NYC's Hunter College has coursework in “the abolition of whiteness.”

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by basquebromance, May 11, 2018.

1. basquebromance

basquebromance Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,112
    Stanford the “abolishing whiteness as a cultural identity.” Classes at Grinnell & UW-Madison confront “the problem of whiteness.” St. John’s College takes on the “depravity of whiteness"

the white race is being smothered! THE WHITE RACE IS BEING SMOTHERED!

2. SobieskiSavedEurope

SobieskiSavedEurope BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
    Ratings:
    +5,090
    If they did that against Blacks it would be racist, but against Whites it's only racist when you resist.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,187
    Really?

What is whiteness?

4. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,056
    Same thing as blackness I would presume. Unless it's a dental enamel chart..

HOWEVER -- seems like the Stanford Course is more of the post election leftist meltdown and hissy fit than anything actually racist (or academically remotely important) :D ..

Stanford Course: Abolish Whiteness | NewBostonPost

It's all bawling and excuses for losing political power.

PS -- the faculty that WROTE that garbage should be ashamed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,187
    And that's the problem, you presume. Whiteness cannot mean the same thing as blackness. The experiences of each are vastly different..

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,056
    Still no reason to "Abolish" it. Or use it as an excuse for losing an election like that Stanford course is about. Again attacking and retribution is never likely to get folks to "feel your pain".. Especially when they never actually CAUSED any of it themselves.

I don't go around blaming folks for the dozens of Anti-Jew/Israel threads on USMB each week that savage my ancestry. And that's a CURRENT bias and slander against my heritage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,187
    That's your fault. Whiteness is not a heritage. I guess you don't see all he CURRENT bias against blacks that far outnumber hews, and that you are a jew with the same racist bias. And really, you need to drop that loser excuse of its in the past and whites today never caused anything. Teflon history is not allowed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,690
    The lectures are held in a tanning booth.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  9. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,056
    Well that right there is racist. There are all kinds of whiteness with full and rich heritages. This is a large part an effect of your radicalization that you don't see it. The only diff is -- all of these various slightly different histories and heritages don't CELEBRATE their heritage BECAUSE they are white, (except for our racists of course as I told you before umpteen times), but you can't DENY them their heritage UNLESS you're a racist.

So much "celebrate diversity" and "multiculturalism" for you leftists. Certainly for instance Jews who are a genetically distinct people have a heritage and DNA going back to the dawn of civilization.

But since you hate individualism and distinct heritages and want to see everything as black and white, you MUST be a racist.

I see white racists and black racists. Weren't likely to meet any Black racists until the Colleges and academia had really created enough of them. Those are the folks who deny respect for the other color. Which is exactly what you do by demanding general "suffering" of whites as retributtion or deny white heritage.

I'm not doing that. Neither did the past 5 generations of my family. Before America, they were dodging literally--- WHITE RUSSIAN cavalry using them for sword practice in the little villages the Czars confined them to. Probably never even PONDERED race in their lifetimes. They were FORCED to live in ghettos and abused for over 150 years of Czars.

White racists right now on USMB, lying about my history, religion, heritage are NO DIFFERENT from you dismissing any "white heritage".. Calling entire people "sub-human" and defective and evil. You can pull the quotes from threads on this board.

I TRY to understand the pain of my own forebears. It's hard to fathom. And you want me to SUFFER with your ancestral pain before you give me a certificate of absolution?

I'd rather work with a rainbow of folks to END SLAVERY in the world today. Or FIX the social/economic problems in America that PLAGUE the black citizens. And I've done that. Am doing that. But I've never seen a racist of ANY color come and help to do ANY of that heavy lifting. NEVER .......... You're all pretty much irrelevant and deserve each other.

Kumbaya.....

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  10. Ghost of a Rider

Ghost of a Rider Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +530
    You asked the question "What is whiteness?", presumably because you didn't know. So if you don't know what whiteness is, how do you know it's not the same as blackness?

• Agree Agree x 1