You are on your own, California

In other news, the legislature in Sacramento is considering adopting a new flag for California.

After many hours of deliberation in committee, the bi-partisan committee will be introducing the following as the new flag of the state which best represents the current environment.

BananaRep.jpg

bi-partisan?.....i dont think this state has one of them....San Francisco has a flag very similar to that one by the way....VERY fruity....:lol:

Last edited:
Proof of this?
the proof is in the FACT that gas taxes also fund bus service and ferry's and other non road things

They don't. Gas taxes (along with other taxes) go into a general fund and that general fund pays for other things.
not in every state, MORON
thats how Texas does it
and the money from fuel taxes amore than cover the costs of the roads
even in your own link it said that

the proof is in the FACT that gas taxes also fund bus service and ferry's and other non road things

They don't. Gas taxes (along with other taxes) go into a general fund and that general fund pays for other things.
thats how Texas does it

Care to link to how other states do it?

No, it didn't. It said, as I've repeated numerous times, that the fuel taxes go into a general fund which includes taxes from other sources, which then goes to pay for roads.

In fact, it specifically said that no road in texas is paid for exclusively through gas taxes. If no road in texas is paid for through gas taxes, how exactly do you come to the conclusion that gas taxes covers all the roads?

thats how Texas does it

No, it didn't. It said, as I've repeated numerous times, that the fuel taxes go into a general fund which includes taxes from other sources, which then goes to pay for roads.

In fact, it specifically said that no road in texas is paid for exclusively through gas taxes. If no road in texas is paid for through gas taxes, how exactly do you come to the conclusion that gas taxes covers all the roads?
you are a dumbfuck
im not gonna do research for you when you cant even get it from your own links

thats how Texas does it

you are a dumbfuck

You really are just incredibly stupid, aren't you? I posted exactly where it said that no road in texas pays for itself via gas taxes, and you just can't understand that concept. Really rather sad, actually.

Yeah, Dive, see what wikipedia says about it.:lol::lol::lol:
in his own link it said this

State motor fuel tax is collected from all over the state and goes into a single pool of revenue—about one quarter of which goes to fund education, and about three-quarters of which goes to the state’s highway fund, where it is spent on transportation uses and some non-transportation functions of government.

where one quarter of the fuel tax pays for non-road things and 3/4 pays for "transportation"*

*hint, transportation includes roads, buses, ferry's and other items that are NOT roads

State motor fuel tax is collected from all over the state and goes into a single pool of revenue—about one quarter of which goes to fund education, and about three-quarters of which goes to the state’s highway fund, where it is spent on transportation uses and some non-transportation functions of government.

where one quarter of the fuel tax pays for non-road things and 3/4 pays for "transportation"*

*hint, transportation includes roads, buses, ferry's and other items that are NOT roads

The single pool of revenue includes revenue NOT gotten from the gas tax .

He's a daft ****.

There is also a thing called Commercial Road Tax, where the 18 wheelers and such have additional taxes to pay for the road usage.

Last edited:

you are a dumbfuck

You really are just incredibly stupid, aren't you? I posted exactly where it said that no road in texas pays for itself via gas taxes, and you just can't understand that concept. Really rather sad, actually.
except your link didnt say that
its said no INDIVIDUAL ROAD
which is like NO FUCKING SHIT
but only 3/4's of the revenue from fuel taxes go towards "transportation"
you are too fucking stupid

you are a dumbfuck

Maybe he's like Obama and needs a teleprompter to put a coherent argument together.:lol::lol:

He's a daft ****.

Oh god...don't tell me you are suffering from a chronic case of the stupids as well?

you are a dumbfuck

Really? Why is it "like no fucking shit" exactly?

Tell me this. If no road pays for itself, how do you come to the conclusion that all the roads together somehow pay for themselves?

And no...only 3/4 of the revenue of the general fund which include taxes other than fuel taxes go towards transportation.

Tell me this. If no road pays for itself, how do you come to the conclusion that all the roads together somehow pay for themselves?

And no...only 3/4 of the revenue of the general fund which include taxes other than fuel taxes go towards transportation.
because when they say "roads" they are not taking about city streets and interstates
you dumbfuck

yeah, cause the only things in the Texas budget are education and "transportation"

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Worldchanging: Bright Green: Do Gas Taxes Cover the Costs of Roads?

Do Gas Taxes Cover the Costs of Roads?

The Texas highway department says no.

Hey, they disagree with you.

Do Gas Taxes Cover the Costs of Roads? — Sightline Daily - Northwest News that Matters

I thought this was interesting. The Texas highway department – Texas, no less! -- says that roads simply don’t pay for themselves.

Hey, heres another link saying that fuel taxes don't pay for roads.

FAQ's - Are all of our taxes going to fixing the roads

Are all of our taxes going to fixing the roads?

A: We are all sensitive to the amount of taxes we pay, and some are downright upset. Statements similar to the following are frequently heard: “I pay all these taxes; why can’t I get my roads fixed?”

Let’s first look at which taxes go to maintain roads. The principal source of funding for the Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) and Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), is the Michigan Transportation Fund (MTF), which is made up primarily of the state fuel tax and license plate fees. These are also the main sources of road funds for Michigan’s cities and villages.

The state fuel tax is 19 cents per gallon and, thus, represents a fixed income to those entities. In fact, if you have purchased a new car in the last few years that gets better gas mileage than your previous one, odds are you’re driving as much or more than before, but actually paying less in fuel tax to maintain the roads.

Some federal fuel tax revenues are available, but the bulk of these go only to MDOT for projects on state highways (freeways and roads with a ‘M’, ‘I’, or ‘US’ in their name such as M-59, I-75, or US-24).

Many cities and villages supplement their MTF revenues with additional funds from their general fund or from some other source. They discovered long ago that the MTF revenues were not sufficient to maintain their street systems.

because when they say "roads" they are not taking about city streets and interstates
you dumbfuck

What? When they say roads they aren't talking about city streets and interstates? Really? Why would you think that?

yeah, cause the only things in the Texas budget are education and "transportation"

:rolleyes:

What? What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back