Yale cops warned white student for calling police on black student sleeping in common area

And?? So what?? You think it's wrong to point out that she was INDEED a Yale student who had taken a nap outside while finishing up her semester?

Or do think that it's WHITE racism for reporting a person sleeping under a bush? Either way -- it's not gonna make or break race relations at Yale. That's what people do when they see folks incapacitated in a public space. How do you know it wasn't a medical issue?
You asked 3 questions as possible explanations for why things played out the way they did - excuses, excuses, excuses.

So on another thread we have individuals arguing that George Zimmerman was within his right to follow Trayvon Martin and attempt to question him which ultimately lead to the confrontation resulting in Martin's death. Even though Zimmerman initiated the confrontation on the premise of "I don't know who you are" and "what are you doing here [in my neighborhood]" he had no lawful authority to either follow nor confront and attempt to question Martin in spite of what the opinions that some appear to hold that blacks are still expected to answer to whites even those with no authority.

In this case, it has been reported that this same individual has called the police on another black student. Calling the police on black people who are NOT violating the laws under a bullshit pretext of "public safety", "I felt threatened", "I didn't know who he/she was" or what "he/she was doing here" is a classic move by white racists. The poster IM2 gets a lot of push back because he doesn't bother to sugar coat his facts to make them more palatable to racists and I've seen other posters attempt to claim that he and anyone like him poses a threat to "public safety" or "national security" and the rest of the bs labels they try to apply to those among us for not kowtowing to the "sanitized" version of racism in America. It's generally the only power move they still have but it's one that is increasingly getting them in trouble because you can't report on someone at least not on 911 without your identity becoming known.

Why was there ever a presumption that the student was somewhere that she shouldn't have been, why did her mere presence necessitate a police response and once the police arrived why did it take them 15 minutes to ascertain that she was a student who had housing in the building? I wish I had access to my old writing because I covered this, it's not that dissimilar to the methods employed by the white citizens councils of the past

The Citizens' Councils (also referred to as White Citizens' Councils) were an associated network of white supremacist, extreme right,[1] organizations in the United States, concentrated in the South. The first was formed on July 11, 1954.[2] After 1956, it was known as the Citizens' Councils of America. With about 60,000 members across the United States,[3] mostly in the South, the groups were founded primarily to oppose racial integration of schools, but they also opposed voter registration efforts and integration of public facilities during the 1950s and 1960s. Members used severe intimidation tactics including economic boycotts, firing people from jobs, propaganda, and violence against citizens and civil-rights activists.
Citizens' Councils - Wikipedia

Too much outrage and escalation over this. Police are OBLIGATED to respond to reports by folks that are con concerned. They KNOW most of them are bunk. But you're not gonna get a desk SGT to GUESS whether there's a problem or not. So it's NOT the fault of the police.

It MIGHT be the other white student that HAS the problem. THat should be checked out. MAYBE she's a head case because of PREVIOUS experience. WE don't know.

But this is LIGHTYEARS from "Citizen's Councils" and vilgilantes. And the VICTIM here prolonged the ordeal by TREATING AS SUCH and mouthing to the police. And as I said --- the victims' "trauma" from this event would have been reduced to a couple minutes at most -- if she didn't let her Yale ID card expire..

And?? So what?? You think it's wrong to point out that she was INDEED a Yale student who had taken a nap outside while finishing up her semester?

Or do think that it's WHITE racism for reporting a person sleeping under a bush? Either way -- it's not gonna make or break race relations at Yale. That's what people do when they see folks incapacitated in a public space. How do you know it wasn't a medical issue?
You asked 3 questions as possible explanations for why things played out the way they did - excuses, excuses, excuses.

So on another thread we have individuals arguing that George Zimmerman was within his right to follow Trayvon Martin and attempt to question him which ultimately lead to the confrontation resulting in Martin's death. Even though Zimmerman initiated the confrontation on the premise of "I don't know who you are" and "what are you doing here [in my neighborhood]" he had no lawful authority to either follow nor confront and attempt to question Martin in spite of what the opinions that some appear to hold that blacks are still expected to answer to whites even those with no authority.

In this case, it has been reported that this same individual has called the police on another black student. Calling the police on black people who are NOT violating the laws under a bullshit pretext of "public safety", "I felt threatened", "I didn't know who he/she was" or what "he/she was doing here" is a classic move by white racists. The poster IM2 gets a lot of push back because he doesn't bother to sugar coat his facts to make them more palatable to racists and I've seen other posters attempt to claim that he and anyone like him poses a threat to "public safety" or "national security" and the rest of the bs labels they try to apply to those among us for not kowtowing to the "sanitized" version of racism in America. It's generally the only power move they still have but it's one that is increasingly getting them in trouble because you can't report on someone at least not on 911 without your identity becoming known.

Why was there ever a presumption that the student was somewhere that she shouldn't have been, why did her mere presence necessitate a police response and once the police arrived why did it take them 15 minutes to ascertain that she was a student who had housing in the building? I wish I had access to my old writing because I covered this, it's not that dissimilar to the methods employed by the white citizens councils of the past

The Citizens' Councils (also referred to as White Citizens' Councils) were an associated network of white supremacist, extreme right,[1] organizations in the United States, concentrated in the South. The first was formed on July 11, 1954.[2] After 1956, it was known as the Citizens' Councils of America. With about 60,000 members across the United States,[3] mostly in the South, the groups were founded primarily to oppose racial integration of schools, but they also opposed voter registration efforts and integration of public facilities during the 1950s and 1960s. Members used severe intimidation tactics including economic boycotts, firing people from jobs, propaganda, and violence against citizens and civil-rights activists.

Too much outrage and escalation over this. Police are OBLIGATED to respond to reports by folks that are con concerned. They KNOW most of them are bunk. But you're not gonna get a desk SGT to GUESS whether there's a problem or not. So it's NOT the fault of the police.

It MIGHT be the other white student that HAS the problem. THat should be checked out. MAYBE she's a head case because of PREVIOUS experience. WE don't know.

But this is LIGHTYEARS from "Citizen's Councils" and vilgilantes. And the VICTIM here prolonged the ordeal by TREATING AS SUCH and mouthing to the police. And as I said --- the victims' "trauma" from this event would have been reduced to a couple minutes at most -- if she didn't let her Yale ID card expire..

Why do you avoid the truth here? Are that dumb? This was a situation created by white racism. The only reaction to his this should be outrage directed to the person who created this problem. There is no blaming the victim for how she reacted nor making up stories of expired IDS hat should never have been required to be shown.

There is no excuse for what this white person did. If we were to talk about doing things because of bad experiences, then we lack people would be doing all kinds of things to whites, But if a black person does this, such excuses are never used. We are told to look at people as individuals by punks like you in these matters but here well his person may have had problems in the past so she an treat blacks as a group. That's why I say when whites pull up that individualism stuff that it's bullshit.

When do white people like you stop making excuses flacaltenn?

This is a side note - but she didn't "let" her Yale ID expire. I know it serves your argument to make it her fault, but the issue was not that her ID was expired, but that her name was spelled incorrectly in the database.

Why do you avoid the truth here? Are that dumb? This was a situation created by white racism. The only reaction to his this should be outrage directed to the person who created this problem. There is no blaming the victim for how she reacted nor making up stories of expired IDS hat should never have been required to be shown.

There is no excuse for what this white person did. If we were to talk about doing things because of bad experiences, then we lack people would be doing all kinds of things to whites, But if a black person does this, such excuses are never used. We are told to look at people as individuals by punks like you in these matters but here well his person may have had problems in the past so she an treat blacks as a group. That's why I say when whites pull up that individualism stuff that it's bullshit.

This is incorrect. As a student, she's required to have her ID on her, and show it if and when it is requested, if she's in a controlled building. That applies to all students.

The issue here isn't the cops, it's the lady who called them.

This is incorrect. As a student, she's required to have her ID on her, and show it if and when it is requested, if she's in a controlled building. That applies to all students.

The issue here isn't the cops, it's the lady who called them.

That may be true, but police should be able to see when a situation doesn't warrant all what they dd.

Forum List

Back