Yeah....how does a British guy get fully automatic machine guns, and a 74 gun arsenal?

over 300 million firearms in legal private hands and murder is what 8000 remind us what percentage that is that would justify removing a right

Who wants to remove a right? A background check has nothing to do with rights. It will only stop someone who shouldn't be able to buy a gun anyway.

And no criminals will ever figure out ways to get guns without going through a background check! RIGHT?

So....what British gun law kept this guy from walking into a British elementary school....or whatever they call it over there, and murdering a bunch of children...considering even if the police showed up, they wouldn't have guns until their special units arrived....

Hmmmmmm, I believe that fully automatic weapons are completelly illegal on this island nation.....as are all the other guns this guy had........

How Did a "Gun Nut" Amass 160 Firearms in "Gun Free" UK? - The Truth About Guns

In the wake of three high-profile mass shootings — Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs and Rancho Tehema — I wonder if firearms freedom fence sitters are starting to get the message: gun control doesn’t work. Background checks don’t stop criminals, crazies and terrorists from tooling-up and going postal. Background checks don’t stop them. Assault weapon bans don’t stop them. Ammunition capacity laws don’t stop them. A bullet to the brain? That stops them! Here’s more proof [via dailyrecord.co.uk] . . .

An eccentric pensioner who was found to have a massive arsenal of weapons after the fire brigade rushed to put out a blaze at his home has been jailed for five years.

Paul Bushell had amassed around 160 firearms, some of which were loaded and included sub-machine guns and Russian-made AKM 47 rifles.

The 74-year-old stashed the weapons in a basement and in the top floor room at his Edwardian mid-terrace house, without any of his family knowing about it.

The guns found included a Sten submachine, a British Mk1 machine gun, an Armalite AR10 rifle, and a M10 sub-machine gun.

The pensioner also had a Kommando semi-automatic pistol, a Russian AKm47 rifle and a FN 1910 semi-automatic pistol.

Now I’m not saying that Mr. Bushell is a bad guy. None of the reports of his UK “arsenal” (not the football team) indicated that he planned to do anything nefarious with his firearms.

I highlight his case to make an obvious point: if a good guy can amass 74 firearms — including machine guns — in an island country American antis hail as a “gun free zone,” what are the chances that gun control laws canchoke off the firearms supply to bad guys in the U.S., a country with some 300m firearms in private hands? Exactly, precisely, none.
I don't know how he did that. What I want to know is how lots of people in this country are able to do the same thing legally, and how England is able to maintain such a low murder rate, They are doing something right. We need to find out what that is and do it too.

The UK's murder rate has nothing to do with their gun laws but rather their culture, history, socioeconomic and societal variables that differ from those of the US.

The UK passed it's first strict gun laws in the 60s and the murder rate did not drop after those laws were passed

That's what gun nuts claim,but I haven't seen the proof that those things keep their gun related deaths so low. If England believed that,they wouldn't have the gun laws that they do.

over 300 million firearms in legal private hands and murder is what 8000 remind us what percentage that is that would justify removing a right

Who wants to remove a right? A background check has nothing to do with rights. It will only stop someone who shouldn't be able to buy a gun anyway.

And no criminals will ever figure out ways to get guns without going through a background check! RIGHT?

No less than 100% effectiveness is your requirement? No other law is 100% effective. Why do gun laws have to be?

So....what British gun law kept this guy from walking into a British elementary school....or whatever they call it over there, and murdering a bunch of children...considering even if the police showed up, they wouldn't have guns until their special units arrived....

Hmmmmmm, I believe that fully automatic weapons are completelly illegal on this island nation.....as are all the other guns this guy had........

In the wake of three high-profile mass shootings — Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs and Rancho Tehema — I wonder if firearms freedom fence sitters are starting to get the message: gun control doesn’t work. Background checks don’t stop criminals, crazies and terrorists from tooling-up and going postal. Background checks don’t stop them. Assault weapon bans don’t stop them. Ammunition capacity laws don’t stop them. A bullet to the brain? That stops them! Here’s more proof [via dailyrecord.co.uk] . . .

An eccentric pensioner who was found to have a massive arsenal of weapons after the fire brigade rushed to put out a blaze at his home has been jailed for five years.

Paul Bushell had amassed around 160 firearms, some of which were loaded and included sub-machine guns and Russian-made AKM 47 rifles.

The 74-year-old stashed the weapons in a basement and in the top floor room at his Edwardian mid-terrace house, without any of his family knowing about it.

The guns found included a Sten submachine, a British Mk1 machine gun, an Armalite AR10 rifle, and a M10 sub-machine gun.

The pensioner also had a Kommando semi-automatic pistol, a Russian AKm47 rifle and a FN 1910 semi-automatic pistol.

Now I’m not saying that Mr. Bushell is a bad guy. None of the reports of his UK “arsenal” (not the football team) indicated that he planned to do anything nefarious with his firearms.

I highlight his case to make an obvious point: if a good guy can amass 74 firearms — including machine guns — in an island country American antis hail as a “gun free zone,” what are the chances that gun control laws canchoke off the firearms supply to bad guys in the U.S., a country with some 300m firearms in private hands? Exactly, precisely, none.
I don't know how he did that. What I want to know is how lots of people in this country are able to do the same thing legally, and how England is able to maintain such a low murder rate, They are doing something right. We need to find out what that is and do it too.

The UK's murder rate has nothing to do with their gun laws but rather their culture, history, socioeconomic and societal variables that differ from those of the US.

The UK passed it's first strict gun laws in the 60s and the murder rate did not drop after those laws were passed

That's what gun nuts claim,but I haven't seen the proof that those things keep their gun related deaths so low. If England believed that,they wouldn't have the gun laws that they do.

The UK's murder rate has been lower than ours as far back as I have looked. In fact in 1950 the UK's murder rate was .8 per 100000 before all their tough gun laws

All their gun laws that you love started in the 60's and the murder rate went UP through the next couple decades

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center

gun laws have had no impact on murder rates of countries that have enacted them

You would be surprised what you can own over there. All my grandpas rifles were required by law to be suppressed .

No less than 100% effectiveness is your requirement? No other law is 100% effective. Why do gun laws have to be?

My requirement is that you fucktardz will realize and acknowledge how futile a required background check is in trying to prevent a hardened or determined criminal from getting their hands on guns.

And also, how idiotic it is to think that a background check will keep anyone who "passes" one from turning violent in their future.

The UK's murder rate has been lower than ours as far back as I have looked. In fact in 1950 the UK's murder rate was .8 per 100000 before all their tough gun laws

All their gun laws that you love started in the 60's and the murder rate went UP through the next couple decades

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center

Then you need to march right over there and tell the Queen that their gun laws are useless. I'll bet she will be grateful for the info, and change their laws immediately.

Then you need to march right over there and tell the Queen that their gun laws are useless. I'll bet she will be grateful for the info, and change their laws immediately.

I really don't give a flying or any other kind of fuck about what goes on in the UK.

I gave you factual evidence that the gun laws they passed in the 60's did nothing to lower their murder rate.

You say their gun laws lowered their murder rate. You are wrong.

My requirement is that you fucktardz will realize and acknowledge how futile a required background check is in trying to prevent a hardened or determined criminal from getting their hands on guns.

And also, how idiotic it is to think that a background check will keep anyone who "passes" one from turning violent in their future.

Right. Background checks, like every other law we have are not 100% effective, but they would make individual sales less of an open source for thugs buying guns.

It would be pretty idiotic. That's why background checks just check on what the applicant has done instead of what he might do in the future. Do current checks by licensed sellers have some way to see the future? That would be neat.

I really don't give a flying or any other kind of fuck about what goes on in the UK.

I gave you factual evidence that the gun laws they passed in the 60's did nothing to lower their murder rate.

Please point out here I said that. Their laws are working. Ours are not.

Right. Background checks, like every other law we have are not 100% effective, but they would make individual sales less of an open source for thugs buying guns.

It would be pretty idiotic. That's why background checks just check on what the applicant has done instead of what he might do in the future. Do current checks by licensed sellers have some way to see the future? That would be neat.

Background checks are useless paper tigers that do little more than catch the most ignorant of all criminals and make fucktarded lawmakers and those who support them THINK they are really doing something to make a difference, when they are not.

To the rest of us, you are nothing more than a waste of our time and an insult to our intelligence.

Last edited:

Background checks are useless paper tigers that do little more than catch the most ignorant of all criminals and make fucktarded lawmakers and those who support them THINK they are really doing something to make a difference.

To the rest of us, you are nothing more than a waste of our time and an insult to our intelligence.

I've read your posts. Your intelligence has been insulted a lot.

Their murder rates are low because they don’t have a huge black and Latino population.

Working to do what?

Lower the murder rate?

Their gun laws did NOT lower their murder rate

The murder rates of differing countries are due to far more variables than just gun laws

The current gun murder rate, which is lower than ours, went up after they banned guns....so it wasn't their gun control laws. Their criminals do not have a culture where they murder people easily and without reason.....that is the difference. That is changing as I keep pointing out. Their culture is creating more and more young male socipaths, they are importing violent sociopaths, and they are cutting their police forces......they are not doing anything right, they suffered a culture shock with World War 2 that slowed down the damaging effects of their welfare state....they don't have that anymore...

Read "Life at the Bottom." This details the decay of the British lower classes...and the increasing violence you find there....

They have 0.23 gun related deaths per 100,000 people We have 10.54. It is their gun control laws.They are doing it right. We aren't.
List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia
And 'firearm related death' is an asinine statistic. Straight out homicide rate is what matters and what it shows is that culture is the issue here. Briton did not see any changes in the homicide trend lines when passing their major gun control measures. No effect.

The OP is trying to claim we should not follow anything Great Britain has done. He claims the way we are doing things is better, yet they have an almost immeasurable murder rate and an even smaller gun related death rate. They are doing it right. We are the ones with the massive problem. Since we are talking about gun related deaths, what do you think would be more important than guns being easily available to people who shouldn't have them, and not even a background check before those people are able to buy one, or many?
We need to focus on actually fixing the problem rather than blindly passing the same laws that have been shown over and over again to be ineffective.

All or nothing. Typical RWNJ
No one said anything about all or nothing but you.

Anything to avoid actual facts.

The facts show that you are wrong.

You refusing to acknowledge reality does nothing to change those facts.

Background checks are useless paper tigers that do little more than catch the most ignorant of all criminals and make fucktarded lawmakers and those who support them THINK they are really doing something to make a difference.

I've read your posts. Your intelligence has been insulted a lot.

If that was anything other than a compliment. . .I doubt that you are smart enough to see how poorly that comment reflects on you.

actually retard their laws are not working as since the passage of the law the number of uses and murder with firearms went UP significantly.

They have 0.23 gun related deaths per 100,000 people We have 10.54. It is their gun control laws.They are doing it right. We aren't.
List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia
And 'firearm related death' is an asinine statistic. Straight out homicide rate is what matters and what it shows is that culture is the issue here. Briton did not see any changes in the homicide trend lines when passing their major gun control measures. No effect.

The OP is trying to claim we should not follow anything Great Britain has done. He claims the way we are doing things is better, yet they have an almost immeasurable murder rate and an even smaller gun related death rate. They are doing it right. We are the ones with the massive problem. Since we are talking about gun related deaths, what do you think would be more important than guns being easily available to people who shouldn't have them, and not even a background check before those people are able to buy one, or many?
We need to focus on actually fixing the problem rather than blindly passing the same laws that have been shown over and over again to be ineffective.

All or nothing. Typical RWNJ
No one said anything about all or nothing but you.

Anything to avoid actual facts.

That is gun nuts main claim." It won't stop a crook from getting a gun if he wants it bad enough." Well, no it won't, but it will stop a lot of them

Forum List

Back