Yeah about those "Women only" showings....

The double standard answer from you, huh. Not surprised. In other words, you're OK with discrimination as long as those being discriminated against are the ones you think deserve it?

Well, no. I said that I thought the "women only" was a bad idea.

It just wasn't malicious like 400 years of slavery and Jim Crow. It was just some theater owner thinking, "Maybe the ladies would enjoy it more without nerdy fan boys making sexist comments."

I'm not sure why Wonder Woman was ever a feminist Icon. She was created by a bondage fetishist who lived in a polyamorous relationship.

JoeB is all about getting government to do his dirty work against people he doesn't like.

Here's the thing. When someone complained, the theater owner "manned up" and said, "Yes, we did make a mistake, we apologize to anyone who was offended, and we won't do it again."

Unlike the Homophobic Baker, who decided the appropriate response to a legitimate complaint against his establishment was to publish the names and addresses of the people who complained about him on social media.

In other words, the theatre owner said "we got caught so we'll pretend it was a mistake and all the idiots will give us a break".

You thought women only was a bad idea but you excuse it while justifying your perceived beliefs about other things.

Joe's Ok with the women only discrimination but has a problem if it was white only. He justifies it by saying it's OK "punish" certain groups he perceives as offenders by using the very thing he says the perceived were wrong for using. That's my entire complaint against affirmative action. The supporters use the very characteristics to benefit groups they say were wrong when it harmed those groups.

Then you don't understand why affirmative action is needed.

They did a study of resumes a few years back, where they sent out resumes that were identical in all aspects except for the names on the resumes. Half of them had "white" names like John and Mary, and half of them had black names like Jamal and Lakeisha

The resumes with the white names got 50% more callbacks.

This isn't just about the horrible history we have in this country, it's about what still goes on today.

Can you prove the callbacks were based on race? It sounds good to fit your narrative but you have nothing other than you liberal viewpoint of it must be.

I fully understand why affirmative action is in place. If you can't do it on your own you have to be made to believe the reason you are behind is because someone else did it to you.

Sometimes a law comes back and bites you on the ass....

Alamo Drafthouse: Hey, we made a mistake advertising those 'women's only' screenings of Wonder Woman - Hot Air

In the letter it sent to the city, the Alamo Drafthouse argues that advertising the shows as “women only” and “No guys allowed” was done in a “tongue-in-cheek” way. The theater claims anyone could still have purchased a ticket and entered the theater for the showing, whether man or woman. However, the Drafthouse does admit that advertising the show as “women only” was a mistake saying, “Respondents did not realize that advertising a ‘women’s only’ screening was a violation of discrimination laws.”

Considering a movie theater is an actual "Public Accommodation" this doesn't contradict my views on contracted services. However, why should a theater NOT be able to host an all women, all men, all midget or whatever movie night?
60's and 70's were the Age of Stupidity. We are now in the Age of Insanity.

Just curious, why would you say the 60's-70's was the age of stupidity?
Colleges began pumping out idiots thinking the USSR was morally superior, we abandoned millions in Vietnam to be sent to reeducation camps, we tore down numerous historical sites in America, we took God out of schools, and the BeeGees played nonstop on the radio.
And Blazing Saddles is no longer allowed to be played.......

Alamo Drafthouse: Hey, we made a mistake advertising those 'women's only' screenings of Wonder Woman - Hot Air

In the letter it sent to the city, the Alamo Drafthouse argues that advertising the shows as “women only” and “No guys allowed” was done in a “tongue-in-cheek” way. The theater claims anyone could still have purchased a ticket and entered the theater for the showing, whether man or woman. However, the Drafthouse does admit that advertising the show as “women only” was a mistake saying, “Respondents did not realize that advertising a ‘women’s only’ screening was a violation of discrimination laws.”

Considering a movie theater is an actual "Public Accommodation" this doesn't contradict my views on contracted services. However, why should a theater NOT be able to host an all women, all men, all midget or whatever movie night?
and each decade driven by idiots on the left.
The Right is made up of such victims....and only victims.....victimized 24/7....365 days a year...for decades and decades and decades.

Let us weep for the poor Righties.

The Right is made up of such victims....and only victims.....victimized 24/7....365 days a year...for decades and decades and decades.

Thanks for the Doublespeak.

Thanks for the perpetual victimhood.

In other words, the theatre owner said "we got caught so we'll pretend it was a mistake and all the idiots will give us a break".

You thought women only was a bad idea but you excuse it while justifying your perceived beliefs about other things.

Yes, I actually take into account what your motives are when you make a mistake. I know that's a crazy idea.

If your motive is racism or homophobia, I really don't cut you a lot of slack.

If your motive was creating a single showing where women could enjoy the film without putting up with a lot of loutish behavior... I'm a little more understanding. (I'm assuming the theater had other showings where everyone could attend.)

I'm not a victim. Unlike those that have to benefit from affirmative action because they can't do it, I don't need it.

I'm not a victim. Unlike those that have to benefit from affirmative action because they can't do it, I don't need it.
So, you are unhappy about all those white women who make up the majority of AA recipients.

Yes, I actually take into account what your motives are when you make a mistake. I know that's a crazy idea.

If your motive is racism or homophobia, I really don't cut you a lot of slack.

If your motive was creating a single showing where women could enjoy the film without putting up with a lot of loutish behavior... I'm a little more understanding. (I'm assuming the theater had other showings where everyone could attend.)

In other words, you justify discrimination when you support certain things but oppose it if you don't? Got it.

So, you are unhappy about all those white women who make up the majority of AA recipients.

They don't benefit for being white you dumb NL.

Those that support AA are the same ones that use the bullshit term white privilege. Are you going to tell me that people supporting something designed to offset a situation they say exists are going to include provisions that benefit that very group?

If the movie was "Fried Green Tomatoes" nobody would complain.

Because it's "Wonder Woman" a popular movie everyone would like, it just appears that this will just be a bunch of man-hating lesbos trying to hook up.

Can you prove the callbacks were based on race? It sounds good to fit your narrative but you have nothing other than you liberal viewpoint of it must be.

are you some kind of retard who doesn't understand statistical sampling.

The ONLY difference between the resumes was the name.

White names got callbacks. Black names didn't.

Racism.

This isn't difficult. At an early age, someone should have introduced you to the concept of Occam's Razor.

Those that support AA are the same ones that use the bullshit term white privilege. Are you going to tell me that people supporting something designed to offset a situation they say exists are going to include provisions that benefit that very group?
Is "NL" a code word in Appalachian in-bred speak?

Because it's "Wonder Woman" a popular movie everyone would like, it just appears that this will just be a bunch of man-hating lesbos trying to hook up.
And....that makes you a victim........boo hoo.......

are you some kind of retard who doesn't understand statistical sampling.

The ONLY difference between the resumes was the name.

White names got callbacks. Black names didn't.

Racism.

This isn't difficult. At an early age, someone should have introduced you to the concept of Occam's Razor.

Did you see the applications or did you believe what you were told because it fits your narrative?

At an early age someone should have taught you that something isn't so because you say so.

I've had applications turned into me where the qualifications were, for the most part, the same. On paper, either person could have done the job. One that sticks out was that it was filled out in pencil when the application clearly said "Typed or blue/black ink". According to your mindset, they were equal. According to the one doing the hiring, me, the one in pencil meant the person couldn't follow directions. Another one involved someone misspelling his own name.

There are lots of things on applications unrelated to the content that are used to making decisions. You automatically go to racism because it gives you an excuse.

Snowflake.

Is "NL" a code word in Appalachian in-bred speak?

I don't live there, NL.

You Liberals claim to be so smart. Why do you have to ask what something means if you're so much smarter than those of us you call idiots?

Someone isn't a victim unless they considers themselves one. I'm not a victim of affirmative action because I know that none of the provisions that are a part of it apply to me or are needed by me in order to succeed. Those using the provisions can't say that. That they use them automatically means they're incapable of doing it on their own. If they were, they wouldn't need those provisions.

Forum List

Back