You don't say...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are operating from a position of faith

I do tend to have some measure of faith in people that know a lot more about and have done a lot more work relevant to the subject than anybody else.

I believe climate science is the unfortunate victim of an error cascade

Do you think most atmospheric physicists would agree with that? Do you think anything close to a majority of any scientific organization on Earth would agree with that?

It was PhDs in various specialties who originally sent me off in that direction..

There is NO CONSENSUS....None!

Would most atmospheric physicists say that global warming is a hoax with no evidence to support it?
Anthroprogenic Warming has no evidenciary link. This doesn't mean the earth is not warming. The natural causes can and have created warming much faster and far greater in the past. At this point Man's impact can not be discerned from noise in our climactic system. All current understanding and papers published show man's infuence to be less than 2% of the current warming. ie; 0.01 deg C.

You didn't answer my question.
I wont until you tell me what your credentials are that give you superior authority to make the claims you are.

He has no credentials...by his own admission, he is unable to evaluate any of the science...It is his lack of education that has led to him assigning god like qualities to climate scientists as if they had some special scientific knowledge that only they were capable of understanding...anyone with any sort of education at all knows that simply is not true.

Science can be wrong without having been a hoax.

Yes, but when most of the most educated scientists in the world are saying something similar you should respect that viewpoint at the very least. Scientists all over the world are not intentionally misleading the public for grant money. Anybody that believes that is a fucking idiot. Funding for climate science is necessary even if AGW turns out to not be happening. Their livelihood is not at risk.

you are operating from a position of faith

I do tend to have some measure of faith in people that know a lot more about and have done a lot more work relevant to the subject than anybody else.

Even when those people have never produced a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supported their hypothesis over the null hypothesis?

Science can be wrong without having been a hoax.

Yes, but when most of the most educated scientists in the world are saying something similar you should respect that viewpoint at the very least. Scientists all over the world are not intentionally misleading the public for grant money. Anybody that believes that is a fucking idiot. Funding for climate science is necessary even if AGW turns out to not be happening. Their livelihood is not at risk.

Most scientists in the world aren't saying that at all...Most scientists don't depend on some degree of agreement with the AGW hypothesis in order to continue collecting their paycheck...the only ones who are onboard with the AGW hypothesis are those who are making money off it...follow the money.. It simply is not true that "most" scientists in the world believe the AGW hypothesis to have any merit...

Do you think most atmospheric physicists would agree with that? Do you think anything close to a majority of any scientific organization on Earth would agree with that?

It was PhDs in various specialties who originally sent me off in that direction..

You didn't answer my questions.

I haven't had the discussion with "most" atmospheric physicists...It is easy enough to do the research if you are interested...look them up...look at their work...if they are getting grant money associated with climate change, then they probably say they put some stock in it...if they aren't dependent on climate change for their paycheck, then they probably aren't on board...and if they have retired and have sufficient f'ck you money...then you would be hard pressed to find a single one who agrees with the AGW hypothesis...

I haven't had the discussion with "most" atmospheric physicists.

I want you to state clearly that you do not believe most of the most educated scientists are saying that AGW is happening to some extent.

as if they had some special scientific knowledge that only they were capable of understanding.

You'd have that knowledge too if you were a practicing climate scientist.

I already had it back when the best gig a climatologist could hope to get was as a weatherman on a local TV station. It is truly sad, and unfortunate for someone to be as uneducated and awed by scientists as you are here in the information age..

Most scientists in the world aren't saying that at all

It's not true that most of the scientists most educated about the subject are saying AGW is happening to some extent?

AGW is not an esoteric subject...it isn't complicated..and one doesn't need a degree in climatology to completely grasp the topic...you must be terribly uneducated to believe such nonsense...

I already had it back when...

Bullshit.

You are not a practicing climate scientist. A few articles you read and graphs that you saw cannot bridge the gap between you and people that study this for a living.

AGW is not an esoteric subject...it isn't complicated..and one doesn't need a degree in climatology to completely grasp the topic...you must be terribly uneducated to believe such nonsense...

Answer the question Sparky.

I haven't had the discussion with "most" atmospheric physicists.

I want you to state clearly that you do not believe most of the most educated scientists are saying that AGW is happening to some extent.

No...I don't think that most educated scientists believe that AGW is a valid hypothesis...Now most will say that we can have an influence on local climate..and I am 100% in agreement with that...but that is not global....

No...I don't think that most educated scientists believe that AGW is a valid hypothesis.

flacaltenn

Your thoughts?

Is it not true that most of the scientists that are actively doing work relevant to the topic believe that AGW is happening to some extent?

I already had it back when...

Bullshit.

You are not a practicing climate scientist. A few articles you read and graphs that you saw cannot bridge the gap between you and people that study this for a living.

You are an uneducated rube to believe such nonsense...One of us can produce all the published, peer reviewed science necessary to support his position...one of us can't...one of us is educated, and has a grasp on the science...the other is not...one of us can put his hands on actual science to support his position....one of us is operating from a position of faith...and awe in ordinary people whose education isn't extraordinary by any definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back