Yet another reason I like Tina Fey

But then, what can one expect from someone who holds up a comedienne who's crowning performance glory was casting ridicule at one of the first women ever to have a shot at being elected into the White House..as a shining example of proud womanhood and an insightful and brilliant guru.

Tina Fey has done more to marginalize women than anyone since Bill Clinton, when he used State Troopers to round up women and bring them to him for banging purposes.

You are officially delusional.....freak....:cuckoo:

But then, what can one expect from someone who holds up a comedienne who's crowning performance glory was casting ridicule at one of the first women ever to have a shot at being elected into the White House..as a shining example of proud womanhood and an insightful and brilliant guru.

Tina Fey has done more to marginalize women than anyone since Bill Clinton, when he used State Troopers to round up women and bring them to him for banging purposes.

I thought the first woman to have a shot at the WH was Geraldine Ferraro?
The VP does not live in the WH anyway.

Interesting. I always understood that she refers to herself as an actress, comedian, writer and producer. I've never seen her referred to as a political commentator..... seems to me that the left often have difficulty differentiating between humor and reality.

Which might be why they get mocked by the right for holding the likes of Fey, Stewart and Colbert as examples of 'journalists' and 'commentators'.

If they had half a brain, they'd be embarrassed.

Who has said they are journos? They are definitely commentators - acerbic, funny and no holds barred, but definitely commentators. One of Fey's, Colbert's or Stewart's sketches has more insight into the inner mechanisms of the US political system, than 100 Anne Coulter appearances on O'Reilly or Hannity or any other right-wing hack programme.

And you think O'Reilly, Hannity or, god forbid, Beck, are journos? Or commentators. You'll probably cough to Beck not being a journo, but please, if you consider any of them commentators, then the three comedians leave them in their wake IMO....

Interesting. I always understood that she refers to herself as an actress, comedian, writer and producer. I've never seen her referred to as a political commentator..... seems to me that the left often have difficulty differentiating between humor and reality.

Which might be why they get mocked by the right for holding the likes of Fey, Stewart and Colbert as examples of 'journalists' and 'commentators'.

Who has said they are journos? They are definitely commentators - acerbic, funny and no holds barred, but definitely commentators. One of Fey's, Colbert's or Stewart's sketches has more insight into the inner mechanisms of the US political system, than 100 Anne Coulter appearances on O'Reilly or Hannity or any other right-wing hack programme.

And you think O'Reilly, Hannity or, god forbid, Beck, are journos? Or commentators. You'll probably cough to Beck not being a journo, but please, if you consider any of them commentators, then the three comedians leave them in their wake IMO....

Interesting. Because Fey's wiki page doesn't say jack shit about her being a commentator. Got a link? I've never called Beck a journalist. He's a commentator. But comedy is comedy - it is not commentary.... no matter how desperately you want it to be.

Last edited:

Commentators? I beg to differ. They're just comedians. If they get anything right, it's purely by accident IMO. Their liberal bias appeals to people with a liberal slant. That's why they're worth millions. They know their market and how to exploit it.

True; there's no way she could possibly see Russia from there.

I've never understood the left's predilection for letting comedians do their thinking for them.

Something Freudian going on, I think.

Brilliant come back!

And I think you need .....

19%5Ctissue%5Cimg%5C2007111914537.jpg

Nearly all political comedians are left leaning because the right has no sense of humor.

That is one possibility. Another, more likely, one is that you have no real idea how many right leaning comics there actually are because you never open your mind to anything you might disagree with.

Like she actually had a shot.

Interesting. Because Fey's wiki page doesn't say jack shit about her being a commentator. Got a link? I've never called Beck a journalist. He's a commentator. But comedy is comedy - it is not commentary.... no matter how desperately you want it to be.

Just because she doesn't say she's commentating doesn't mean she isn't. You think her "I can see Russia from my house" quote when she was playing Palin wasn't saying 'something' about the former governor...

Brilliant come back!

And I think you need .....

19%5Ctissue%5Cimg%5C2007111914537.jpg

Why do I need a tissue, when I'm feeling pity for you.....not sadness...:cool:

I've never understood the left's predilection for letting comedians do their thinking for them.

Something Freudian going on, I think.

I don't know any lefties who let comedians do their thinking for them. I know a lot who find their innuendos and insights funny.

However, I do find it funny how the righties on this board let the likes of Beck, hannity, O'reilly et al do their thinking for them. Tell you what Dave, you search for comedian threads started by lefties (even include this one if you like) that spruik comedians thinking for lefties. I'll do the same with Hannity, Beck and Oreilly threads started by the freaks. I might be some time...

I disagree Elvis. I reckon she was never in the running. I'd go as far to say she cost McCain the election...

It had a lot more to do with the economic meltdown.
Edit: There's no way he was going to win with anyone after the meltdown the previous month.
Aside from that, had she not resigned as governor, she'd be the frontrunner right now.

Forum List

Back