You are on your own, California

The state gas tax only pays for 32% of our current state transportation budget.

The Texas Transportation Challenge

No doubt you'll spin and lie about that as well. But there is it, in plain black and white. State gas taxes don't come anywhere close to paying for roads.
DAMN, is there NOTHING you cant take out of context?
you are such a fucking MORON

Explain the context then. How did I misinterpret the fact that the state gas tax only pays for 32% of the Texas state transportation budget?

in my state from what we are told,the gas tax gets divided between the feds and state for building and maintaining federal and state highways....the county and cities build and maintain their roads by the local sales tax imposed....i am not sure if they get any of the gas tax for this purpose, BUT they may....most county and city roads seem to already be built,so it comes down to maintaining them...

Funny...something other than gas taxes paying for roads. Who woulda thought?
the states only maintain the STATE HIGHWAYS you dumbass
you are too fucking stupif for words

So how do local roads get paid for then? Let me guess...something other than the gas tax? Hmmm?

The Texas Transportation Challenge

No doubt you'll spin and lie about that as well. But there is it, in plain black and white. State gas taxes don't come anywhere close to paying for roads.

Explain the context then. How did I misinterpret the fact that the state gas tax only pays for 32% of the Texas state transportation budget?
actually read and comprehend your links
too much to expect from you, i know

btw, that was 32% from TEXAS STATE GAS TAX
dumbfuck

and that again was funding TRANSPORTATION(NOT ALL ROADS)

Last edited:

So how do local roads get paid for then? Let me guess...something other than the gas tax? Hmmm?
DUH!!!!!!!!!

the counties and cities and towns maintain their roads
you are too fucking stupid

and yes, on some roads there is cross coverage
like a US route (example: US Route 1, will get funding from federal, state, and local governments)

Last edited:

actually read and comprehend your links
too much to expect from you, i know

I do. You apparently don't. Care to attempt to explain how I took it all out of context? Good luck with that.

DUH!!!!!!!!!

the counties and cities and towns maintain their roads
you are too fucking stupid

So...your admitting that roads get paid for by other taxes other than the gas tax?

A very few city dwellers? Actually quite a few city dwellers. And I pay taxes that go for your shitty unprofitable roads, and NOT gas taxes either.

Its amazing that people have bought into this idea that gas taxes pay for roads. They don't. Not even close.
Compared to the people who use roads outside of urban areas, those who take advantage of money-sucking subsidized mass transit are in fact very few in number.

So then you should be able to pay for your ungodly expensive roads all by yourselves then, eh?
What in hell are you talking about??

but that is just my state Nik.....Cal. has a hell of a lot of highway and around the LA metro area there is A LOT of traffic...the gas tax alone may not be enough to maintain them.....

but that is just my state Nik.....Cal. has a hell of a lot of highway and around the LA metro area there is A LOT of traffic...the gas tax alone may not be enough to maintain them.....
Well, of course it isn't.

Besides the part of the federal gas tax that's pissed away on urban mass transit money pits, a pretty substantial chunk goes to line the pockets of federal bureaucrats, who produce absolutely nothing in divvying up the remainder to those they think best deserve it.

Nice work, if you can get it.

Besides the part of the federal gas tax that's pissed away on urban mass transit money pits, a pretty substantial chunk goes to line the pockets of federal bureaucrats, who produce absolutely nothing in divvying up the remainder to those they think best deserve it.

of course, thats why the fed gas tax should be eliminated and the states should raise theirs accordingly
why send money to Washington, DC only to have THEM decide where it goes
it should stay within the states

of course, thats why the fed gas tax should be eliminated and the states should raise theirs accordingly
why send money to Washington, DC only to have THEM decide where it goes
it should stay within the states

i can agree with that....but in Cal. i can see these idiots using it to pay for illegal health care....

Compared to the people who use roads outside of urban areas, those who take advantage of money-sucking subsidized mass transit are in fact very few in number.

So then you should be able to pay for your ungodly expensive roads all by yourselves then, eh?

Do I need to fucking spell it out for you?

If there are so many more people who just use roads as opposed to mass transit, why are taxes coming from general funds to pay for roads?

If there are so many more people who just use roads as opposed to mass transit, why are taxes coming from general funds to pay for roads?
Because a shitload of the money collected from fuel taxes, which are supposed to be going to roads and bridges, are being funneled to those mass transit money pits.

I'm certain that was already spelled out for you....Having problems reading for comprehension??

On a Texas road they found that to actually pay for the road solely with gas taxes, they would need to increase the tax to $2.22 a gallon. They further found that no road in Texas paid for itself via the gas tax.

All my research points to roads NOT being paid for via gas taxes. In multiple states. I've seen no evidence at all that the gas tax fully pays for roads anywhere, so I don't see much reason to think that it would in California.

Because a shitload of the money collected from fuel taxes, which are supposed to be going to roads and bridges, are being funneled to those mass transit money pits.

I'm certain that was already spelled out for you....Having problems reading for comprehension??

Really? Care to provide proof of that?

gas taxes only make up 32% of what Texas spends on transportation costs. Do you think that roads are more, or less than 32% of what Texas spends on transportation costs?

By the way, thats ONLY the state. That doesn't include all the city roads which are paid for via non gas taxes.

Forum List

Back