I may be having a change of heart

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
all of a sudden, after feeling burden out, and talking to my conservative friend last night. Im starting to feel that marriage is between a man and a woman, and that i have been very arrogant.

has anyone ever had a change of heart on a major issue

Oh yeah. Actually, on many.

One is the death penalty. Initially I was against it. Then I was very much for it and helped vote it back into Oregon.

Then I came full circle and realize I was right in the first place.

And I actually think I've changed my position on gay marriage...I started out against it...and I still am against it, morally...but at the same time I really don't think the state should be involved in marriage...

but I wish wash on that one, too. I mean, you have to have some sort of record keeping....in which case you might as well record the gay liaisons as well...

but then on the other hand, recognizing is condoning, and that's as wrong, as is condoning murder via abortion...

And so it goes.

Allie, what if we simply recognize that 'marriage' as a legal contract and ;marriage' as a oral/religious union are two separate entities that happen to share the same name in large part because of anthropologists who apply the term 'marriage' to a variety of unions (polyandrous, monogamous,m, etc) across many cultures.?

The State should recognize all such equal contracts,regardless of the sexes of the parties involved, but no individual or group (including, butt not limited to, churches) has to approve of anyone's relationship.

Sound fair enough?

Forum List

Back