Yeah....how does a British guy get fully automatic machine guns, and a 74 gun arsenal?

Then you need to march right over there and tell the Queen that their gun laws are useless. I'll bet she will be grateful for the info, and change their laws immediately.

I really don't give a flying or any other kind of fuck about what goes on in the UK.

I gave you factual evidence that the gun laws they passed in the 60's did nothing to lower their murder rate.

You say their gun laws lowered their murder rate. You are wrong.

Please point out here I said that. Their laws are working. Ours are not.
The facts show that you are wrong.

You refusing to acknowledge reality does nothing to change those facts.
Got it. Their minute gun related death rate is higher than ours even though arithmetic says differently.

Their gun laws are not the reason for their lower murder rate

You can say otherwise as much as you want but you'll be wrong every time

Yoar kidding, right?

(Sarcasm)

Everyone knows that more laws mean less crime.

I really don't give a flying or any other kind of fuck about what goes on in the UK.

I gave you factual evidence that the gun laws they passed in the 60's did nothing to lower their murder rate.

You say their gun laws lowered their murder rate. You are wrong.

Please point out here I said that. Their laws are working. Ours are not.
The facts show that you are wrong.

You refusing to acknowledge reality does nothing to change those facts.
Got it. Their minute gun related death rate is higher than ours even though arithmetic says differently.

Their gun laws are not the reason for their lower murder rate

You can say otherwise as much as you want but you'll be wrong every time

Yoar kidding, right?

(Sarcasm)

Everyone knows that more laws mean less crime.

Exactly......the next law they need....is the one that says that it is really, really, really against the law to murder people....

and that should just about do it...and if it doesn't...we can always add a few more "Reallys" to the next law....

lets see waiting periods are law, background checks are law. what you want is to take weapons away from people not committing crimes while doing nothing about those that do commit crimes.

Some background checks are law. I can legally buy a truckload of guns tomorrow without even giving my name, much less an ID or background check.

And if you are a felon doing that you can already be arrested for doing it since you cannot legally buy, own or carry a gun. Those laws already exist.....they just keep letting those people back on the street.

And you want universal background checks.....which is stupid because criminals already use straw buyers to get their guns from gun stores where they are already required to do federally mandated background checks. Straw buyers can pass your current background checks....which means that if they went to a private seller, and the private seller had to do a background check....they would still pass the background check and then sell or give the gun to the felon....

You want something that already fails.....does that mean you are stupid...or really fucking stupid?

Sure, you could be arrested, but it won't happen until he actually commits a crime, AND gets caught with it, because nobody can know he bought it to start with. Why do you want to wait until AFTER the crime to catch him?

Because they aren't catching them before they commit the crime....but let me revise that....they are catching felons with illegal guns all the time.....when they do traffic stops and drug raids.......and then the judge lets them go or the prosecutor drops the gun charge....which allows them to go out, get another illegal gun they can't buy, own or carry, and then murder another criminal......

Again......background checks didn't stop the 9,616 gun murders in 2015.........they don't stop any of the mass public shooters....

But hey....lets make another background check that also won't stop criminals or mass shooters.

If they catch all the felons with guns, how do they manage to commit all those crimes? Expecting every bad guy to run a stop sign and get caught with a gun is not a very productive way to catch them.
But expecting every bad guy that wants a gun to go "gosh darn, I cant pass the background check so I guess I cant get one" is somehow different...

So....what British gun law kept this guy from walking into a British elementary school....or whatever they call it over there, and murdering a bunch of children
The Law of Probability. Where more people have arsenals, the more probable are massacres. For evidence of the truth of this, we should examine a place where more people have arsenals.

Oh look...

So....what British gun law kept this guy from walking into a British elementary school....or whatever they call it over there, and murdering a bunch of children
The Law of Probability. Where more people have arsenals, the more probable are massacres. For evidence of the truth of this, we should examine a place where more people have arsenals.

Oh look...

Yeah...except the people doing the shooting don't usually have arsenals......the Vegas shooter was rare......

And yet.....our gun crime rate has gone down, as more Americans own and carry guns.......you are wrong.

Some background checks are law. I can legally buy a truckload of guns tomorrow without even giving my name, much less an ID or background check.

And if you are a felon doing that you can already be arrested for doing it since you cannot legally buy, own or carry a gun. Those laws already exist.....they just keep letting those people back on the street.

And you want universal background checks.....which is stupid because criminals already use straw buyers to get their guns from gun stores where they are already required to do federally mandated background checks. Straw buyers can pass your current background checks....which means that if they went to a private seller, and the private seller had to do a background check....they would still pass the background check and then sell or give the gun to the felon....

You want something that already fails.....does that mean you are stupid...or really fucking stupid?

Sure, you could be arrested, but it won't happen until he actually commits a crime, AND gets caught with it, because nobody can know he bought it to start with. Why do you want to wait until AFTER the crime to catch him?

Because they aren't catching them before they commit the crime....but let me revise that....they are catching felons with illegal guns all the time.....when they do traffic stops and drug raids.......and then the judge lets them go or the prosecutor drops the gun charge....which allows them to go out, get another illegal gun they can't buy, own or carry, and then murder another criminal......

Again......background checks didn't stop the 9,616 gun murders in 2015.........they don't stop any of the mass public shooters....

But hey....lets make another background check that also won't stop criminals or mass shooters.

If they catch all the felons with guns, how do they manage to commit all those crimes? Expecting every bad guy to run a stop sign and get caught with a gun is not a very productive way to catch them.
But expecting every bad guy that wants a gun to go "gosh darn, I cant pass the background check so I guess I cant get one" is somehow different...

Answer my question first, and then you can divert.

Answer my question first, and then you can divert.
Your question was already answered - they are released.

why do you guys waste your time with people that will lie about anything to grab firearms? they want to ban guns? repel the second until that happens it won't occur.

So....what British gun law kept this guy from walking into a British elementary school....or whatever they call it over there, and murdering a bunch of children...considering even if the police showed up, they wouldn't have guns until their special units arrived....

Hmmmmmm, I believe that fully automatic weapons are completelly illegal on this island nation.....as are all the other guns this guy had........

How Did a "Gun Nut" Amass 160 Firearms in "Gun Free" UK? - The Truth About Guns

In the wake of three high-profile mass shootings — Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs and Rancho Tehema — I wonder if firearms freedom fence sitters are starting to get the message: gun control doesn’t work. Background checks don’t stop criminals, crazies and terrorists from tooling-up and going postal. Background checks don’t stop them. Assault weapon bans don’t stop them. Ammunition capacity laws don’t stop them. A bullet to the brain? That stops them! Here’s more proof [via dailyrecord.co.uk] . . .

An eccentric pensioner who was found to have a massive arsenal of weapons after the fire brigade rushed to put out a blaze at his home has been jailed for five years.

Paul Bushell had amassed around 160 firearms, some of which were loaded and included sub-machine guns and Russian-made AKM 47 rifles.

The 74-year-old stashed the weapons in a basement and in the top floor room at his Edwardian mid-terrace house, without any of his family knowing about it.

The guns found included a Sten submachine, a British Mk1 machine gun, an Armalite AR10 rifle, and a M10 sub-machine gun.

The pensioner also had a Kommando semi-automatic pistol, a Russian AKm47 rifle and a FN 1910 semi-automatic pistol.

Now I’m not saying that Mr. Bushell is a bad guy. None of the reports of his UK “arsenal” (not the football team) indicated that he planned to do anything nefarious with his firearms.

I highlight his case to make an obvious point: if a good guy can amass 74 firearms — including machine guns — in an island country American antis hail as a “gun free zone,” what are the chances that gun control laws canchoke off the firearms supply to bad guys in the U.S., a country with some 300m firearms in private hands? Exactly, precisely, none.

PASS MORE LAWS, PASS MORE LAWS, PASS MORE LAWS! It’s the only way to make sure nobody ever dies from guns again. #liberal logic

See the far left wants more laws, yet they can show how more laws will actually improve anything.

How about we enforce the laws that already exist first!

Then again gun laws have very little affect on someone driving a truck into a crowd of people!

Another failed far left religious narrative.

over 300 million firearms in legal private hands and murder is what 8000 remind us what percentage that is that would justify removing a right

Who wants to remove a right? A background check has nothing to do with rights. It will only stop someone who shouldn't be able to buy a gun anyway.

It will only stop someone who shouldn't be able to buy a gun anyway.

criminals go through other channels to get firearms

BINGO!!! That is the point silly.

so why try and punish the law abiding honest folk

And 'firearm related death' is an asinine statistic. Straight out homicide rate is what matters and what it shows is that culture is the issue here.
No, firearm homicide rate is what counts, no matter what statistics you want to conflate with it.

The OP is trying to claim we should not follow anything Great Britain has done. He claims the way we are doing things is better, yet they have an almost immeasurable murder rate and an even smaller gun related death rate. They are doing it right. We are the ones with the massive problem. Since we are talking about gun related deaths, what do you think would be more important than guns being easily available to people who shouldn't have them, and not even a background check before those people are able to buy one, or many?
Citizen. Please. The OP's threads are no place for reality.

I understand why the firearm homicide rates are strictly avoided by the nutters in favour of irrelevant statistics. The point is the firearm homicide rate in the US has been steady for a while. At vastly elevated levels compared to the rest of the developed democracies. The nutters contend the most powerful country in the world is helpless in the face of these facts. Helpless.

And of course it's true, the US can't do anything while the nutters' lobbyists own politicians. Helpless.

Yeah...except the people doing the shooting don't usually have arsenals......the Vegas shooter was rare......
So then it's the Law of Probability that says it is less probable arsenal owners commit mass firearms homicides. You've answered the question you posed in your OP.

How many ways do you want to contradict yourself in your mindless fascination with Britain while ignoring the US firearm homicide rate?

over 300 million firearms in legal private hands and murder is what 8000 remind us what percentage that is that would justify removing a right

Who wants to remove a right? A background check has nothing to do with rights. It will only stop someone who shouldn't be able to buy a gun anyway.

BINGO!!! That is the point silly.

so why try and punish the law abiding honest folk

That wouldn't punish anybody.

Yes,and drug users go through many different channels to get their drugs too. Is that a reason to not limit their access through any one of those channels?
Yeah and we all know how well that works

Forum List

Back