Yeah about those "Women only" showings....

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Sometimes a law comes back and bites you on the ass....

Alamo Drafthouse: Hey, we made a mistake advertising those 'women's only' screenings of Wonder Woman - Hot Air

In the letter it sent to the city, the Alamo Drafthouse argues that advertising the shows as “women only” and “No guys allowed” was done in a “tongue-in-cheek” way. The theater claims anyone could still have purchased a ticket and entered the theater for the showing, whether man or woman. However, the Drafthouse does admit that advertising the show as “women only” was a mistake saying, “Respondents did not realize that advertising a ‘women’s only’ screening was a violation of discrimination laws.”

Considering a movie theater is an actual "Public Accommodation" this doesn't contradict my views on contracted services. However, why should a theater NOT be able to host an all women, all men, all midget or whatever movie night?

Because our country has gone insane.
30 years ago this wouldn't have even made the local paper.
But in today's long, long, looooong list of offensive things and hypersensitivity thereof, common sense doesn't apply.

Alamo Drafthouse: Hey, we made a mistake advertising those 'women's only' screenings of Wonder Woman - Hot Air

In the letter it sent to the city, the Alamo Drafthouse argues that advertising the shows as “women only” and “No guys allowed” was done in a “tongue-in-cheek” way. The theater claims anyone could still have purchased a ticket and entered the theater for the showing, whether man or woman. However, the Drafthouse does admit that advertising the show as “women only” was a mistake saying, “Respondents did not realize that advertising a ‘women’s only’ screening was a violation of discrimination laws.”

Considering a movie theater is an actual "Public Accommodation" this doesn't contradict my views on contracted services. However, why should a theater NOT be able to host an all women, all men, all midget or whatever movie night?
60's and 70's were the Age of Stupidity. We are now in the Age of Insanity.

Just curious, why would you say the 60's-70's was the age of stupidity?

Colleges began pumping out idiots thinking the USSR was morally superior, we abandoned millions in Vietnam to be sent to reeducation camps, we tore down numerous historical sites in America, we took God out of schools, and the BeeGees played nonstop on the radio.

Colleges began pumping out idiots thinking the USSR was morally superior, we abandoned millions in Vietnam to be sent to reeducation camps, we tore down numerous historical sites in America, we took God out of schools, and the BeeGees played nonstop on the radio.

"...and the BeeGees played nonstop on the radio".... lol
Ok you win.

There are a lot more Roy Den Hollanders and David Gillespies out and about then anyone realizes I guess.

and each decade driven by idiots on the left.

I can't help but wonder if the people who supported the women's only showing of Wonder Woman which doesn't bother me are the same people who complained about Dunkirk not having very many if any non white characters and no strong female lead one?

If the story is true then the movie house owner was definitely a liberal, no further information is needed. Why? Because a conservative would not insult one half the customer base as did the owner. This is the same as Hillary calling 1/2 the voting base a basket full of deplorables. Idiotic on any level.

Plus the owner declared he didn't really mean they couldn't go to the movie. He only meant to insult men, and women, but is more then willing to take their money, if that isn't a liberal I don't know what is.

There are a lot more Roy Den Hollanders and David Gillespies out and about then anyone realizes I guess.

The Movie Theater has no one but itself to blame, as what they did is a clear violation of Austin's PA laws.

If the story is true then the movie house owner was definitely a liberal, no further information is needed. Why? Because a conservative would not insult one half the customer base as did the owner. This is the same as Hillary calling 1/2 the voting base a basket full of deplorables. Idiotic on any level.

Plus the owner declared he didn't really mean they couldn't go to the movie. He only meant to insult men, and women, but is more then willing to take their money, if that isn't a liberal I don't know what is.

No, i think they would have tried to deny entry, or at least make a stink about it. The sudden reversal is purely because they realize they are 100% on the wrong side of the law here, even if the law's application is stupid.

The Movie Theater has no one but itself to blame, as what they did is a clear violation of Austin's PA laws.

It's a marketing fail.

I was trying to think of a situation where I would say to any of my friends or family members ---let's go to a female only movie showing of anything. I couldn't. Ever.

And then it came to me, Marty. I realized I didn't give a damn.

It's a marketing fail.

I was trying to think of a situation where I would say to any of my friends or family members ---let's go to a female only movie showing of anything. I couldn't. Ever.

And then it came to me, Marty. I realized I didn't give a damn.

The only thing that makes me care is that the people who support "Everything is a PA, bake the damn cake" are probably the same people who thought this woman only showing was a great idea. It's not the act, its the hypocrisy that drives me nuts.

Because it violates the law.

Perhaps that was the only time a dude can get time off work to see that movie was at that showing time?

Of course, this isn't some wifebeater refusing to bake a wedding cake because Jesus hates the gays.

This was a theater who thought female fans might enjoy the movie more if they didn't have a bunch of Bros in the back yelling, "Look at her Tits!!!"

Because it violates the law.

Perhaps that was the only time a dude can get time off work to see that movie was at that showing time?

Of course, this isn't some wifebeater refusing to bake a wedding cake because Jesus hates the gays.

This was a theater who thought female fans might enjoy the movie more if they didn't have a bunch of Bros in the back yelling, "Look at her Tits!!!"

fuh fuh fuh, it's the law, fuh fuh fuh.

That's the best you got.

And you really are a self-hating person.

The only thing that makes me care is that the people who support "Everything is a PA, bake the damn cake" are probably the same people who thought this woman only showing was a great idea. It's not the act, its the hypocrisy that drives me nuts.

You were probably nuts a long time ago...

But let's look at that.

A threater thinking female fans might enjoy the film a lot more if you didn't have a bunch of loutish guys making comments about the female star of the movie in the back. Well, the intentions were good.

Some asshole who refuses to bake a cake after his wife invited some gay people to use their shop, and then screams bible verses at the poor woman's mother.

Meh. Can't see how that was anything but hateful.

You can't take God out of schools since he was never registered to be attending in the first place..

You were probably nuts a long time ago...

But let's look at that.

A threater thinking female fans might enjoy the film a lot more if you didn't have a bunch of loutish guys making comments about the female star of the movie in the back. Well, the intentions were good.

Some asshole who refuses to bake a cake after his wife invited some gay people to use their shop, and then screams bible verses at the poor woman's mother.

Meh. Can't see how that was anything but hateful.

So how do you stop the Lesbians in the theater for hooting about her tits?

ban them?

And you are showing your hypocrisy as usual, you dime store hack-fuck.

Forum List

Back