You Know The Liberals Are Reaching When They Are Still Blaming Mythical Republicans

Right now the Republican Party is operating with an empty tool box, and will have little impact on the Democrat health care package, just like they were non-existent in the Porkulus bill. Hell, Democrats already drooling over TARP money left over.

So if "Right Winger" feels they have had some impact, I would like to see where or how.

;)

Long pause anticipated...................

You know.........speaking as someone who has worked in the government for 20 years, as well as having had a significant input on the spending of my commands during the 2nd half of my career, I can tell you this......

If you have a supervisor on one fiscal year (say.....2007), and a new one come in (say......2009), the budget made by the one in 2007 is still going to have a major effect on the doings of the new boss.

In other words, the fallout will last approx 1 - 2 years before it is completely Obama's ball.

By my estimation (and from what I'd seen in the Navy), Obama and the dems will have to stop blaming Bush Jr. around June or Sept., because the fiscal year that Obama has had all the input on won't go into effect until 1 October.

I mean, look at some of the other bills, because they don't go into effect until 1 or 2 years later. Why? The requirements of the previous boss have to be honored.

Why else do you think that Wall St. thought it was okay to keep their bonuses after their banks failed? It was because it had been negotiated under Bush Jr.

The entire nation was against the stimulus package and now this corrupt healthcare debacle, and somehow the left needs to focus on the powerless GOP in order to assuage their own misgivings over their Party's corruption.

Please, tell us what you agreed with on this healthcare debacle, or the government stimulus ripoff, or the TARP, or hell, anything this government has forced on us in the last year or so.

:cuckoo:

The entire nation?

MOST Americans want a public option and a medicare buy-in for 55's and up. Those major elements of healthcare were killed by the Republicans plus 1.

Why else do you think that Wall St. thought it was okay to keep their bonuses after their banks failed? It was because it had been negotiated under Bush Jr.

Ya, by Chris Goddamn Dodd, remember?

You know.........speaking as someone who has worked in the government for 20 years, as well as having had a significant input on the spending of my commands during the 2nd half of my career, I can tell you this......

If you have a supervisor on one fiscal year (say.....2007), and a new one come in (say......2009), the budget made by the one in 2007 is still going to have a major effect on the doings of the new boss.

In other words, the fallout will last approx 1 - 2 years before it is completely Obama's ball.

By my estimation (and from what I'd seen in the Navy), Obama and the dems will have to stop blaming Bush Jr. around June or Sept., because the fiscal year that Obama has had all the input on won't go into effect until 1 October.

I mean, look at some of the other bills, because they don't go into effect until 1 or 2 years later. Why? The requirements of the previous boss have to be honored.

Great points. But even in September, the Dems will still be dealing with the obstructionist GOP, Blue Dogs and Lobbyists.

It wasn't BUSH the man, himself that was the problem. Its the entire GOP party. It needs to change direction.

Those major elements of healthcare were killed by the Republicans plus 1.

I call complete bull shit on that one. Start being responsible for your own votes please.

The lobbyists bought out the LEFT, not blue dogs and the non-existent GOP. All the lobbying cash went to the Barney Franks!

Is anyone watching the news around here???

Its corporate power vs power of the people going on right now.

We just need things to go back to how they were before Bush 2. Maybe even before Reagan. We should probably role back the Reagan tax cuts too. Not just the Bush 2 ones.

Is this country for We The People or for the corporations to rule us as serfs and peasants.

Guys if your sick of the rehashes of George Bush Join me in my response.

This is your ONLY response to the anti-bush ranting if it happens this far out of his presidency

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqthxwq51M8[/ame]

The lobbyists bought out the LEFT, not blue dogs and the non-existent GOP. All the lobbying cash went to the Barney Franks!

Is anyone watching the news around here???

And somehow the lobbyists all of the sudden want the exact opposite of what they wanted the last 8 years? Then why do you demonize Frank if he's no different than McCain or Bush?

Or are you suggesting they are just different lobbyists with different agendas?

Because I probably approve of liberal lobbyists programs a lot more than I do conservative ones.

The GOP lobbyists pushed for deregulations, and collapsed our economy.

They wrote our energy policies and bankrupted the world with $4 gas. They faked a gas shortage!!!

God forbid our lliberal obbyists want to clean up pollution or reign in the oil and healthcare monopolies. Or give to inner cities.

Guys if your sick of the rehashes of George Bush Join me in my response.

This is your ONLY response to the anti-bush ranting if it happens this far out of his presidency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqthxwq51M8

Wasn't that his first State of the Union address to the American people when he'd gotten re-elected?

I KNEW he was telling us to fuck off!

:lol: i dont know when it was...i have an unedited version if you want it

The issue is "supposed" health care reform. I have no idea why Democrats sold us out to the drug and insurance industry, but that's where we are. An exceptionally Mickey Mouse bill, that wreaks of corruption. The Republicans failed us miserably. And now, again, the Democrats only maintaining or exceeding those failures. And for what?

To say you could pass a pathetic bill?

Oh, happy days.

Everything the Bush critcis were worried about with Democrats has proven right, and I watched in horror as the left ignored those worries. And now, the left actually defends those actions they previously dismissed as quite OK today.

You folks need to start making an ounce of sense.

The issue is "supposed" health care reform. I have no idea why Democrats sold us out to the drug and insurance industry, but that's where we are. An exceptionally Mickey Mouse bill, that wreaks of corruption. The Republicans failed us miserably. And now, again, the Democrats only maintaining or exceeding those failures. And for what?

To say you could pass a pathetic bill?

Oh, happy days.

Everything the Bush critcis were worried about with Democrats has proven right, and I watched in horror as the left ignored those worries. And now, the left actually defends those actions they previously dismissed as quite OK today.

You folks need to start making an ounce of sense.

There is good in the current bill. But yes, the Insurance companies will always win. You want capitalism, you got it.

But eventually it will be improved on too. It will be amended later

It doesn't take affect until 2014. Relax. Obama doesn't just give you $400 and throw it on the debt. That was Bush's idea and it didn't work. The Dems plans are much more long term and they are going to be sustainable. But its tough because they are taking on the

GOP
Lobbyists
Blue Dog Dems like Lieberman
Rush
Fox

Funny the GOP said we couldn't afford social security in 1999 but then they put us in 2 wars costing us billions every month? And now they say we can't give every American healthcare? Yes we can!!

I know some of you would rather just get $400 and continue to see jobs go overseas and continue to see healthcare costs increase and gas prices go to $4 and your home and 401K values plummitted.

No Democrat should have an opinion on Social Security unless they pay into the system, and one fourth of all public employees, MOSTLY Democrats, do not even pay into the system. You still have 500K federal employees left hired pre-1983 who still don't pay into the system, which INCLUDES the senior management of Social Security today. They don't pay into the system.

I really don't think any Democrat has a leg to stand on, or the right to even discuss anything to do with Social Security, when a significant chunk of their voting base never paid into this swell system.

No Democrat should have an opinion on Social Security unless they pay into the system, and one fourth of all public employees, MOSTLY Democrats, do not even pay into the system. You still have 500K federal employees left hired pre-1983 who still don't pay into the system, which INCLUDES the senior management of Social Security today. They don't pay into the system.

I really don't think any Democrat has a leg to stand on, or the right to even discuss anything to do with Social Security, when a significant chunk of their voting base never paid into this swell system.

WRONG!

Those "peasants" as you probably think of them, pay PLENTY of taxes. They pay sales taxes on everything they buy, like their gas, tv's, cars, EVERYTHING. They/We pay into the system PLENTY.

And social security was designed to take care of our poorest, jerk.

Also, news flash!!!! You only get X amount from SS based on how much you have worked. So you are just flat out worrying about NOTHING on this one.

A nation's greatness isn't measured by how its richest people get along, its measured by how it treats its poorest.

Every American should have had health care 100 years ago.

We did. The doctor would even come to your home. Then the healthcare companies got in the middle and screwed it up. The doctors worked with the insurance companies at first because they thought it would allow them to focus on doctoring.

It didn't work. The for profit insurance companies went too far to max out their profits. They got greedy and now must be reigned in by our government. The government represents the people and the corporations have too much power. Healthcare is costing too much of our GDP. If you side with the insurance companies, then you are just a right wing robot and there is nothing else to say to you if you don't understand why.

Companies only operate inside the US if they are both profitable and benefit society. That came from the founding fathers.

Every American already had healthcare.
They had access to it... if they bought it.

The lumberjacks used to buy 'hospital tickets' for 5 bucks a year. All the care they needed at the local hospital if something went wrong. But they paid for it, or their fellow 'jacks did if they couldn't afford it.

No government involvement. The Hospitals hired a salesman to go out to the camps to sell the tickets and did so at a tidy profit for them, and great cost for the lumberjacks.

You still don't have a right to it for free or force someone else to pay for it.

Forum List

Back