You are on your own, California

I don't think Maggie Mae is online tonight.

You miss my question before, or you just unable to answer simple questions?

already told you about wikipedia, you stupid fucking invalid. I'm not discussing it with you anymore, so go discuss it with that trash-whore maggie, ok daft ****?

Run away little baby, run away...

You don't have the time to discuss it, but you have the time to follow me around to every thread I post on, and whine like a little bitch?

what you dont get is that everyone that buys fuel, pays for the roads
but the states and feds take some of that money to use for OTHER things

Yes, and other money goes to pay for the roads as well.
no, it doesnt
not when they take money from the fuel tax to pay for OTHER things
you dumbfuck

Yes, it does fuckwit. Fuel taxes are put into a general fund which pays for other things as well.

you take that one line out of context in that link you used
no way 3/4s of the Texas state budget is paying for "transportation"
this is why you are fucked up
you find sites that you want to support it but even then it doesnt

Retard. Its a general fund, that doesn't mean it pays for everything in the Texas budget.

Of course...mass transit are scams, but unprofitable roads aren't, eh?
Irrelevant.

The fuel tax money is collected under the the pretext that the funds are to go to roads and bridges everywhere, not just pissed away on Utopian mass transit scams that only benefit a very few city dwellers.

A very few city dwellers? Actually quite a few city dwellers. And I pay taxes that go for your shitty unprofitable roads, and NOT gas taxes either.

Its amazing that people have bought into this idea that gas taxes pay for roads. They don't. Not even close.

Irrelevant.

The fuel tax money is collected under the the pretext that the funds are to go to roads and bridges everywhere, not just pissed away on Utopian mass transit scams that only benefit a very few city dwellers.
they should take the fed gas tax and end it, have each state raise their gas tax to match
then require that all revenues from fuel taxes can ONLY be used for roads and road bridges
anything else would need to find a different funding source

Sure, and also require that only gas tax funds can be spent for roads.

Texas gas tax would be $2.22 :lol:

What started as temporary was made permanent. What started as direct way to finance, changed into 'general funds deposits' and 'paper transfers' to highways. It's what government always does. :rolleyes:

The trillions allocated in the past months, but not spent, will be spent later on other things, never worry your mind about what. The billions returned by the banks with interest for TARP will not lower the deficit, not a bit-that will also be spent.

Financing Federal-Aid Programs - Highway Trust Fund

Except that states put a lot of money into roads as well.

from the gas tax they collect...

And from other taxes.

By the way...cities and municipalities build roads as well. Where do they get the money to do that?

in my state from what we are told,the gas tax gets divided between the feds and state for building and maintaining federal and state highways....the county and cities build and maintain their roads by the local sales tax imposed....i am not sure if they get any of the gas tax for this purpose, BUT they may....most county and city roads seem to already be built,so it comes down to maintaining them...

Irrelevant.

A very few city dwellers? Actually quite a few city dwellers. And I pay taxes that go for your shitty unprofitable roads, and NOT gas taxes either.

Its amazing that people have bought into this idea that gas taxes pay for roads. They don't. Not even close.
Compared to the people who use roads outside of urban areas, those who take advantage of money-sucking subsidized mass transit are in fact very few in number.

You miss my question before, or you just unable to answer simple questions?

already told you about wikipedia, you stupid fucking invalid. I'm not discussing it with you anymore, so go discuss it with that trash-whore maggie, ok daft ****?

Run away little baby, run away...

You don't have the time to discuss it, but you have the time to follow me around to every thread I post on, and whine like a little bitch?

don't flatter yourself, Nikki.

from the gas tax they collect...

And from other taxes.

By the way...cities and municipalities build roads as well. Where do they get the money to do that?

in my state from what we are told,the gas tax gets divided between the feds and state for building and maintaining federal and state highways....the county and cities build and maintain their roads by the local sales tax imposed....i am not sure if they get any of the gas tax for this purpose, BUT they may....most county and city roads seem to already be built,so it comes down to maintaining them...

Funny...something other than gas taxes paying for roads. Who woulda thought?

Irrelevant.

Compared to the people who use roads outside of urban areas, those who take advantage of money-sucking subsidized mass transit are in fact very few in number.

So then you should be able to pay for your ungodly expensive roads all by yourselves then, eh?

And from other taxes.

Funny...something other than gas taxes paying for roads. Who woulda thought?
the states only maintain the STATE HIGHWAYS you dumbass
you are too fucking stupif for words

Forum List

Back