3 different times-in the first 3 years of it's existence-before someone actually held it for more than 3 years.

It's extremely narrow minded of you to believe that government or the incompetent management of Fannie/Freddie had anything to do with this current economic collapse--when these agencies are GROUND ZERO for this current economic collapse. It was government policy that set the course for this collapse. All roads & economic woes lead right back to the door step of the federal government. All looked the other way in their policy of "everyone deserves homeownership." They promoted it--& then they ignored every single warning.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/b...dit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html?pagewanted=1

And as stated specifically in the above article that is now over 10 years old.

In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980's.

''From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us,'' said Peter Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. ''If they fail, the government will have to step up and bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry.''

Last edited:

Can you show me a single healthcare proposal where people were offered "free" healthcare?

Are you really that out of touch?

The 61% who oppose this bill includes those who think it does to much and those who think it does too little

And do you see anywhere in my post where I stated that someone "proposed" free health care?---:lol::lol:

The banks were told by the government to issue the subprime loans, they had no choice, they refused for as long as they could and such policies as redlining were made illegal, whereby banks were no longer able to protect themselves from credit risks.

Exactly--then the banks--or should I say mortgage brokers--found the loop-hole--made these risky mortgage loans--using sub-prime interest rates--co-signed by 160 million taxpayers & loaned to "everyone"--then they packaged them up & sold them to Wall Street so they could use them in the derivatives markets.

All sponsored & defended by Federal government policy.

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.

In addition, banks, thrift institutions and mortgage companies have been pressing Fannie Mae to help them make more loans to so-called subprime borrowers. These borrowers whose incomes, credit ratings and savings are not good enough to qualify for conventional loans, can only get loans from finance companies that charge much higher interest rates -- anywhere from three to four percentage points higher than conventional loans.
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/b...dit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html?pagewanted=1

BTW--today you have to be "licensed" to be a mortgage broker--no more--person walking in door one day & becoming a mortgage broker the next--:lol::lol: At least NOW--they have a license to lose.

Last edited:

Banks didn't take much risk when they could loan money one day--close the loan the next--& then sell the mortgage to someone else the 3rd day---:lol::lol: I don't know how old you are--or even if you own a home. But my mortgage, which was originated in the mid-1990's was sold 3 different times-in the first 3 years of it's existence-before someone actually held it for more than 3 years.

It's extremely narrow minded of you to believe that government or the incompetent management of Fannie/Freddie had anything to do with this current economic collapse--when these agencies are GROUND ZERO for this current economic collapse. It was government policy that set the course for this collapse. All roads & economic woes lead right back to the door step of the federal government. All looked the other way in their policy of "everyone deserves homeownership." They promoted it--& then they ignored every single warning.

And as stated specifically in the above article that is now over 10 years old.

In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980's.

''From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us,'' said Peter Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. ''If they fail, the government will have to step up and bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry.''

ive not had any one loan for so long, i bought my first home ten years ago, but that was a cash effort with family. ive got a block of flats that the note has changed hands 4 times in 3.5 years. i know where youre coming from. its part of the basis for my sentiment above...
if anything, the derivatives game mitigated the weakness in the individual mortgages, such that banks all felt they were on to something.

furthermore, stan o'neal's gameplan precipitating his resignation and ML's annexation to BofA, and the latter's agressive countrywide loan gang's volume in vegas alone propped my suspicions up. the building frenzy, realtor/loan officer boom and home investor hackery made the last 5 years a hell of a boom where im lay my head. to think that the CRA and the clinton quotas were forcing any hands is garbage directly from the mouths of pundits. not fitting with the real deal. theres no redlining in the nation's foreclosure capital, whatsoever.

northern rock was GROUND ZERO if you ask me. thats when the kid called out the emperor for his new clothes, and the derivatives market hardened like high-early in the sun. i dont think a decade-old opinion would reveal as much.

How bad a case of mental emaciation does it take for someone to think the Republicans or Republican policies led to the financial crisis of 2008? Shit some of you liberals are really in need of brain enlargement pills.

You must be under informed.

Their deregulations allowed wallstreet to gamble our long term savings for their short term gains, and they failed, and we all paid the price. How's your 401K?

And the housing deregulations. GOP policies allowed the mortgage companies to be irresponsible and now our homes aren't worth what we paid for them.

The GOP allowed the energy/gas/oil companies to gouge us. There was no oil shortage. Gas at $4 a gallon helped put us in this recession. Many many Americans got hurt.

Healthcare costs went up 191% from 2001 to 2006, on the GOP's watch. They did nothing to stop it. Now healthcare costs us too much of our GDP.

The GOP took us into Iraq. $1 billion a month???

You can talk about Barnie Frank, Fanny Mae, Dodd, Harry Reed and Pelosi all you want. There is no spinning the fact that the GOP put us in the mess we are in now.

All the pensions that were renigged on??? The GOP passed a bill that allowed companies to tap into those funds and those companies emptied the $ and then went bankrupt, so all those people got screwed.

And the GOP passed laws that encouraged companies to go overseas.

And they created loopholes so rich people could hide their money overseas.

Wake up.

I really don't know how long you have actually been paying attention to politics.

1. Most outsourcing was done during the 1990's--under the Clinton administration.
2. AIG was deregulated during the 1990's during the Clinton administration.
3. Fannie/Freddie were deregulated--or should I say--lending requirements were reduced--while using sub-prime mortgages--during the 1990's during the Clinton administration.
4. No administration can "let" oil companies gouge us--in fact they have no control over the price what-so-ever. It's called supply & demand.

You really need to get an education--especially when it comes to actually what brought this economy to it's knees--so that it doesn't happen again. First of all politicians on both sides of the isle will never "blame" themselves for anything. They will always point their fingers at someone else.

In fact, it is our government that decided to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country--while lowering lending standards--& using sub-prime mortgages. Robert Rubin --former treasury secretary of the Clinton admininstration along with Alan Greenspan fully sponsored & supported the derivatives markets--even after warnings. Walls street bought up Fannie/Freddie mortgages & started trading mortgage backed securities in the derivatives market. They built a house of cards that collapsed with the American taxpayer holding the bag. It's that simple--even though policians will tell you it was all Wall Street's fault. Warning after warning were ignored by both congressional & senate banking boards. Bill Clinton is on video blaming democrats for the Fannie/Freddie disaster. Robert Rubin & Alan Greenspan are on video & have already apologized for their hand in the derivatives market disaster.

READ IT & WEAP--& get an education--:lol::lol:

I agree in some sense. Clinton was way to "republican" on some issues for my taste. Not like anyone since re-regulated Fanny or Freddie. This is akin blaming Clinton for NAFTA forgetting Bush1 was for a stronger version of it. While we may admit in hindsight it was a bad idea share the blame around to everyone who thought it was a good idea.

Tada, and then Scott Brown was elected to take over the liberal lion's seat in Massachusetts, and I am Nostrildumbass!

;)

The entire nation was against the stimulus package and now this corrupt healthcare debacle, and somehow the left needs to focus on the powerless GOP in order to assuage their own misgivings over their Party's corruption.

Please, tell us what you agreed with on this healthcare debacle, or the government stimulus ripoff, or the TARP, or hell, anything this government has forced on us in the last year or so.

:cuckoo:

A third of the stimulus package was tax cuts. You were against those?

Btw, about 150 billion of this years deficit is attributable to lost revenue from the stimulus bill tax cuts. You cons should love that, it's Reaganism/Bushism all over again.

Last edited:
when you start reducing my taxation by more than twenty to thirty grand, I might get horny. Other than that, I felt nothing.

:)

Mythical? Last time I checked, they still have enough seats to block any legislation from being passed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back